Corey Liuget DT going to be cut

RPbillsfan

Huge Bills fan living now in San Diego,  watch the Chargers every week and have seen a not of Corey Liuget.

Read on NFL.com that he is going to be released by the Chargers.  He is a solid 3 technique DT with penetration skills and could be an excellent addition to our defensive line.

In addition he was the Chargers candidate for "Man of the year" for off the field contributions.

He's only 28 and could team nicely with Star with the Phillips being the back-ups.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Huge Bills fan living now in San Diego,  watch the Chargers every week and have seen a not of Corey Liuget.

Read on NFL.com that he is going to be released by the Chargers.  He is a solid 3 technique DT with penetration skills and could be an excellent addition to our defensive line.

In addition he was the Chargers candidate for "Man of the year" for off the field contributions.

He's only 28 and could team nicely with Star with the Phillips being the back-ups.

Thoughts?

You've seen a not of him? Let me know what you think after you see him play ?

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Obvious typo, sorry did one mistyped world confuse you.

No bud. Just having some fun. Forgive me.

I always liked him. His character fits..so does his leadership. So does his availability. If I'm Beane, I'm all over this prior to FA

Judicial is the word I believe Beane used to describe FA. This would be it IMO

• Like (+1) 1

He’s only being cut because he’s due a 4 mill roster bonus here soon. They are open to bringing him back. Now he may get a better deal elsewhere, bevcause I don’t know if LAC is highly motivated here. They played a lot of games without him this year, and probably feel equipped to continue doing so.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

Always good to have penetration skills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I always liked him...Felt he could be an absolute monster early in his career...But he never quite lived up to it...

It's interesting because I think he's similar to Dareus in that, he should be a force, but he's not...He'll give you flashes...But not consistency...

I'm all for giving him a shot on a prove-it deal...He's a REAL good character/locker room guy...?

This is a guy I liked a lot during draft time. If PFF is your thing, they are up and down on him, but it appears he is one of the better interior run defenders in the NFL at times. He's been a defensive end in a 3-4 his entire career, but he is built like a 3 technique. I'd love to see what he could do, and outside of maybe Sheldon Richardson, he'd be one of the best DTs on the market. All of the d line depth in the draft will hurt a guy like this in free agency, but I think he can help us. 

3 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Because they are all the same, not sure who you are talking about either 

I'm guessing he's talking Tenny Palepoi. Luiget is far and away a better player. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1