T.J. Hockenson

gonzo1105

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It’s a still no from me at 9

Who do you want at 9, if they don't trade down?  Ed Oliver DT is my hope, if they don't trade down.  Would love to be able to get Oliver, Bradbury, and Risner, a RB, TE, and a few WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

4.7’s. For both runs. Not super explosive. But has shown good route running ability. Ertz also ran 4.7’s so I’m not that concerned. 

I love hockenson. He’s not an Uber athletic tight end like Kelce. But he’s fluid, athletic and great hands who can block. Reminds me a ton of Heath Miller and for me, totally worth the 9th pick. 

Something about the idea of taking Hockenson at 9 is irksome. The three best TE's(Ertz, Gronk, Kelce) were all taken in the 2nd/3rd round.

I feel like the Bills would be giving up a lot of capital in the hopes that becomes as good as guys that were taken much later. I like Hock quite a bit. I don't like Hock at 9.

Edited by BillsSB2020

4 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I love hockenson. He’s not an Uber athletic tight end like Kelce. But he’s fluid, athletic and great hands who can block. Reminds me a ton of Heath Miller and for me, totally worth the 9th pick. 

Great Hands, good route runner, great blocker, physical etc

His 3 cone was quicker than 95% of the RBs. It was fast than Deebo Samuels and Andy Isabella.

But for some reason I just feel he’ll have the work ethic, drive and heart as well.

Im all about Hockenson at 9. He improves our run game and passing game.

Ok, so as opposed as I have been to the thought of drafting a TE at #9, I have to admit that todays performance with the videos I have seen of Hockenson have me a bit intrigued. If we get the OL fixed in FA, and I mean really fixed with proven quality starters at positions of need, then I would be good with Hockenson in the 1st and Boykin in the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ok, so as opposed as I have been to the thought of drafting a TE at #9, I have to admit that todays performance with the videos I have seen of Hockenson have me a bit intrigued. If we get the OL fixed in FA, and I mean really fixed with proven quality starters at positions of need, then I would be good with Hockenson in the 1st and Boykin in the 2nd.

There’s a chance Hockenson goes 7 or 8.

Boykin just doesn’t fit this scheme, neither does Harry or Butler.

Im thinking AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, Riley Ridley, Deebo Samuels. All those WRs are multi role guys. Slot, split out, great route runners, great hands, shifty and tough to bring down. 

Right now I’m....

9. Hockenson 

40. AJ Brown 

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

There’s a chance Hockenson goes 7 or 8.

Boykin just doesn’t fit this scheme, neither does Harry or Butler.

Im thinking AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, Riley Ridley, Deebo Samuels. All those WRs are multi role guys. Slot, split out, great route runners, great hands, shifty and tough to bring down. 

Right now I’m....

9. Hockenson 

40. AJ Brown 

We do this we better be VERY aggressive in fa on the offensive line

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We do this we better be VERY aggressive in fa on the offensive line

Still a long way to go, but I would be very bullish that one of the first two picks this year will be OL..,

Some people seem very optimistic in how Free Agency is going to turn out for the Bills..,

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Great Hands, good route runner, great blocker, physical etc

His 3 cone was quicker than 95% of the RBs. It was fast than Deebo Samuels and Andy Isabella.

But for some reason I just feel he’ll have the work ethic, drive and heart as well.

Im all about Hockenson at 9. He improves our run game and passing game.

I’m glad to hear about his 3 cone, I was a little disappointed by his 40 time. I was hoping he was a 4.6 guy. If we come out of round 1 with Taylor, Metcalf, or Hockenson I will be happy.

32 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He ran in the 4.7s. Late first. 

4.7 flat is still above average for tight ends. Long speed isn't that important for a tight end. How often are they running a go route compared to working the short or intermediate areas of the field or staying home to block?

His 3 cone drill, 20 yard shuttle and 60 yard shuttle (change of direction/agility) results were very good. As were his vertical and broad jump results (lower body strength/explosiveness). His bench press was disappointing IMO, but upper body strength is relatively easy to develop from NCAA to pro, especially for someone with a good athletic profile.

Highlighting the drills above with his percentile against other TE (big thanks to MockDraftable.com which is an invaluable resource this time of year) :

40 yard dash: 4.70 (68th)

Vertical: 37.5 (90th)

Broad Jump: 123" (91st)

3-Cone drill: 7.02 (77th)

20 yard shuttle: 4.18 (85th)

60 yard shuttle: 11.55 (84th)

Bench Press: 17 reps (21st)

• Like (+1) 2