T.J. Hockenson

gonzo1105

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

He will not be a Bill unless we trade down. 

First, I love Hock. But there’s way too much value to be had at 9. Metcalf, Oliver, Jonah Williams. I like Hock at 20-25, but not at 9.  

I would definitely take Hockenson over Williams. 

I think Taylor should be our number 1 choice. If he is off the board then Metcalf or Oliver should be the pick. If all three are off the board Hockenson should be in play for the selection. 

16 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would definitely take Hockenson over Williams. 

I think Taylor should be our number 1 choice. If he is off the board then Metcalf or Oliver should be the pick. If all three are off the board Hockenson should be in play for the selection. 

My first reaction is to argue but let’s see what FA brings in. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

My first reaction is to argue but let’s see what FA brings in. 

I'm expecting a guard, which is the position that I think Williams will play in the NFL. Saffold in FA and Taylor in round 1 would be my ideal offseason. 

Hockenson and Williams probably go in the mid teens. I think Hockenson is the better prospect though. 

8 minutes ago, billspro said:

I'm expecting a guard, which is the position that I think Williams will play in the NFL. Saffold in FA and Taylor in round 1 would be my ideal offseason. 

Hockenson and Williams probably go in the mid teens. I think Hockenson is the better prospect though. 

Yeah, I like him a lot. Right now I'm just gonna sit back and relax and see what FA brings us, and then I'll be able to guess at the Draft. But truly, I think this is a BPA kinda draft. There's not a position I'd get upset about in the first 3 rounds other than safety and QB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Why not his teammate Noah fant? 

Because while he's a better athlete, He was 2nd on the depth chart at Iowa for a reason. He has inconsistent blocking, inconsistent hands. A perfect example was he was killing the combine no doubt and he ran a wheel route drill and clanged right off his hands and he dropped it. Listen to the ball hit Hockenson's hands. You barely hear it which indicates he has really soft hands. Fant is the boom or bust guy. Hockenson at worst is a top 15 TE in the NFL with the potential for Top 5.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Why not his teammate Noah fant? 

Personally I think they're both going to be very good pros. Hockenson is a better blocker, and unless the Bills bring some guys in via free agency to completely overhaul the position, the only two TE currently on the roster are both converted from other positions and below average blockers, so in the context of this team, I think he's the better fit.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

He will not be a Bill unless we trade down. 

First, I love Hock. But there’s way too much value to be had at 9. Metcalf, Oliver, Jonah Williams. I like Hock at 20-25, but not at 9.  

Big huge hard pass on Metcalf at 9. His agility drills were beyond awful. Changing direction is....kind of important at the position and he scored bottom of the barrel.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Personally I think they're both going to be very good pros. Hockenson is a better blocker, and unless the Bills bring some guys in via free agency to completely overhaul the position, the only two TE currently on the roster are both converted from other positions and below average blockers, so in the context of this team, I think he's the better fit.

Big huge hard pass on Metcalf at 9. His agility drills were beyond awful. Changing direction is....kind of important at the position and he scored bottom of the barrel.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take your word.

Anyways, I'm gonna have fun this draft and not really care who we get because we got the only thing I cared about last year at 7. This year I'll just hop on here and praise Beane for being a genius for whoever he says. He was right on Allen, and that means we finally have a GM that GM's better than I do from my couch for the first time in 2 decades. So I'll just clap for whoever we get.

But bruh, 6'4", 230 lbs, 4.33 40........wow! I understand he dropped a lot of balls though.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Anyways, I'm gonna have fun this draft and not really care who we get because we got the only thing I cared about last year at 7. This year I'll just hop on here and praise Beane for being a genius for whoever he says. He was right on Allen, and that means we finally have a GM that GM's better than I do from my couch for the first time in 2 decades. So I'll just clap for whoever we get.

But bruh, 6'4", 230 lbs, 4.33 40........wow! I understand he dropped a lot of balls though.

Let's just say he was uhh, below average on the agility drills

4 hours ago, JM57 said:

Metcalf is a unique talent. He is a very limited route runner and if that is what a team asks him to do he might not be successful. I still think he could be a Randy Moss type of player. Just let him run vertical routes and throw it up. That style could work well with Josh Allen too. 

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

It's nice to finally have a GM smarter than the people on a message board. That should not be hard, but we have had people on here with much better success at projecting players than previous regimes. 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

Metcalf is a unique talent. He is a very limited route runner and if that is what a team asks him to do he might not be successful. I still think he could be a Randy Moss type of player. Just let him run vertical routes and throw it up. That style could work well with Josh Allen too. 

Counterpoint: I'm a defensive coordinator. Why would I ever let Metcalf get behind my defense if it's well known the only thing he does well is run in a straight line? One trick ponies are not what you draft at 9th overall.

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Counterpoint: I'm a defensive coordinator. Why would I ever let Metcalf get behind my defense if it's well known the only thing he does well is run in a straight line? One trick ponies are not what you draft at 9th overall.

It depends how good your one trick is. They said the same thing about Randy Moss and he still got by them. Also, if they are that scared deep you will have a 10 yard hitch open all day. I'm not sure I would take him at nine but I do think he would fit well into our offense. Especially with Allen's arm, you can only cover deep for so long. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JM57 said:

If your defense is FOCUSED on keeping Metcalf(and Foster) from beating you deep, EVERYTHING will be open underneath. Having a guy like Metcalf would create matchup nightmares. You're gonna have to sacrifice the 10 yard hitch as the previous poster alluded to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

You playing 10 yards off of him or keeping a safety over top?  His speed matches his film.  He has another gear most dont.  Having an elite deep threat paired with Allen makes too much sense.   

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

You playing 10 yards off of him or keeping a safety over top?  His speed matches his film.  He has another gear most dont.  Having an elite deep threat paired with Allen makes too much sense.   

You're gonna have a really hard time convincing me that a guy that is only a deep threat is worth #9. It's not like he scored slightly below average on the agility tests. He tested in the THIRD PERCENTILE for all WR in the last 20 years. That's a very bad sign.

I'm starting to think Jonah Williams needs to be the pick if he falls to us. This guy is going to be a great O-Lineman for 10 years and can play multiple positions on the O-Line. After months of watching film I now have my 1st pick in the draft set. If the Jets take Williams I think we should trade down a few spots and take T. J.