T.J. Hockenson

gonzo1105

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think we could pursue some of the following guys in FA along the OL:

Donovan Smith, Trent Brown, Mitch Morse, Rodger Saffold, Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams.  

We already signed Long, who I think could compete to start, but also could be a good depth player.  He was much better in Washington surrounded by more talent.  Last year with the Jets, he had an injury on his snapping hand which greatly impacted his performance.  But right now, I do think he could have a bounce back year now that hes healthy and if we have some better players around him than Jets had.  

But if can also sign someone like Morse/Paradis to start at C so Long can backup C and maybe even start at G, then it could be a very good signing for us.  Then go add one of those tackles and we will have the makings of a much better line already.  Be great if they also found a way to add Saffold too.  

That being said, I have no issues taking an OL in the draft either and think Bills may be eyeing someone like Risner who also seems to want to come to Buffalo.  I do however think OL will be one area Beane is most active in with FA so he can get some veteran help to try and immediately stabilize the line for Josh.  

Word.  Considering the lack of talent at WR in free agency and just overall lack of players I’d like to root for, I really hope we can sign a great Oline in free agency and after some of these intriguing playmakers available in the draft.  WR, TE, RB.  We need all 3

Edited by NewEra

I don't follow college ball but looking at the highlights, kid looks NICE... My thing is, who cares where we draft? If you like the kid, get him at 9. If you trade down and get him, even better. But if he produces and becomes your TE for years, who cares where you drafted him?

Allen needs weapons and this kid looks like him and Allen will have a lot of fun together and celebrate together often in the endzone... Get it done Beane...

On 2/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, White Linen said:

There's been 9 TE's drafted in the first round the last 10 years and only 1, IMO, has even been remotely worth it (Evan Engram).  

I would never draft a TE in the first round and most definitely not at 9 or 12-15.

I see your point, and I think there is zero chance Beane would burn a first rounder on any TE, but the good ones like Kelce, Kittle, Ertz can really open up an offense.

I think Croom is for real next season, and hope we burn most of our picks on the big boys in the trenches on either side of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I see your point, and I think there is zero chance Beane would burn a first rounder on any TE, but the good ones like Kelce, Kittle, Ertz can really open up an offense.

I think Croom is for real next season, and hope we burn most of our picks on the big boys in the trenches on either side of the ball.

Agreed on how helpful a great TE can be,  but too lazy to look up where thy were drafted. A lot of the top FA OL guys were late picks. Spend your money on the best scouts on the planet!!!

I also like Croom more than most, so you’re probably wrong about him......?

The only thing Croom has is athletic ability. Covented WR almost never pan out as good TE's and in Croom's case he is a horrid blocker,  bad route runner, questionable ball security and hands. I was actually hoping Croom would be released but that will probably happen in TC with hopefully a infusion of talent with at least 3 new TE's. 

If we sign Morse and Williams in FA we could go into the draft not without feeling pressured to draft OL in the first 2 rounds. This happens and picking a TE early wouldn't be something people complain about because "this OL was available when we picked", Hockenson deserves to be in the conversation in the first based on talent alone.

If we can't sign OL in FA my dream draft would be a trade down 1-OT 2- TE 2- WR 3- C

Edited by ndirish1978

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

this makes Hockenson the easy choice. Bloodlines are nice but actual play is what counts and top end speed isnt critical at TE.

Possibly... although Smith will probably be there at 40..

TJ won’t be and I don’t think Beane picks him at 9..

Daboll might also like Smith having coached him in 2017..

Looking forward to the Combine where I’m sure all will be revealed..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Do not draft a TE in the top 15. Do not draft a TE in the top 15. Do not draft a TE in the top 15. ???

Exactly. I'd rather take another CB at #9 than draft a TE. There is no TE that is worthy of #9. Hell, I don't think there is one worthy of top 20. Maybe in the 3rd Round.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On their ‘Big Board’, Draftek has Hockenson’s slightly taller teammate, Noah Fant, ranked #28  - the highest ranked TE.

Hockenson is ranked #82, behind Fant, Irv Smith, Kaden Smith, and Josh Oliver.

Based on that, I’m thinking he’ll be there for us in round 3, maybe even round 4.

Edited by The Senator

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

On their ‘Big Board’, Draftek has Hockenson’s slightly taller teammate, Noah Fant, ranked #28  - the highest ranked TE.

Based on that, I’m thinking he’ll be there for us in round 3, maybe even round 4.

This is not really trying to knock Astro, but Drafttek's rankings of players are absolutely terrible. I literally laugh where some of their players are ranked....Hockenson being one of them.

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We only have one TE in Croom on our roster right now.

I gotta believe we'll trade back from 9 and use one of (hopefully) 2 1st round picks to draft Hockenson or Fant.

1st round TEs are typically not a wise investment.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2019 at 5:06 AM, The Senator said:

Interesting that Casserly now has Hockenson going at number 8 to Detroit.  Calls him a reach, but the buzz is growing.

Casserly Mock

Edited by Maynard