Hearing Broncos will let Matt Paradis test FA

Patriot Killa

On 2/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills may have already moved on from Paradis. Otherwise the Spencer Long signing makes no sense.

Edit: 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-how-buffalo-impressed-recent-free-agent-signee-spencer-long

Long has also been told he will compete for a starting position. Doubt Long will compete for a starting spot with a Morse or a Paradis. So maybe the Bills have moved on from Morse / Paradis. But, based on the fact that only $1.2 mill of Long's contract is guaranteed - the Bills may still be looking for another Center. Mixed signals.

May be making too much of the Long signing as Bodine is set to be a UFA after next season and I think Long fits in nicely as a starting Guard that could serve as a backup to center if needed.

I don't necessarily see a little over 4 million a year deal being a show- stopper for the Bills front office still finding a premium upgrade at center.

IMO He may be just a guy that can fill a need and depth role when Bodine is either released or hits the market as a UFA.

Admittedly, I am hoping this is the case. Otherwise my mental response to Beane's plans on making upgrades around, and protecting Allen better will be a slow clap of mocking derision.

"Awesome, yay we landed the 37th rated center" where do we sign for those club seats?

On 2/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills may have already moved on from Paradis. Otherwise the Spencer Long signing makes no sense.

Edit: 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-how-buffalo-impressed-recent-free-agent-signee-spencer-long

Long has also been told he will compete for a starting position. Doubt Long will compete for a starting spot with a Morse or a Paradis. So maybe the Bills have moved on from Morse / Paradis. But, based on the fact that only $1.2 mill of Long's contract is guaranteed - the Bills may still be looking for another Center. Mixed signals.

I think MCD tells every FA they have to compete and earn the spot.  So this does not rule out Morse or Paradis.  MCD plays the best player, period.  

The Long signing also makes sense in that you get some cheap, good depth at the 2nd most important offensive position.  

Edited by RyanC883

A veteran center in his prime who is good is gold for a young quarterback. IF you guys who know anything about Paradis think he is that, then this is a position I would love to see the Bills spend money on in FA and even ‘over spend’. It can’t be understated how be of an impact Alex Mack has made In Atlanta. Here’s to hoping Beane can find the Bills their pro bowl center. 

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A veteran center in his prime who is good is gold for a young quarterback. IF you guys who know anything about Paradis think he is that, then this is a position I would love to see the Bills spend money on in FA and even ‘over spend’. It can’t be understated how be of an impact Alex Mack has made In Atlanta. Here’s to hoping Beane can find the Bills their pro bowl center. 

Yes there 7-9 record would suggest such.  They put a dollar figure on each position and that is what they spend.  They wont go outside that by much.  You saw that with Josh Norman in Car.  With that being said they view the C as an important player so they probably have a good dollar amount there.

Edited by formerlyofCtown