Hearing Broncos will let Matt Paradis test FA

Patriot Killa

32 minutes ago, T master said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Bean & company at the very least talk to him but i don't see them getting in a bidding war for him or as some here said to back up the truck & pay him what ever he wants after all the guy is 29 which isn't old but what is the longevity of a center in the NFL ?

I know a good one can make or break a offense as was seen this yr with the loss of E Wood ! I i guess if they could get him for around the same contract that they gave E Wood that wouldn't be bad because they thought they would be paying that out any way .

The Spencer Long signing would be good for a back up at the position & he could be a better guard than he was a center, the O line needs all the help it can get to be better than it has been !!

I'm starting to think Paradis wants top Center money which will be 11 million per.

I think the Broncos are more around 9.  I'm speculating of course.

Paradis and his agent probably want a 5 year contract with about 60% guaranteed.

If he is still playing well at 33 years old it would probably be worth the money..............if he isn't.................

The question will be if Elway bumps up his offer enough for Paradis to stay in DEN which is what he wants to do.

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, Paradis or Mitch Morse. Ryan Kalil would be ok too (and Beane is obviously familiar with him). And I want Daryl Williams at T (another carolina guy Beane is familiar with)

But I don’t really have my hopes up. Im not sure how many real big names buffalo will go after, and even if they do buffalo isn’t exactly a free agent destination (yet...?).

Im hoping this new, state of the art $18M training facility will help their recruiting. It’s supposed to be one of the top 3 in the NFL when finished. That’s pretty damn cool for a small market team. 

Ryan Kalil retired.

When it comes to Center, the Bills only have two good options in Free Agency:

- Matt Paradis

- Mitch Morse

After that, you only have a handful of guys with any real starting experience in the NFL. 

And I wouldn't consider any of those guys (Matt Skura, Spencer Pulley, etc.) to be upgrades from Russell Bodine or Ryan Groy.

If you don't get Paradis and you don't get Morse (and believe me, there will be a very big market for both), then your only choice is looking to the draft. 

There are some decent 2nd-3rd Round options like Elgton Jenkins, Garrett Bradbury, Erick McCoy and Michael Jordan.  But I never like going into the draft with a desperate need at any position.  That's probably why Beane jumped on getting Spencer Long.  Because if we strike out on all of the above, Long was probably the next best option.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Ryan Kalil retired.

When it comes to Center, the Bills only have two good options in Free Agency:

- Matt Paradis

- Mitch Morse

After that, you only have a handful of guys with any real starting experience in the NFL. 

And I wouldn't consider any of those guys (Matt Skura, Spencer Pulley, etc.) to be upgrades from Russell Bodine or Ryan Groy.

If you don't get Paradis and you don't get Morse (and believe me, there will be a very big market for both), then your only choice is looking to the draft. 

There are some decent 2nd-3rd Round options like Elgton Jenkins, Garrett Bradbury, Erick McCoy and Michael Jordan.  But I never like going into the draft with a desperate need at any position.  That's probably why Beane jumped on getting Spencer Long.  Because if we strike out on all of the above, Long was probably the next best option.

All great points about the FA center market. Beane also said be prefers a vet at C - so this is a wise signing considering the thin market coming up. We are lucky Long was cut early, which was because he had a 3mill roster bonus due 3 days after the SB. 

As far as that list of draft prospects, Mike Jordan cannot play C and doesn’t want to play C. I hope no one drafts him and plays him at C. He literally cannot snap the ball correctly, and no he didn’t have any injury. He’s a very good G though. For some odd reason he was an all American at C this season - it’s a mystery. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Well, this is good news to me at the very least, considering I thought it was more likely than not that the Broncos would bring him back. Now I can keep hoping we swing for the fences and sign at least one of these guys. Although I think Bradbury is amazing and I want him on the team about as badly as I'd like us to draft Dalton Risner. If we can stabilize the OL in FA, that just frees us up to draft some skills players and and go BPA.

Edited by ndirish1978

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes, it appears only 1.2 mill of Long's 13 mill deal is guaranteed. No wonder the Bills signed him early. To lock him up with just 1.2 mill in a position of absolute need - that has the potential to go down as one of the best off-season signings.  That also means a top flight center (FA or Draft)is still very much in play. 

Where are you seeing this?

edit- nevermind I see Rodak tweeted it. Nice!

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Paradis will be a Jet in my opinion. He's a perfect zone player for Gase. He played for Gase and was drafted for his offense. It's the most obvious fit in free agency. 

Bills fans, Mitch Morse is the better player for us. He's a converted left tackle, so he has a much better skill set and is scheme versatile. I know PFF rates Paradis higher, but I don't care. Morse is younger, bigger, and an overall better athlete. He has not surrendered a sack since his rookie season. He's bigger, faster, stronger, longer, and younger. The only red flag is the concussions, but we need to make Mitch Morse happen. He's the perfect fit for us.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Paradis will be a Jet in my opinion. He's a perfect zone player for Gase. He played for Gase and was drafted for his offense. It's the most obvious fit in free agency. 

Bills fans, Mitch Morse is the better player for us. He's a converted left tackle, so he has a much better skill set and is scheme versatile. I know PFF rates Paradis higher, but I don't care. Morse is younger, bigger, and an overall better athlete. He has not surrendered a sack since his rookie season. He's bigger, faster, stronger, longer, and younger. The only red flag is the concussions, but we need to make Mitch Morse happen. He's the perfect fit for us.  

Why would KC let him go?

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When I think back to how this team could not execute a screen to save their lives because our OL literally could not get out in front of it....it is quite refreshing to watch Long's tape on how he gets out to the second level and blocks.......

I like this signing for a multitude of reasons

Long has a bit of a nasty streak as well, which is something I really like. My hopeful and optimistic outlook is that we sign Morse and Williams and Long plays RG, with either Teller or an upgrade at LG. 

Teller-Morse-Long in the interior are three really smart guys with nasty streaks. I would love it. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Long has a bit of a nasty streak as well, which is something I really like. My hopeful and optimistic outlook is that we sign Morse and Williams and Long plays RG, with either Teller or an upgrade at LG. 

Teller-Morse-Long in the interior are three really smart guys with nasty streaks. I would love it. 

Stop whispering these sweet nothings to us on Valentines Day 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would KC let him go?

It's a cap issue. They have to pay Dee Ford, Steven Nelson etc. Plus eventually Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones. I think they are in a tough spot. They got some production out of Austin Reiter, and with LD-Tardif returning, they probably feel they don't aren't in a position to pay Morse top dollar. I think they want him back, but won't be able to afford him. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MJS said:

Long is a safe signing for right now. There is no gaurentee of signing any player that you want once free agency opens, even if you offer them top dollar. I don't think that signing Long has much to do with the players they target in free agency. Bring in as many oline upgrades as possible and let them all battle for the top spots.

I agree...bring in the bodies.However,I think the Long signing spells the end for Groy..and if they do bring in more talent at center..they lose next to nothing by giving Bodine his walking papers.(500k- dead cap).Hey...changes were expected..

20 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills may have already moved on from Paradis. Otherwise the Spencer Long signing makes no sense.

Long can play guard. Also he’s signed for 3 years, but the team has out clauses after the first and second season. So he’s an addition, and possibly a starter, but it doesn’t prevent them from doing anything. It just allows them to go after anyone on the interior and doesn’t lock them into needing specifically a guard or center.