Hearing Broncos will let Matt Paradis test FA

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, Paradis or Mitch Morse. Ryan Kalil would be ok too (and Beane is obviously familiar with him). And I want Daryl Williams at T (another carolina guy Beane is familiar with)

But I don’t really have my hopes up. Im not sure how many real big names buffalo will go after, and even if they do buffalo isn’t exactly a free agent destination (yet...?).

Im hoping this new, state of the art $18M training facility will help their recruiting. It’s supposed to be one of the top 3 in the NFL when finished. That’s pretty damn cool for a small market team. 

I think there may be something of a ripple effect if we can land a bigtime player like Paradis early in the process. Crossing my fingers.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills may have already moved on from Paradis. Otherwise the Spencer Long signing makes no sense.

Long plays LG, C, and RG.  How would signing Paradis be a mistake?  Two veterans leading our interior.  Paradis and Long would be immediate upgrades.  Dawkins-Teller-Paradis-Long-high draft pick has good potential

4 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I would literally back up the truck. Let him name his price. 

Certainly don't let the Jets get him...

I think Paradis is the key FA signing for the Bills in 2019 IMO

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills may have already moved on from Paradis. Otherwise the Spencer Long signing makes no sense.

Image result for donald trump wrong

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

OMG! I finally figured it out! I thought it was a clever -if getting old- shtick, but you’re in Stage 3 concussion protocol, aren’t you?

Has to be. Otherwise, THIS makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

My guess is, if in the end he's not a Bill, it won't be because they don't try...

I think he's our #1 target in Free Agency and they are going to offer him a BIG deal...?

I think they’ll try as well, but Morse is 5 years younger. 1, 1a, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think they’ll try as well, but Morse is 5 years younger. 1, 1a, imo.

Well...It's more like 2.5 yrs...10/12/89 to 4/21/92...

But agreed... Either or...I think Morse will get similar money too...I just think they'll like Paradis more because he's been a better run blocker...

We'll see...?

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm really surprised by this if true, he is one of the best interior offensive lineman in the league, I get his late injury unless it's a bigger issue than initially thought to be?

Maybe they already  know they can’t come up with the dollars?

1 hour ago, KOKBILLS said:

Well...It's more like 2.5 yrs...10/12/89 to 4/21/92...

But agreed... Either or...I think Morse will get similar money too...I just think they'll like Paradis more because he's been a better run blocker...

We'll see...?

I guess my wishful thinking is a Kelly/Hull thing. Both started and finished their careers on the same day, 10 years apart. If Paradis and Morse are as good as advertised, I’d love to see Josh and a Center do the same or damn near. Paradis doesn’t make this grade and is already wounded..

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It’s possible that could be true. We just don’t know what their plans are for Long, position-wise. I’m not convinced they plan to pursue Paradis, regardless. He’s going to be 30 and is coming off of double hip surgery and a broken fibula. For the value I’d personally let him get paid elsewhere.

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think the long signing has any bearing on who they may target. Long was just available and they wanted to make sure they got someone ASAP. He’s versatile and can start in the pinch. I would guess buffalo signed him as depth or a temporary starter. 

Paradis and Morse should still be big targets if they hit the market. 

My assumption and hope as well.

A few observations/predictions....

• If this report is true (which I believe it is), he'll most def have a better offer via FA then what Denver is offering. As much as he wants to remain in Denver, I think if he is blown away he'll sign elsewhere.
  • I believe he is either the Bills #1 or #2 target. The Spencer Long signing is nothing other than a replacement for Ryan Groy, and a better swing OL who could start or fill in if  needed.
  • We will have to wow him, not just with $$$, b/c we will bidding against NYJ, and probably 2-3 other teams that all want him bad.
  • At 29 years old, and coming off an injury, if we get outbid or he choses elsewhere, Mitch More is a GREAT fallback option!

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, it appears only 1.2 mill of Long's 13 mill deal is guaranteed. No wonder the Bills signed him early. To lock him up with just 1.2 mill in a position of absolute need - that has the potential to go down as one of the best off-season signings.  That also means a top flight center (FA or Draft)is still very much in play. 

• Like (+1) 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Bean & company at the very least talk to him but i don't see them getting in a bidding war for him or as some here said to back up the truck & pay him what ever he wants after all the guy is 29 which isn't old but what is the longevity of a center in the NFL ?

I know a good one can make or break a offense as was seen this yr with the loss of E Wood ! I i guess if they could get him for around the same contract that they gave E Wood that wouldn't be bad because they thought they would be paying that out any way .

The Spencer Long signing would be good for a back up at the position & he could be a better guard than he was a center, the O line needs all the help it can get to be better than it has been !!

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1