Will we see a Tyrod - Roman pairing again?

8 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

When you bring up a Pro Bowl appearance in support of your argument for a player, the terrorists have won.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why will it happen?

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

Why will it not happen?

Anthony Lynn is also a big Tyrod fan - so it is possible Tyrod burnt some bridges with Roman by embracing Lynn after the former's firing.

Actually Roman determined Matt Cassel had won the competition. Rex Ryan decided Tyrod Taylor was the guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod Taylor overcame unreasonably high expectations whilst in Buffalo.  He beat out multiple very well qualified QBs to honestly earn his position as the starter for three years.  He never blamed anyone when he had a bad game.

He's the best QB the Buffalo Bills have had since Doug Flutie left.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Of these choices, the only logical one is #4.

If you are going for logic, my attempt at humor sadly failed.

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod Taylor overcame unreasonably high expectations whilst in Buffalo.  He beat out multiple very well qualified QBs to honestly earn his position as the starter for three years.  He never blamed anyone when he had a bad game.

corrected for ya.

He was the best QB the Buffalo Bills had since Doug Flutie left till Josh Allen arrived. Little home bias here please.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He's basically still a rookie.  I'd pick him up and see if he can be developed into a franchise QB.

Everywhere he goes, he never gets a fair shot to prove himself.  How is a QB supposed to get into any kind of groove under those conditions?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod Taylor single-handedly ended the drought.  For that, we should be grateful.

You my friend are a freaking genius!  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Everywhere he goes, he never gets a fair shot to prove himself.  How is a QB supposed to get into any kind of groove under those conditions?

For this too.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Indumibusly

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, White Linen said:

It might happen and I think you give some good reasons why it makes sense.  I don't really care if he becomes their back up.  

....interestingly, I had heard that Roman went ballistic internally at OBD when Cassel was traded and knowing he'd be working with TT as his QB.......seeing that Rex claimed responsibility for bringing TT in, the friction could be why he canned Roman......don't see much comfort for Roman with Jackson as "the future" and RG II 1/8 in the bullpen......Jackson is the epitome of "one read and run" and certainly is NOT a shining star in his pressers......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Since you asked?

stealing from a fellow poster

1. Some maybe wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back as JA's backup.

2. Maybe to reinforce the fact that the Bills should have asked for more compensation in the trade with Browns since it will be proof that he is not widely regarded as useless.

3. Maybe I (or others on this board) am (are) interning as a junior capologist with the Ravens and it is a good idea to run this by yall first before presenting it to my (their) GM

4. Bored

Sorry the 1st time was much better played.  

20 hours ago, WhoTom said:

He's gonna be like Fitz: a backup who gets starting gigs as the bridge QB on several different teams.

There is definitely a market for TT given what has happened or going to happen this off season with the QB position, TT wants to be a starter so i look to the Jags, Redskins, Miami, all to be looking at a dependable QB that they know can be a starter & won't demand a bunch of cash to be a little bit better than some out there & TT might be that guy !! 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, Gugny said:

He never blamed anyone, yet he never improved in his time here. Yes he had some moments, but after 3 seasons of him starting, enough was enough. He wasn't good in Cleveland either. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

He never blamed anyone, yet he never improved in his time here. Yes he had some moments, but after 3 seasons of him starting, enough was enough. He wasn't good in Cleveland either. 

Tyrod was technically a rookie when he came to Buffalo.  He deserved more than 3 years to prove himself.  And Cleveland never even gave him a chance!!

For some strange reason, it's like people (coaches and fans) expect him to be some kind of superhero.  I don't get it.

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod was technically a rookie when he came to Buffalo.  He deserved more than 3 years to prove himself.  And Cleveland never even gave him a chance!!

For some strange reason, it's like people (coaches and fans) expect him to be some kind of superhero.  I don't get it.

Bruh, he was in the NFL 7 years when he got traded to Cleveland. If he wasn't good by then, he never will be. Ya he was a 4 year backup before coming to buff, but cmon. 7 years