Will we see a Tyrod - Roman pairing again?

Why will it happen?

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

Why will it not happen?

Anthony Lynn is also a big Tyrod fan - so it is possible Tyrod burnt some bridges with Roman by embracing Lynn after the former's firing.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why will it happen?

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

This totally makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why would anyone?

Since you asked?

stealing from a fellow poster

1. Some maybe wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back as JA's backup.

2. Maybe to reinforce the fact that the Bills should have asked for more compensation in the trade with Browns since it will be proof that he is not widely regarded as useless.

3. Maybe I (or others on this board) am (are) interning as a junior capologist with the Ravens and it is a good idea to run this by yall first before presenting it to my (their) GM

4. Bored

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Tyrod I think ends up in Washington, Baltimore, Seattle, SD, Oak, Denver, Mia, or Jax.  

Potential to compete to start, at least for one year:  Was, Mia, Jax or possibly Oak (ONLY if they traded Carr like some think they may try to do)

All these teams are in transition at QB, could go with rookies and need a vet like Cleveland did last year.  Oak, I think they may try and trade Carr and that could be to Giants, Mia, or Jax too...and if they do, then they are obviously drafting a QB then look at signing a veteran guy like TT the way Cleveland did last year, especially if they drafted Murray.

Certain backup:  Balt, Sea, SD, Denver, Oak.

Similar styles in terms of his ability to run and lead a similar offense in Balt and Seattle.  Although, Balt has (or had, not sure of his contract situation) RG3, so there may not be a need there.  Seattle I don't think has a good backup, and Tyrod could be a guy that run the type of offense they run if Wilson got hurt and they even considered Kap at one point.  SD has the Lynn connection and they dont have anything behind an older Rivers right now that can help them compete if Rivers misses a little time.    

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod

Or he didn't think much of Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

I wonder if Tyrod has come to grips that he's a backup?

He's gonna be like Fitz: a backup who gets starting gigs as the bridge QB on several different teams.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

Has fitz yet? I don’t see any reason for these guys to surrender anything until they no longer have a team willing to pay them. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Has fitz yet? I don’t see any reason for these guys to surrender anything until they no longer have a team willing to pay them. 

At least Fitz aint chicken. Fitz will grip-it-n-rip-it. Id rather have Fitz than Tyrod any day.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

He's gonna be like Fitz: a backup who gets starting gigs as the bridge QB on several different teams.

With Kase Keenum on the market (soon to be) I don't think Tyrod gets a whiff from anybody for starting this year. He's just awful. He's a good runner, but about the worst, most gutless passer I've ever had the displeasure of watching next to EJ Manuel. 

49 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Since you asked?

stealing from a fellow poster

1. Some maybe wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back as JA's backup.

2. Maybe to reinforce the fact that the Bills should have asked for more compensation in the trade with Browns since it will be proof that he is not widely regarded as useless.

3. Maybe I (or others on this board) am (are) interning as a junior capologist with the Ravens and it is a good idea to run this by yall first before presenting it to my (their) GM

4. Bored

Of these choices, the only logical one is #4.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

Tyrods presence in the pro bowl confirms that the pro bowl is NOT an all star game but instead a “who can we get” game. 

Look how many good QBs won’t go.