Round 4, Pick No. 125: Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas

Round 5, Pick No. 137: Terry McLaurin, WR Ohio State

Round 5, Pick No. 148: Blace Brown, CB Troy

Round 6,  Pick No. 168: Darwin Thompson, RB Utah State

Round 7,  Pick No. 203: Ben Banogu, EDGE TCU

Round 7, Pick No. 206: Qadree Ollison, RB Pitt

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If McLaurin is available in the 5th I, at least, would be surprised.  Mr. McLaurin blew up the Senior Bowl, if I remember correctly.  

This draft seem to put the emphasis on the correct areas, while one could argue specifics it has a solid theme and apparent execution of that theme.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Which is what th draft isn't for....

That's not true. 

The draft is for filling needs within the context of not over-drafting any one position based on need. BPA vs. Need is a stupid conversation because both get you in trouble.

BPA = CJ Spiller and trading Marshawn Lynch. 

Need = Christian Ponder as a top ten draft pick. 

Just now, CNYfan said:

If McLaurin is available in the 5th I, at least, would be surprised.  Mr. McLaurin blew up the Senior Bowl, if I remember correctly.  

This draft seem to put the emphasis on the correct areas, while one could argue specifics it has a solid theme and apparent execution of that theme.

I thought the same thing... The only thing that could drop him that low would be a showing at the Combine that shows he isn't physically gifted. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I dont hate it, but I think we can do better at both WR and TE than this. Our whole draft will be determined by what we do in FA on the o-line.

I like Nauta, but don't know if he is a game changer with the upside of some of the other TE's in this draft. May be a reach at that spot in the 3rd.

He is solid, and I think he will be a dependable blocking and possession-type NFL starter, just don't see him getting separation or high-pointing passes on seem routes.

IMO he projects more as the kind of guy that finds soft spots in zones and sits on those.

From what I saw of his games he has dependable hands and decent blocking...needs as much work as most TE's coming out.

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

He did, but typically that will not move someone up that significantly. Draft grades are already established for teams prior to the SR Bowl and the 5th rd was probably just right for him, if not a bit on the high side. Kiper said he thought he launched himself into round 2 - i just don’t believe that. I do think he will run fast at the combine but at the end of the day all of this post-season/pre-draft stuff had to line up with the tape. And I think he has good tape but not “dominant” tape as a WR. He lacks short area explosiveness though he is fast. Hes a great route runner and has solid hands but his size is very average. His ceiling is probably a #2-3 WR and usually those guys aren’t drafted high. He’s a dominant ST player which helps but i still think he’s a mid rounder looking at the rest of the class.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

I'd be cool with this draft.

Hadn't really looked at Isaac Nauta much until now, but he looks like a stud. Really underutlized in GA's passing game.

So why under utilized?  Not skilled, poor coaching, other?

I wonder what changes in the NFL if not outstanding in college.

Edited by Just Joshin'

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Very underwhelming - will be a little disappointed with that draft. Arcega-Whiteside and Nauta appear to be reaches at this point - but I have gone more by experts' draft round grades and havent really seen their actual film or stats. 

In some strange way, I see this as positive reinforcement for these picks..

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

In some strange way, I see this as positive reinforcement for these picks..

It would only be positive reinforcement if "this expert" has actually watched the film. But I doubt it since it is a full 7 round mock and it is unlikely he has watched that much film at this stage. It is still early even for a 3-round mock, let alone a 7-round. 

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It would only be positive reinforcement if "this expert" has actually watched the film. But I doubt it since it is a full 7 round mock and it is unlikely he has watched that much film at this stage. It is still early even for a 3-round mock, let alone a 7-round. 

I like mocks because they are discussion points for various players that the draft guys could see going to the Bills. It’s not expected to be a prediction. I watch a ton of CFB but I’ve never seen a guy like the RB from Utah state or the TE from UGA, it’s a launching pad for some to look into them further.  This guy does watch film,  but again it’s not a prediction of any kind. It’s labeled “pre-combine” and will have several iterations by April. He’s just taking a stab at some players who might fit the needs and scheme of the Bills, according to which rounds they are projected. 

Not to be taken seriously, just discussion points 

• Like (+1) 1