Ravens trading Joe Flacco to Broncos

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Flacco is a damn good QB. Not flash, not great but good. You can not like him but he's better than what Denver's had. 

I personally think he needed a fresh start with better offensive players. Baltimore is a D first team, why else would they trade a QB that can actually throw the ball for one that's quite possibly worse than RG3 and Kaepernick together?

this is so false.... the guy has been the definition of average since his run to the title and that's being nice.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

12 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

This will probably start a flurry of moves

Yes it will.  Next question is "Which team will want to try Keenum".  A pick and 18 million for 2019, DEN eats 3 million.

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the Broncos owe zero guaranteed money to flacco, QB will still be in play for them at the drafy

They will have Flacco with 0 guaranteed.  Your draft statement is still sound.

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So they go from Keenum to Flacco.. Keep spinning those wheels Elway.  

How is this different fro something that Seattle has done? They too were bringing in anyone to try and find the guy. They just got lucky with Wilson. You have to evaluate and keep trying. I would expect our FO to do the same if we had many of the pieces together.

And how many of the receivers Flacco has played with were awesome. I don't remember many, maybe an old steve smith  and one other guy? A new start might just be what Flacco needs.

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Flacco is a damn good QB. Not flash, not great but good. You can not like him but he's better than what Denver's had. 

I personally think he needed a fresh start with better offensive players. Baltimore is a D first team, why else would they trade a QB that can actually throw the ball for one that's quite possibly worse than RG3 and Kaepernick together?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

How is this different fro something that Seattle has done? They too were bringing in anyone to try and find the guy. They just got lucky with Wilson. You have to evaluate and keep trying. I would expect our FO to do the same if we had many of the pieces together.

And how many of the receivers Flacco has played with were awesome. I don't remember many, maybe an old steve smith  and one other guy? A new start might just be what Flacco needs.

Denver isn’t exactly loaded at WR either 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is so false.... the guy has been the definition of average since his run to the title and that's being nice.

hmm, didn't know opinions could be true of false. interesting. 

On a side not, I disagree with you. I think he's been a good QB. 

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Unless Flacco gives up a bunch of money, I don't see why Denver restructures.  I also don't think it rules them out from drafting a QB this year.  They can cut Flacco at any point in the next 3 years and owe nothing with no dead cap.

I imagine that's the only way a restructure happens; Flacco agrees to take less money while Denver agrees to guarantee a decent amount of it. Flacco must know after this trade that if he doesn't restructure, he simply won't see the end of the deal.

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

hmm, didn't know opinions could be true of false. interesting. 

On a side not, I disagree with you. I think he's been a good QB. 

everyone is entitled to an opinion... that doesn't mean its right or a good one. literally everything from win/loss records to his numbers state the opposite of what you are saying.

why do people always fall back on that? …. "well its my opinion. it cant be wrong" 

my prediction is this gets the broncos absolutely nowhere. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

28 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Flacco is the poster boy of mediocre QBs. Elway is just throwing crap at the wall.

If Flacco doesn’t work out, Chuckie and the Raiders will take him off the Broncos’ hands.  ?  Probably at a net gain for Denver.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

And? If we're going off just numbers, Taylor had a great year in 2016 playing for buffalo ranking him at #9 in QBR - guess that means Taylor is a top 10 guy in your books because numbers matter. 

Flacco is a mystery to me. I think he had one of the best playoff and super bowl performances ever, he was so amazing as a passer in that playoff/super bowl run. I don't know why his numbers took such a dive, I still think if you put talent around Flacco that he could be a top 10 QB. If the Broncos can just make it to the playoffs they should be ok, Flacco seems to flick a switch in the playoffs and is just deadly accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Flacco is a mystery to me. I think he had one of the best playoff and super bowl performances ever, he was so amazing as a passer in that playoff/super bowl run. I don't know why his numbers took such a dive, I still think if you put talent around Flacco that he could be a top 10 QB. If the Broncos can just make it to the playoffs they should be ok, Flacco seems to flick a switch in the playoffs and is just deadly accurate. 

I agree. He's got a lot of talent and just needs some help around him and a coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

To be fair, he had a couple of throw it up and pray plays that saved their playoff run.  Few very low percentage plays at end of games that went their way.