Ravens trading Joe Flacco to Broncos

YoloinOhio

There is absolutely zero reason whatsoever why this should impact their desire / need to draft a QB early....well, except for Elway's ego thinking he can get by with such a bad QB because he is just so much smarter than everyone (in his mind at least).

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Why should he?  The last time he brought in a veteran he won 2 AFC championships including winning Super Bowl 50.  

Are you really comparing Peyton and Flacco?  Please tell me this is sarcasm and i just missed it.

20 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

One less team moving up for a QB? 

I thought they might draft his successor, but he’s “only” 34 (after his recent January birthday). Seems like he should be older than that. That’s the new 28. 

Edited by Augie

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow!  I'd say solid move for Denver.  Wonder what the price is.

A forth round pick. 

Crazy, and the downfall of the Ravens begins today. Horrible move for them and puzzling for Denver. 

Keenum should have stayed with the Vikings last year that was a stupid move. Cousins is a bad fit there. 

Denver got a damn good QB but will they keep him? Seems like a QB carousel there.

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

A forth round pick. 

Crazy, and the downfall of the Ravens begins today. Horrible move for them and puzzling for Denver. 

Keenum should have stayed with the Vikings last year that was a stupid move. Cousins is a bad fit there. 

Denver got a damn good QB but will they keep him? Seems like a QB carousel there.

Who else did they get in this trade or are you referring to another move?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So they go from Keenum to Flacco.. Keep spinning those wheels Elway.  

Elway gave up a pick for the right to pay Flacco $20 mill a year, a guy that Baltimore was happy to get rid of and was recently benched for a run-first rookie. And they were the only bidder likely.

Very surprising move. Wonder what the price was. At this point, Baltimore was likely just happy to get rid of his contract. The smart strategy for the Broncos was to draft a rookie this year or next (actually draft one last year when they had a top 5 pick). But Flacco being there does not help with either. Drafting a QB high to sit behind Flacco only hurts the rookie's development and clearly they wont be tanking with Flacco  to get a shot at Tua. It is a short term strategy that will keep em in cap hell.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Who else did they get in this trade or are you referring to another move?

Flacco is a damn good QB. Not flash, not great but good. You can not like him but he's better than what Denver's had. 

I personally think he needed a fresh start with better offensive players. Baltimore is a D first team, why else would they trade a QB that can actually throw the ball for one that's quite possibly worse than RG3 and Kaepernick together?