YoloinOhio

Ravens trading Joe Flacco to Broncos

Wow!  I'd say solid move for Denver.  Wonder what the price is.

• Like (+1) 3

Not the first team that came to mind when I thought about trade destinations for Flacco. 

Wonder what happens with Keenum?  Does he have any trade value, or will he just be cut? 

Hopefully they are still in the market for a long term QB so they will still want to move up in the draft.

Edited by Leonhart2017

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

No need for QB needy teams to worry about jumping Denver in the draft anymore..

Yeah my thoughts exactly...this blows

Tough break for Denver. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off for drafting a QB still; Flacco is a bad starter at this point and surely they don't view him as the long-term guy there. Elway has been pretty aggressive about taking QBs in the past.

• Like (+1) 2

It's an interesting move but I wonder what their direction is going to be. I guess they are going to try to win now. They certainly have the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have been saying "Denver isn't going Quarterback in the 1st".

I think they do like Drew Lock a lot, I just don't think they value him as a 1st round player. I think they might end up picking him in the 2nd round.

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Tough break for Denver. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off for drafting a QB still; Flacco is a bad starter at this point and surely they don't view him as the long-term guy there. Elway has been pretty aggressive about taking QBs in the past.

Pretty aggressive and very wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is so Elway. He has no clue how to draft and develop a QB.

Why should he?  The last time he brought in a veteran he won 2 AFC championships including winning Super Bowl 50.  

Watching NFL TV, Ian Rappaport says around a 4th for Flacco.  Will work out a new contract with Denver.  He's questioning what they'll do with Keenum.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Flacco is the poster boy of mediocre QBs. Elway is just throwing crap at the wall.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow!  I'd say solid move for Denver.  Wonder what the price is.

Better than Keenum for sure.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I have been saying "Denver isn't going Quarterback in the 1st".

I think they do like Drew Lock a lot, I just don't think they value him as a 1st round player. I think they might end up picking him in the 2nd round.

Pretty aggressive and very wrong.

Correct, but we don't really care if they get it wrong; we just care if they're willing to take another QB at 10. I don't think this trade prevents that from happening.

• Like (+1) 1

They reportedly love Drew Lock, I don’t think this rules them out from still taking him 

• Like (+1) 2

If the race to the Lombardi is fueled by collecting recycled QBs, Denver is kicking ass baby.

• Haha (+1) 3

There is absolutely zero reason whatsoever why this should impact their desire / need to draft a QB early....well, except for Elway's ego thinking he can get by with such a bad QB because he is just so much smarter than everyone (in his mind at least).

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Why should he?  The last time he brought in a veteran he won 2 AFC championships including winning Super Bowl 50.  

Are you really comparing Peyton and Flacco?  Please tell me this is sarcasm and i just missed it.