Marcel Dareus’ contract.

Tipster19

50 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah there were a few miscreants but with great work ethics something Marcel never had, imo.  You miss a bus for a game you are out the door in New England.

be 5 minutes late in a BLIZZARD and you get benched.

But PED's and super secret treatments at TB12  are OK  

I liked Dareus  but the man was too dumb to remember when the annual drug screenings were scheduled.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

be 5 minutes late in a BLIZZARD and you get benched.

But PED's and super secret treatments at TB12  are OK  

I liked Dareus  but the man was too dumb to remember when the annual drug screenings were scheduled.  

Dont forget the drops and Satanic riruals.  They probably sacrifice ball boys.

I think Darius is one of those naturally gifted athletes that coaches will always struggle to motivate.

You see recruits like these all the time, that is why good talent evaluators have to look under the hood at a kid's work habits and motivation

If a prospect is on the radar he has skills that stand out, but does he love the game, does he work at taking his skills to the next level, or is he someone who struggles with complacency or disciplining himself.

Darius' measurables coming out of Bama were exceptional for a defensive tackle, and he was productive for the Bills, but I don't know if he will ever conquer the habits he has acquired that have made his ability to compete at a high level slide as they have.

Spending his formative years playing under Club Rex did not exactly instill the habits he needed.

Edited by WideNine

It’s hilarious how people remember thjngs

1). For the comments about his weight.  I guarantee he is way more athletic than most of the posters making fun of him

2). Guess why his contract was so big?  Because he was awesome.  2nd team all pro good.  Through 4 years, Dareus has 28.5 sacks.  Warren Sapp had 29.5.  

3) Rex ryan’s System did suck and he ruined one of the best defenses in the nfl.

dareus made a ton of mistakes.  But constant coaching change, losing (he competed for titles in college), and a ton of death in his family played a part.  I do agree that it’s a shame how his career went because he had HOF talent.  

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s hilarious how people remember thjngs

1). For the comments about his weight.  I guarantee he is way more athletic than most of the posters making fun of him

2). Guess why his contract was so big?  Because he was awesome.  2nd team all pro good.  Through 4 years, Dareus has 28.5 sacks.  Warren Sapp had 29.5.  

3) Rex ryan’s System did suck and he ruined one of the best defenses in the nfl.

dareus made a ton of mistakes.  But constant coaching change, losing (he competed for titles in college), and a ton of death in his family played a part.  I do agree that it’s a shame how his career went because he had HOF talent.  

i loved dareus, but the guy is lazy.  there's no reason to make excuses for him.  he got paid, he was mentally done, and now he's moving to burden status.  fat.

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

As I read it there are 3 possible reasons you would post this.

1. You are wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back since it's a position of need. 

If so, hell no!

2. Maybe you want to reinforce the fact that the Bills did the right thing by releasing him and giving props to the front office.

If so, yes kudos are well deserved.

3. You are interning as a junior cap-ologist with the Jags and want to run this by us first before you present it to their GM. 

If so, Congrats on the new position and yes, CUT HIS LAZY ARSE!! 

Love the analysis of someone giving an analysis- must be the off season.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great chance he will he cut. Where will he end up? Philly maybe (Schwartz) on a one year deal. 

If ever there was a guy who needed nothing but one year deals, here’s your guy! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

Why stay? Team was supposed to be an AFC contender and went 5-11.  Malik Jackson may be a cap casualty as well unless they extend him and spread his cap hit out.  They went all in and are now somehow over the cap with no QB, no WRs, a mediocre Oline (largely injury related in 2018), a top picked RB who may not even be very good... They didn't even pay their best player yet!

Jax will need to cut their losses in 2019 to get set up for the future.  They're going to have to pay Ramsay, Jack, and Ngakoue if they want to maintain a strong defense.  Just a mess...

I feel like I remember Jacksonville having like 70+ mil in cap like 3 or 4 years ago... mismanagement of epic proportions lol 

4 hours ago, teef said:

i loved dareus, but the guy is lazy.  there's no reason to make excuses for him.  he got paid, he was mentally done, and now he's moving to burden status.  fat.

He's lazy........but still quite good.

He was outstanding in McD's scheme before they traded him.......he was stacking em up and shedding and just flat out making it hard for teams to run on the Bills...........and he basically flipped the Jags run D from one of the worst to one of the best upon arrival.  

As disappointing as he has been he is still a lot better player than the grossly overpaid Star Lotulelei.........who scares exactly ZERO DC's or O lineman and couldn't get off of a block to make a tackle to save his life last season...........he fell off a cliff production-wise last year and it wasn't like he was changing schemes.   And again......he's costing the Bills $10M+ for each of the next two seasons until they have a reasonable "out" in his contract.

If Dareus was in McBeane's salary cap frying pan........Star is ? they flopped into.

Oh well.......it's only money.

Wouldn't be surprising to see Star being a healthy scratch often next year............and even though he was a late 3rd round pick it would be disappointing if Harrison Phillips couldn't provide more than what Star did.    This ain't some ancient 3/4 D employing an immovable 400# NT.......there are plays to be made for the zeroT DT in this defense.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

I feel like I remember Jacksonville having like 70+ mil in cap like 3 or 4 years ago... mismanagement of epic proportions lol 

...good call bud....remember all the kickin' and screamin' about bringing in Coughlin as the "OBD Czar"?.......he's been either a czarina or mail order Russian bride.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good call bud....remember all the kickin' and screamin' about bringing in Coughlin as the "OBD Czar"?.......he's been either a czarina or mail order Russian bride.....

They had already made most of those huge FA signings before Marrone/Coughlin were in the roles they are now.

Jacksonville's problem is that they tanked for too long(5 years, and not by design) and ended up with a tremendously star laden roster but no stud QB and a very small window before they had to re-arrange the roster.

Still going to have some cornerstone studs on that roster when it's all said and done though.

And gotta' give them credit........they slapped the Steelers silly and had the Pats on the ropes in Foxboro in the AFC title game......and if they'd have won that who knows..........maybe they get a one-off Lombardi like Gruden's Tampa Bay Bucs or Harbaugh's Ravens.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They had already made most of those huge FA signings before Marrone/Coughlin were in the roles they are now.

Jacksonville's problem is that they tanked for too long(5 years, and not by design) and ended up with a tremendously star laden roster but no stud QB and a very small window before they had to re-arrange the roster.

Still going to have some cornerstone studs on that roster when it's all said and done though.

And gotta' give them credit........they slapped the Steelers silly and had the Pats on the ropes in Foxboro in the AFC title game......and if they'd have won that who knows..........maybe they get a one-off Lombardi like Gruden's Tampa Bay Bucs or Harbaugh's Ravens.

...highly touted and then the wheels fell off...what happened?......

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was outstanding in McD's scheme before they traded him.......he was stacking em up and shedding and just flat out making it hard for teams to run on the Bills...........and he basically flipped the Jags run D from one of the worst to one of the best upon arrival.  

As disappointing as he has been he is still a lot better player than the grossly overpaid Star Lotulelei.........who scares exactly ZERO DC's or O lineman and couldn't get off of a block to make a tackle to save his life last season...........he fell off a cliff production-wise last year and it wasn't like he was changing schemes.   And again......he's costing the Bills $10M+ for each of the next two seasons until they have a reasonable "out" in his contract.

If Dareus was in McBeane's salary cap frying pan........Star is ? they flopped into.

Wouldn't be surprising to see Star being a healthy scratch often next year............and even though he was a late 3rd round pick it would be disappointing if Harrison Phillips couldn't provide more than what Star did.    This ain't some ancient 3/4 D employing an immovable 400# NT.......there are plays to be made for the zeroT DT in this defense.   

Did i mention he was fat?

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That was my take with Star.

I know folks talk about how he occupied blockers, but there is a difference between occupying blockers and being hermetically sealed to them.

I kept thinking, can't you at least fall into the path of one of those runs. He gets steered out of the play. Hoping we see more from him or get someone who can actually push or collapse the pocket from the other DT position.

With the way NE and other team ran at will against the Bills I would think getting a Defensive Tackle that can play on the other side of the LOS and maybe have a few tackles for a loss would be a value pick at 9. If QB's can't step into a clean pocket then maybe Hughes and Murphy pick up some more sacks.

• Like (+1) 3