Marcel Dareus’ contract.

Tipster19

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledInIllinois and Marcel are kindred spirits....love the water.

Image result for marcell dareus captains hat

"I'm stuck in your craw, @BringBackFergy , and you can't spit me out! You hear me now! You mentioned my name and mocked me for the last time and I give you warnin'. You mention me once more and have these pesky notifications warn me that you are invoking my good name and this Board's gonna run red with blood 'til there ain't one of us left!"

??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

As I read it there are 3 possible reasons you would post this.

1. You are wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back since it's a position of need. 

If so, hell no!

2. Maybe you want to reinforce the fact that the Bills did the right thing by releasing him and giving props to the front office.

If so, yes kudos are well deserved.

3. You are interning as a junior cap-ologist with the Jags and want to run this by us first before you present it to their GM. 

If so, Congrats on the new position and yes, CUT HIS LAZY ARSE!! 

I'm interested in what happens to players after they leave the Bills, so I thought the post was interesting. 

53 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Why stay? Team was supposed to be an AFC contender and went 5-11.  Malik Jackson may be a cap casualty as well unless they extend him and spread his cap hit out.  They went all in and are now somehow over the cap with no QB, no WRs, a mediocre Oline (largely injury related in 2018), a top picked RB who may not even be very good... They didn't even pay their best player yet!

Jax will need to cut their losses in 2019 to get set up for the future.  They're going to have to pay Ramsay, Jack, and Ngakoue if they want to maintain a strong defense.  Just a mess...

But they hired a Football Czar to run the operation and right the ship?

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

But they hired a Football Czar to run the operation and right the ship?

Who's first order of business was to what - extend blake bortles with the worst contract ever? ?

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Or LA Rams returning to All-Pro form after getting his head out of his ass and making Bills Mafia hate him even more.

Since he's a cap casualty look at teams that are trying to preserve comp picks.  It's a deep draft for d-line though so I would guess his agent suggests he try and get a job quickly before he loses the game of musical chairs.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Marcel Dareus, he is the polar opposite of the 'New England Way".

Personally i would love to see them sign him just to watch the reaction here.

Convicted Murderers, Convicted Drug dealers Oxy and Pot, liars and cheaters.

Marcel doesn't fit?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Who's first order of business was to what - extend blake bortles with the worst contract ever? ?

Since he's a cap casualty look at teams that are trying to preserve comp picks.  It's a deep draft for d-line though so I would guess his agent suggests he try and get a job quickly before he loses the game of musical chairs.

Id say kick the tires but I think all 4 are flat.  Hes great at eating up blocks but we have one of those and he seems to have gotten too fat to rush the passer.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They probably should've been in the Super Bowl last year. 

Unfortunately for them Bortles just hasn't progressed enough and now they are going into a slight rebuild/retool.

With a decent QB they could be very good and turn things around quickly.

But that's not Bortles, they guy they extended while thinking they needed more time to evaluate him........

And because of his extension, they need to make some tough cuts to get under the cap.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They probably should've been in the Super Bowl last year. 

Unfortunately for them Bortles just hasn't progressed enough and now they are going into a slight rebuild/retool.

The Jags are, in a word, f***ed.  If Coughlin or Marrone think a "slight rebuild/retool" is all they need they should look at their roster on the offensive side of the ball.

The Jags make the Bills look like an offensive juggernaut.  They spent five years of sucking to build (and waste) that defense,  and they're only about five skill position players away from having an average offense.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Id say kick the tires but I think all 4 are flat.  Hes great at eating up blocks but we have one of those and he seems to have gotten too fat to rush the passer.

I have 0 interest in this guy.  He essentially complained about usage with every coach we had and the current regime dumped him for cap space for 2019.  We shouldn't use said cap space to bring him back.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah there were a few miscreants but with great work ethics something Marcel never had, imo.  You miss a bus for a game you are out the door in New England.

They brought in josh Gordon. Wait... they gave up a 5th Rd pick for Josh Gordon! They couldn’t “Pats way” him in the end but  I think they would definitely try it again with Dareus if he was cheap labor. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, T master said:

It's amazing what a $96 million dollar contract will do to a persons motivation after they sign on the dotted line !! 

I never thought anyone could come close to it, but Dareus is in Haynesworth territory now. He's not THAT close mind you, Haynesworth tanked his career so deliberately and publicly he set the highest of bars. Not even Dareus or most great players could be Haynesworth level if they tried their hardest. It was the perfect storm of Dan Snyder ineptitude, Haynseworth apparent talent, and his strong desire to never make even the most remote attempt of effort on the football field (which is pretty hard, sometimes you instinctually do something good).

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1