Marcel Dareus’ contract.

Tipster19

I was looking at some of the teams that might make some signicant cuts to save on the salary cap. Jacksonville looks to be -6M+ if I’m reading it right. Anyways when I looked Dareus’ contract he’s due a 2M roster bonus come 3/15. If they were to release him before it would be zero in dead cap and have a 10.585M in cap savings. If that’s all accurate I wouldn’t be too shocked if Jacksonville did indeed give him the boot.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/marcell-dareus-7718/

• Like (+1) 3

As I read it there are 3 possible reasons you would post this.

1. You are wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back since it's a position of need. 

If so, hell no!

2. Maybe you want to reinforce the fact that the Bills did the right thing by releasing him and giving props to the front office.

If so, yes kudos are well deserved.

3. You are interning as a junior cap-ologist with the Jags and want to run this by us first before you present it to their GM. 

If so, Congrats on the new position and yes, CUT HIS LAZY ARSE!! 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

As I read it there are 3 possible reasons you would post this.

1. You are wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back since it's a position of need. 

If so, hell no!

2. Maybe you want to reinforce the fact that the Bills did the right thing by releasing him and giving props to the front office.

If so, yes kudos are well deserved.

3. You are interning as a junior cap-ologist with the Jags and want to run this by us first before you present it to their GM. 

If so, Congrats on the new position and yes, CUT HIS LAZY ARSE!! 

(in my best Yoda voice)... Read peoples minds you do. Hm Hm

I'd say your analysts is spot on tho. 

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great chance he will he cut. Where will he end up? Philly maybe (Schwartz) on a one year deal. 

Good call. I can see NE too. Maybe LA?

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

What a shame because he had every bit of strength and talent that he needed to be great. :( 

His career ain’t over yet, Bill.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of course. Hope they don’t remember this though

I think that’s meaningless,p. Players want to win.

20 minutes ago, QCity said:

I said this before the season started. Unless he agrees to some insane restructure he's as good as gone. 

Why stay? Team was supposed to be an AFC contender and went 5-11.  Malik Jackson may be a cap casualty as well unless they extend him and spread his cap hit out.  They went all in and are now somehow over the cap with no QB, no WRs, a mediocre Oline (largely injury related in 2018), a top picked RB who may not even be very good... They didn't even pay their best player yet!

Jax will need to cut their losses in 2019 to get set up for the future.  They're going to have to pay Ramsay, Jack, and Ngakoue if they want to maintain a strong defense.  Just a mess...

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good call. I can see NE too. Maybe LA?

His career ain’t over yet, Bill.

I think that’s meaningless,p. Players want to win.

Oh I know, it was just a joke. I think his actual quote by the way was “ don’t nobody like the Patriots” 

• Like (+1) 1