Is the Bills Culture Strong Enough to Sign a Polarizing Star?

dezertbill

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Players understand getting cut because the play has fell off or they make too much.  

This is not that type of cut.  This is a whole different category.  Its a player getting replaced by the dude who banged his wife.  That's a unique brand of disloyalty that people pay attention to.  That would have an entirely different reaction than Shady getting cut because he is getting old and his play has fallen off.  

That secondary is full of Poyer's friends.  Follow them on instagram and youll see. They will notice if the Bills drop him for a dude that banged his wife. 

I think you’re overreacting to how the locker room would feel.  If we kept Poyer AND added brown after Poyer had told became that he doesn’t want to play with brown, THEN there’s reason for beef.  If you play it right, it can be done with minimum damage.

Ill remind you, its the best wr in the league and WR is one of our biggest problems.  

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think you’re overreacting to how the locker room would feel.  If we kept Poyer AND added brown after Poyer had told became that he doesn’t want to play with brown, THEN there’s reason for beef.  If you play it right, it can be done with minimum damage.

Ill remind you, its the best wr in the league and WR is one of our biggest problems.  

I closest I can come is a dude in my fraternity whose girlfriend cheated on him.  In a weird twist of fate he was friends with the younger guys.  The kid wanted to pledge.  Not only did the kid not get a bid (invitation), the older dudes were pissed that it was even suggested.  Poyer would care.  Poyer's boys would care. 

Its not Madden.  You can't just add a guy and all of a sudden the value of the team goes up.  Chemistry and culture are real.  Brown would destroy whatever there is in the locker room. This team doesn't get better with Brown in the locker room.  

I know you think I'm over reaching, but the dude slept with Poyer's wife the night before his wedding.  If that happened to you, would you want that dude to be in the same locker room with you every day?  Do you think you would stay quiet about it? Do you think your boys wouldn't have your back? 

23 minutes ago, teef said:

my understanding is that he gave eddie yarbrough's wife a chicago hot plate.  ***** is about to go down.

clubhouse dissing over plane ticket reimbursement can lead to a shattered jaw though

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

clubhouse dissing over plane ticket reimbursement can lead to a shattered jaw though

it sure can.  there's another great story about bill romanoski ripping a guys chain off his neck and choking him because he used the locker room microwave at the same time.  

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

Howwww is this something that people follow ?

TMI haha. All I needed to know was AB banged Poyer's wife.

52 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Players understand getting cut because the play has fell off or they make too much.  

This is not that type of cut.  This is a whole different category.  Its a player getting replaced by the dude who banged his wife.  That's a unique brand of disloyalty that people pay attention to.  That would have an entirely different reaction than Shady getting cut because he is getting old and his play has fallen off.  

That secondary is full of Poyer's friends.  Follow them on instagram and youll see. They will notice if the Bills drop him for a dude that banged his wife. 

Poyer's like.. one of my top 3-5 favorite players. Ain't doing him like that.

The team loves him too. That secondary is a tight group and that's a great thing.

So no to AB.. I'd take Bell, but I don't even find him polarizing. He held out for a contract. It happens. As far as I can tell he's a fine teammate provided he gets what he's looking for in the FA market. I think people have wildly different opinions on what makes polarizing. Some say Cam polarizing?? He celebrates a lot and was upset after losing the superbowl.. we're really narrowing our players to like a quarter of the NFL talent pool by that definition.

I can literally only think of a handful of players that fit the AB bill of polarizing right now in the NFL. 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Absolutely nothing, but Jordan made it seem like it was a bad thing.... 

Too much is made of this and I think it is more the stigma of losing in general and losing our Super Bowls in particular.

I have been to Green Bay WI, it's no great shakes...especially in the Winter. 2 hours from Milwaukee, and about 5 hrs from Chicago, but you don't hear the players complaining.

If someone is looking for International culture its 2 hours on the QEW to Toronto, or I guess you can stay inside and make babies...tough call.

1 hour ago, teef said:

it sure can.  there's another great story about bill romanoski ripping a guys chain off his neck and choking him because he used the locker room microwave at the same time.  

but apparently adultery is no biggie

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hockey is different.  NFL players don't care who is sleeping with whom.

It took 5 minutes to look up.  Poyer has cheated on his previous fiancée with his current wife and now on his current wife with some Buff coed.

LOL I actually had "Fifth, Poyer is not among the best players on the team unless you consider every player a best player", but I erased it!

Scroll up, chief.  This was already covered.  Poyer, individually, has nothing to do with "team chemistry" (but winning sure does!).  You think a guy like McCoy gives two craps who Poyer's current wife slept with before she married Poyer?  This is a job.  They are entertainers.  They show up to work, practice, execute, maybe bust each other's balls in the locker room. 

Now, if you were clever enough to instead make the argument that the Bills players would not want a guy like AB because he QUIT on the Steelers...well then you would be making at least a cogent argument. 

But, alas, you aren't making that argument.  Instead you are sticking with this really naïve assumption that these are all men of honor and that adding a guy who slept with a team mates future wife (this team mate who has slept with everyone else, it seems) would cause some sort of revolt against team management......well that's just "one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on a message board."

Then get rid of Poyer if he can't deal with it.  He's easily the most expendable member of this defensive backfield. 

It may be a job, but many of these guys become friends too. Would you be cool if one of your friends was cheated on and the person who they cheated with is being added to your group of friends? 

And theres an even better chance that teammates are not going to be supportive of a teammate losing his job because the team brings in someone who slept with his wife.

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Too much is made of this and I think it is more the stigma of losing in general and losing our Super Bowls in particular.

I have been to Green Bay WI, it's no great shakes...especially in the Winter. 2 hours from Milwaukee, and about 5 hrs from Chicago, but you don't hear the players complaining.

If someone is looking for International culture its 2 hours on the QEW to Toronto, or I guess you can stay inside and make babies...tough call.

But it's the NFL, like 50% of the league have pasts that wont allow them to cross the border.......

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

In the NHL the team will put a huge beating on the offending teammate.

The Leafs have at least 3 incidents of this that are well known, the last one was hurt so bad he quit in the last month of a playoff season suddenly.

Who was that?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

But it's the NFL, like 50% of the league have pasts that wont allow them to cross the border.......

Such an overrated number.  I bet nfl players get arrested at a lower rate than most citizens.  But the good nfl players don’t make the news because it’s not sexy.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Such an overrated number.  I bet nfl players get arrested at a lower rate than most citizens.  But the good nfl players don’t make the news because it’s not sexy.

Considering we would be comparing millions of people to hundreds of NFL players, that's possible. Bit you do realise that a simple DUI gets you banned from crossing....

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Considering we would be comparing millions of people to hundreds of NFL players, that's possible. Bit you do realise that a simple DUI gets you banned from crossing....

I know.  I just think there’s a lazy narrative about how bad nfl players.  There are a bunch of idiots but the vast majority of good dudes.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Culture is most overrated term in pro sports.  Winning makes culture.  The stupid Pats have the best culture in sports because they have Brady and they still couldn’t keep a teammate from murdering people. 

The Pat's are more of an outlier by being so successful over a long period of time. The team doesnt allow players to get away with things, if you dont follow 'the patriot way' your gone and they will replace you. Players fall in line cause it's usually their best chance to get a ring. But to think that culture is overrated is wrong. How did this season work out for the Steelers? It's why many "all star/dream teams" fail or dont live up to the hype.