Is the Bills Culture Strong Enough to Sign a Polarizing Star?

dezertbill

Anyone that thinks that Poyer and AB would be fine being in the same locker room is wrong. It’s potentially toxic and not a possibility. There is not a chance that both guys are on the roster. 

For some reason people think that these guys wouldn’t care. Would you work with a guy that your wife cheated on you with the day before your wedding? Of course not!! There is a trickle down too. Poyer is VERY close to Tre and Hyde. All of a sudden there are cliques and allegiances and it’s messy. It isn’t happening here. They have worked so hard to build the culture, they aren’t going to light a match to it by adding AB. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone that thinks that Poyer and AB would be fine being in the same locker room is wrong. It’s potentially toxic and not a possibility. There is not a chance that both guys are on the roster. 

For some reason people think that these guys wouldn’t care. Would you work with a guy that your wife cheated on you with the day before your wedding? Of course not!! There is a trickle down too. Poyer is VERY close to Tre and Hyde. All of a sudden there are cliques and allegiances and it’s messy. It isn’t happening here. They have worked so hard to build the culture, they aren’t going to light a match to it by adding AB. 

I consider Mr. WEO and ScottLaw's take to be the dumbest takes I have ever seen on a message board.  

You want to talk about losing a locker room?  How do you think the players would feel knowing that the staff was willing to bring in a guy that slept with your teammates wife?  They would look at the staff and say to themselves that the staff really doesnt care about them as players. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

In the NHL the team will put a huge beating on the offending teammate.

The Leafs have at least 3 incidents of this that are well known, the last one was hurt so bad he quit in the last month of a playoff season suddenly.

Hockey is different.  NFL players don't care who is sleeping with whom.

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

All true.

But I will bet you anything Poyer would care about AB being in the locker room. 

I'm not sure where you are going with this.  Are you saying Poyer wouldn't care?  Or that it wouldn't affect the locker room? 

This is a wild take. 

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Howwww is this something that people follow ?

It took 5 minutes to look up.  Poyer has cheated on his previous fiancée with his current wife and now on his current wife with some Buff coed.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Well first it's outrageous to think Poyer is our "best player". He's far from it.

Secondly WEO summed it up perfectly. That ***** shouldn't hamper them from making a trade.

LOL I actually had "Fifth, Poyer is not among the best players on the team unless you consider every player a best player", but I erased it!

1. I did say not he was our best player.  I said he was one of our best players, which he is.  

2. I gave you an out and you still took what I consider to possibly be one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on this or any other message board.  In what world do you think introducing a guy that is absolutely hated (you would literally be a fool to think he is not hated) by one of your team leaders would not negatively, and in a major way, affect the team chemistry?  

43 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I consider Mr. WEO and ScottLaw's take to be the dumbest takes I have ever seen on a message board.  

You want to talk about losing a locker room?  How do you think the players would feel knowing that the staff was willing to bring in a guy that slept with your teammates wife?  They would look at the staff and say to themselves that the staff really doesnt care about them as players. 

Scroll up, chief.  This was already covered.  Poyer, individually, has nothing to do with "team chemistry" (but winning sure does!).  You think a guy like McCoy gives two craps who Poyer's current wife slept with before she married Poyer?  This is a job.  They are entertainers.  They show up to work, practice, execute, maybe bust each other's balls in the locker room. 

Now, if you were clever enough to instead make the argument that the Bills players would not want a guy like AB because he QUIT on the Steelers...well then you would be making at least a cogent argument. 

But, alas, you aren't making that argument.  Instead you are sticking with this really naïve assumption that these are all men of honor and that adding a guy who slept with a team mates future wife (this team mate who has slept with everyone else, it seems) would cause some sort of revolt against team management......well that's just "one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on a message board."

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then get rid of Poyer if he can't deal with it.  He's easily the most expendable member of this defensive backfield. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hockey is different.  NFL players don't care who is sleeping with whom.

It took 5 minutes to look up.  Poyer has cheated on his previous fiancée with his current wife and now on his current wife with some Buff coed.

LOL I actually had "Fifth, Poyer is not among the best players on the team unless you consider every player a best player", but I erased it!

Scroll up, chief.  This was already covered.  Poyer, individually, has nothing to do with "team chemistry" (but winning sure does!).  You think a guy like McCoy gives two craps who Poyer's current wife slept with before she married Poyer?  This is a job.  They are entertainers.  They show up to work, practice, execute, maybe bust each other's balls in the locker room. 

Now, if you were clever enough to instead make the argument that the Bills players would not want a guy like AB because he QUIT on the Steelers...well then you would be making at least a cogent argument. 

But, alas, you aren't making that argument.  Instead you are sticking with this really naïve assumption that these are all men of honor and that adding a guy who slept with a team mates future wife (this team mate who has slept with everyone else, it seems) would cause some sort of revolt against team management......well that's just "one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on a message board."

I wish from the bottom of my heart you could see my face. My mouth is literally open. I am aghast that anyone could write something like this.  

I consider you the dumbest person I have ever encountered on the internet.  THE INTERNET. I literally took a screenshot of this response to share with a Pats friend of mine. Just so they can see how crazy this message board is. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I wish from the bottom of my heart you could see my face. My mouth is literally open. I am aghast that anyone could write something like this.  

I consider you the dumbest person I have ever encountered on the internet.  THE INTERNET. I literally took a screenshot of this response to share with a Pats friend of mine. Just so they can see how crazy this message board is. 

I'm getting the visual of your flamboyant pearl clutching at this very moment.

Anyway, I wish this was still like the old TSW site, where we could add signature lines.

This one I would proudly add.  Anyone know why Scott took out that design feature for the site?

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

this poster has few mellow middle postings, sometimes we agree and sometimes i can't believe it either, which I'm sure is the same for me as well....

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

this poster has few mellow middle postings, sometimes we agree and sometimes i can't believe it either, which I'm sure is the same for me as well....

Its just, how could anyone think that?  Like how? What wild assortment of life experiences has this guy had that he can think introducing the guy that banged another dude's wife the night before their wedding into the locker room wouldn't cause an absolute melt down?

And then to say that the players would not care about that? But would care he quit on his old team?  How in the world could anyone square those two thoughts?  

19 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its just, how could anyone think that?  Like how? What wild assortment of life experiences has this guy had that he can think introducing the guy that banged another dude's wife the night before their wedding into the locker room wouldn't cause an absolute melt down?

And then to say that the players would not care about that? But would care he quit on his old team?  How in the world could anyone square those two thoughts?  

i noted that the NHL takes it seriously to the point of breaking the bones of the perps, maybe they don't care as much in the NFL...

don't worry about it....

Overreact much?

I do think that Beane would talk to Poyer about it prior to acquiring AB.  If Poyer wants no part of being his teammate and Beane would rather have brown, trade Poyer and picks for brown.  LOTS of safeties available.  I LOVE Poyer, but AB is a franchise changer. Could be for the worse.  Could be for the best.  I’d roll the dice for a couple years.  He’s the type of wr Allen could really use.  If we added him, we could use the rest of our money and picks on OL, TE, Poyers replacement and DT / pass rush (and rb if they want to make a switch from shady)

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Overreact much?

I do think that Beane would talk to Poyer about it prior to acquiring AB.  If Poyer wants no part of being his teammate and Beane would rather have brown, trade Poyer and picks for brown.  LOTS of safeties available.  I LOVE Poyer, but AB is a franchise changer. Could be for the worse.  Could be for the best.  I’d roll the dice for a couple years.  He’s the type of wr Allen could really use.

What does that say to the locker room that Beane would be willing to sell out Poyer like that?  Sure, its a business, but if you want to build a culture, you can't do stuff like that.  Its one thing if a guy can't play any more, this is a whole different thing. 

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What does that say to the locker room that Beane would be willing to sell out Poyer like that?  Sure, its a business, but if you want to build a culture, you can't do stuff like that.  Its one thing if a guy can't play any more, this is a whole different thing. 

It says that this is a business.  Poyer has 1 year left on his cheap contract and plays the most flooded position in the league.  Our WRs suck.  AB is a HoF WR.  Doesn’t take a brain scientist to figure out that it makes sense.  

Theyre talking about waiving or trading shady......what does that say?  Why is that any different?  

We’re not out here talking about a Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews type wr.  This is the best wr in the league 

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It says that this is a business.  Poyer has 1 year left on his cheap contract and plays the most flooded position in the league.  Our WRs suck.  AB is a HoF WR.  Doesn’t take a brain scientist to figure out that it makes sense.  

Theyre talking about waiving or trading shady......what does that say?  Why is that any different?  

We’re not out here talking about a Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews type wr.  This is the best wr in the league 

Players understand getting cut because the play has fell off or they make too much.  

This is not that type of cut.  This is a whole different category.  Its a player getting replaced by the dude who banged his wife.  That's a unique brand of disloyalty that people pay attention to.  That would have an entirely different reaction than Shady getting cut because he is getting old and his play has fallen off.  

That secondary is full of Poyer's friends.  Follow them on instagram and youll see. They will notice if the Bills drop him for a dude that banged his wife. 

• Like (+1) 1