Is the Bills Culture Strong Enough to Sign a Polarizing Star?

dezertbill

No. Too many variables and they haven’t won enough to have set an example for the “new” guys on how it is done. And with Kyle gone veteran leadership took a step back. 

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I think "not ever."  McD preaches his culture and "the team game" philosophy.  "Me first" guys are out the door. I don't see this FO bringing them back in. Judging by the drafts, FA signings and cuts, having 11 guys playing together is infinitely more important than having 1 guy playing for himself, no matter how good he is.  We want stars, not prima donnas and you can't be both here.  They want 52 Kyle Williams if they can get them.

As the great philosopher Jagger says, “you can’t always get what you want”

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The guy slept with one of our best player's wives. I cannot even fathom how AB to the Bills could possibly be on the table for anyone on this message board. 

This is the EXACT answer when it comes to AB. Hunt would have been a different story and apparently the Bills were lurking on that. The Bills will certainly take on the right player (even with some issues). It just won’t be AB.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The guy slept with one of our best player's wives. I cannot even fathom how AB to the Bills could possibly be on the table for anyone on this message board. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the EXACT answer when it comes to AB. Hunt would have been a different story and apparently the Bills were lurking on that. The Bills will certainly take on the right player (even with some issues). It just won’t be AB.

Whoa, what did I miss?  Whose wife?

And I agree, the Bills will pursue the "right" guy even with issues -- Beane said they can't all be choir boys.

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

First, Poyer was engaged to another woman when he cheated on her with his current wife.

Second,  Poyer's wife wasn't his wife (for another day) when AB slept with her.

Third, Poyer just cheated on his wife with some local college student in Buffalo.

Fourth,  all the players in the locker room know all this stuff and could care less about Poyer's home drama. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

First, Poyer was engaged to another woman when he cheated on her with his current wife.

Third, Poyer just cheated on his wife with some local college student in Buffalo.

Fourth,  all the players in the locker room know all this stuff and could care less about Poyer's home drama. 

In the NHL the team will put a huge beating on the offending teammate.

The Leafs have at least 3 incidents of this that are well known, the last one was hurt so bad he quit in the last month of a playoff season suddenly.

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All true.

But I will bet you anything Poyer would care about AB being in the locker room. 

I'm not sure where you are going with this.  Are you saying Poyer wouldn't care?  Or that it wouldn't affect the locker room? 

This is a wild take. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Howwww is this something that people follow ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well first it's outrageous to think Poyer is our "best player". He's far from it.

Secondly WEO summed it up perfectly. That ***** shouldn't hamper them from making a trade.

1. I did say not he was our best player.  I said he was one of our best players, which he is.  

2. I gave you an out and you still took what I consider to possibly be one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on this or any other message board.  In what world do you think introducing a guy that is absolutely hated (you would literally be a fool to think he is not hated) by one of your team leaders would not negatively, and in a major way, affect the team chemistry?  

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands