Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?

Talley56

Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?

• Chiefs
    • Steelers
    • Cowboys
    • Bills
    • Other (Browns, Giants, Dolphins, Jets)

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

sometimes football fans want to talk about a football team

That's fine, but maybe some people come to a Bill's board to read about the Bill's and not the abundance of posts recently for a rival team (not that I really care, I was just pointing out that it is a Bill's board, so complaining about someone having an issue about a topic about another team isnt really valid). And almost any topic can be made into somehow involving the Bill's using multiple degrees of separation... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's fine, but maybe some people come to a Bill's board to read about the Bill's and not the abundance of posts recently for a rival team (not that I really care, I was just pointing out that it is a Bill's board, so complaining about someone having an issue about a topic about another team isnt really valid). And almost any topic can be made into somehow involving the Bill's using multiple degrees of separation... 

chill....

you are a great poster on here....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's the 100th NFL season. They're likely going to go Packers/Bears for Thursday night, and Pats/whomever for Sunday night. Leading contender is the Giants. Not going to be an entertaining SNF game if they do that.

From what I read, it didnt have anything to do with the 100th anniversary of the league but that could have explained it.

But that might piss off  the 'horribly disrespected/underappreciated' Patriots and Brady even more that they would not want them to play in a game of that stature.....

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

chill....

you are a great poster on here....

I am chill, just saying though.......

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Excuse me while I go punch myself in the face as hard as I can LVI times.  

If it’s any consolation Donuts, I was mildly surprised at the overall lack of dimensions for said watercraft—I mean, if you’re the holder of 8 rings, shouldn’t you be expected to power up something more along the lines of a yacht suitable for putting into port at the Cannes Film Festival?? :D

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Assuming the NFL keeps to tradition, the Pats* will open up at home on the Thursday night opener against someone.  Who do you think it will be?  The Chiefs seem like the most obvious choice.  But then again the Cowboys won their division and the Steelers always draw a big crowd.  Bills are unlikely but hey this is a Bills board so they get their own separate choice.  Then there’s the rest of NE’s home opponents.

I just posted a big thing on the Bills schedule last week. The NFL is potentially putting Packers at Bears as the opener for the 100th anniversary of the NFL season. If that happens as expected NE hosts on Sunday night. The Chiefs or Steelers are the two favorites for that at this point with Steelers more likely so the Chiefs matchup is preserved by the networks for a later season game. Browns are the other wildcard that may end up being considered given Baker and the hype there. Cowboys is basically a no given they almost always play an NFC East opponent with last year being the one exception when they opened in Carolina and the only time in the last decade they opened AFC was the Jets in 2011. 

Edited by corta765
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I just posted a big thing on the Bills schedule last week. The NFL is potentially putting Packers at Bears as the opener for the 100th anniversary of the NFL season. If that happens as expected NE hosts on Sunday night. The Chiefs or Steelers are the two favorites for that at this point with Steelers more likely so the Chiefs matchup is preserved by the networks for a later season game. Browns are the other wildcard that may end up being considered given Baker and the hype there. Cowboys is basically a no given they almost always play an NFC East opponent with last year being the one exception when they opened in Carolina and the only time in the last decade they opened AFC was the Jets in 2011. 

Cowboys will end up Prime Time at least 8 times for the 2019 season

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You are talking about the NE Patriots on a Buffalo Bill's board, so I think some complaints may be warranted....

As for the league opener, there were rumors of it not being the Pat's this year, in part because they thought it might be better to give it to a different team (saw something about maybe Bears/Packers yesterday). Of course that will mean that they will face the Bill's on Monday night (to give them as much rest as possible after playing in the Superbowl) and Brady and the Pat's will say that they feel disrespected by the league not giving them the opener and destroy the Bill's getting close to triple digits........ just because

........think their "out" for not having Pats was that for the NFL's 100th anniversary, it would be "more fitting" to have Bears vs Pack, the league's oldest rivalry.......