Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?

Talley56

Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Pats* open up 2019 against?

• Chiefs
    • Steelers
    • Cowboys
    • Bills
    • Other (Browns, Giants, Dolphins, Jets)

Assuming the NFL keeps to tradition, the Pats* will open up at home on the Thursday night opener against someone.  Who do you think it will be?  The Chiefs seem like the most obvious choice.  But then again the Cowboys won their division and the Steelers always draw a big crowd.  Bills are unlikely but hey this is a Bills board so they get their own separate choice.  Then there’s the rest of NE’s home opponents.

Honestly, it’ll probably be be Jets. 

Big media, they’ll pretend like it’s a rivalry game, they’ll call Darnold the heir apparent in the East and they’ll take turns slobbering on Brady and Darnold. Plus, the Gase storyline adds some juice. Jets will have either Bell or Brown to add some electricity to their story as well.

Its supposed to to be a team that the defending champs are likely to see in the playoffs, but I doubt they’d do the chiefs again and the Steelers/Pats storyline feels overrated. 

Browns are darkhorse I wouldn’t bet against. 

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

Assuming the NFL keeps to tradition, the Pats* will open up at home on the Thursday night opener against someone.  Who do you think it will be?  The Chiefs seem like the most obvious choice.  But then again the Cowboys won their division and the Steelers always draw a big crowd.  Bills are unlikely but hey this is a Bills board so they get their own separate choice.  Then there’s the rest of NE’s home opponents.

I've kinda lost track of this tradition over the last few years, but isn't the opening game normally a playoff re-match from the previos season? I'm thinking New England/KC

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Who cares. Not here to talk about NE

In other fantastic Pats news nuggets of the day for us to discuss here on this BILLS board, Hoodie yet again <gasp> is forced to have to repaint the name of his boat...first world problems in the NFL. 

https://apple.news/AXC2c56D4Qem-POWTXzG2xA

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

In other fantastic Pats news nuggets of the day for us to discuss here on this BILLS board, Hoodie yet again <gasp> is forced to have to repaint the name of his boat...first world problems in the NFL. 

https://apple.news/AXC2c56D4Qem-POWTXzG2xA

Excuse me while I go punch myself in the face as hard as I can LVI times.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Then you are welcome to go to one of the many other topics.

You are talking about the NE Patriots on a Buffalo Bill's board, so I think some complaints may be warranted....

As for the league opener, there were rumors of it not being the Pat's this year, in part because they thought it might be better to give it to a different team (saw something about maybe Bears/Packers yesterday). Of course that will mean that they will face the Bill's on Monday night (to give them as much rest as possible after playing in the Superbowl) and Brady and the Pat's will say that they feel disrespected by the league not giving them the opener and destroy the Bill's getting close to triple digits........ just because

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You are talking about the NE Patriots on a Buffalo Bill's board, so I think some complaints may be warranted....

While the possibility is slim they could open against the Bills so that has to do with the Bills.  But aside from that I've seen my fair share of topics about other teams on this board.  Some more recent examples:

Cardinals tweet their support of Right Josh

Brady makes deal with the devil

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

As for the league opener, there were rumors of it not being the Pat's this year, in part because they thought it might be better to give it to a different team (saw something about maybe Bears/Packers yesterday). Of course that will mean that they will face the Bill's on Monday night (to give them as much rest as possible after playing in the Superbowl) and Brady and the Pat's will say that they feel disrespected by the league not giving them the opener and destroy the Bill's getting close to triple digits........ just because

I hadn't heard about this.  Thank you for the info.

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

sometimes football fans want to talk about a football team

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's the 100th NFL season. They're likely going to go Packers/Bears for Thursday night, and Pats/whomever for Sunday night. Leading contender is the Giants. Not going to be an entertaining SNF game if they do that.