SI’s Top 5 Neediest Teams - Which Team Has the Brightest Future?

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The only designed runs I want to see Allen do is on 4th and 1, and on the goal line.  

that is going to be a big part of his game moving forward. The running anyways. Whether that is by design or not is debatable, but its a big part of his game

Edited by ddaryl

10 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I really don’t want Allen in many designed runs as the piece is expecting. Let him scramble where he was super efficient. But if he becomes a running back that’s not gonna help too much 

We only ran a few - mostly QB draws in the red zone.  Other than that it was almost all scrambles.  He probably kept on a read-option like 3 times and lost yards on most of them. 

Also the occaisional 9 yard QB sneak ?

Edited by dneveu

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

can Morse play guard and Paradis center? 

I don't know if he's ever played guard. But some of the stuff I've read, it seems like he's a zone guy. So, what did Indy run last year? Cuz that's likely the system we'll be running this year. I'm thinking it was a zone. If that's the case, Miller is likely gone as he don't perform well in that. In fact, none of our IOL did lol. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens. Morse allowed like 2 sacks in his entire career , both in his rookie year. He suffered some injuries the last 2 years, but is stellar when healthy. And maybe will come just a bit cheaper than Paradis. Guess we'll see

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

can Morse play guard and Paradis center? 

for a fan who watches but isn't too into it all...

what's the most likely "relearning of a position" on the 0-line, can they interchange readily between guard/tackle/center or is one that much more difficult due to serious skill demands?

i know the LT is the prized spot, RT for a southpaw QB....

9 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The thought of using Allen like Cam makes me absolutely sick.  Can we be original for once ? Damn this infatuation with Carolina has gotten to far. 

The thought of Allen running sweeps and draws into the the defense is not good for his longevity at his position.  If McBeane doesn't develop this kid into a consistent pocket passer that can scramble for chunk yards when need be then they have not done there jobs and they will deserve to get fired as soon as 2020.

You do realize that SI doesn’t coach the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Cam Newton, over his career, averages 3581 passing yards; 23 passing TD; 601 rushing yards; 7 rushing TD per year.

He's also missed only five games in 8 full seasons.  That means in the 135 games (I included the 7 playoff games) the Panthers have played since 2011 (Cam's rookie season), Cam has played in 96% of them.  

I'll take those kinds of stats out of Josh Allen ANY DAY.

Those are not the type of stats I want my Franchise QB to have there nice for fantasy football but for winning Superbowls not so nice. We as Bills fans need to want more then this from Allen. 

If u just look at the passing numbers they indicate a middle of the pack QB. I'm sorry I want more then a Cam Newton out of Allen. Allen has potential to be a 4500 yds 35 plus td machine.  

BTW u see Newton towards the end of the yr. He looked like a broken version of himself.  The Panthers have run him into the ground. I dont see him playing at the level he has played at for more then another 3yrs or less. Newton won't be a star QB unless he reinvents himself and becomes a more passes first and only QB. Like I said those numbers are good for fantasy for but not for dominance and longevity at his position. 

3 hours ago, dubs said:

You do realize that SI doesn’t coach the Bills. 

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  We seen a glimpse of this last yr. I fully expect 5-7 carries a gm next season that are designed runs not scrambles.  McBeane has the Smell of Carolina crawling up there behinds . All this love with that team they should of just stayed there.  

7 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  We seen a glimpse of this last yr. I fully expect 5-7 carries a gm next season that are designed runs not scrambles.  McBeane has the Smell of Carolina crawling up there behinds . All this love with that team they should of just stayed there.  

Nothing you have just wrote is even remotely true. Nothing. Who is McBeane?  What are you talking about bro, get your ***** together.  

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Those are not the type of stats I want my Franchise QB to have there nice for fantasy football but for winning Superbowls not so nice. We as Bills fans need to want more then this from Allen. 

If u just look at the passing numbers they indicate a middle of the pack QB. I'm sorry I want more then a Cam Newton out of Allen. Allen has potential to be a 4500 yds 35 plus td machine.  

BTW u see Newton towards the end of the yr. He looked like a broken version of himself.  The Panthers have run him into the ground. I dont see him playing at the level he has played at for more then another 3yrs or less. Newton won't be a star QB unless he reinvents himself and becomes a more passes first and only QB. Like I said those numbers are good for fantasy for but not for dominance and longevity at his position. 

You want Tom Brady.  Not happening.  And Cam was playing hurt all season.