DK Metcalf Workout

beacon

I'm going to see if I can find some tape on him.  Would have loved to have seen him live vs Vandy this year but it was AJ Brown schooling Vanderbilt freshmen DBs.  Brown looked very slow to me.  I think you take Metcalf at 9 if you are comfortable with his availability because everything else will most likely be off the charts.  When you can have Metcalf and Foster on the perimeter and Jones in the slot, that could be something dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you know he is on juice?  LMAO...come on.  You really think this kid is roiding up just before he is going to go through a litany of medical examinations and blood tests?  Hahaha, where do you people come up with this stuff?  Why do people default to "roids" every time someone has an incredible physique?  

Second, I love N'Keal Harry too, but there are a lot of WR's who have a claim for the best WR in this draft.  Its a very talented class and there are at least 7 guys who have a legit shot of being the first WR taken and the combine will certainly start impacting how they start grading out because they are so close now.  

Harry certainly could be the first WR taken, but he is no lock and his 40 time will be very impactful on where he is drafted.  Metcalf is the one guy that many feel has the "Top 10" pick potential and could have been projected there had he not missed half the season with a neck injury.  He is both big and fast, has great hands, a good route tree, and excels at contested catches too.  

Like I said earlier, a big combine (which many expect him to have) and he could really start to separate himself as the top WR.  But then again, there are several others in the mix who could elevate themselves too at the combine,  Its going to be an exciting combine for the WR position for sure, much like last year was for the QB's.  But for anyone to say he is NOT the best WR in the draft right now is premature before the combine.  

You know anything about working out? Building your body? PEDs? 

Little known fact, pre the ban on pro-hormones you could buy steroids over the counter. Look it up. On top of that do some research on crossfit, that sport is full of steroids — FULL. Learn about what these players are doing. You can take a mild oral along with TEST and be done and out of your cycle in 6 weeks and have added up near 20 pounds of muscle on your body. But I suppose you know far more than anyone on the topic. 

Take a look at Metcalf he's added the size in short period of time, not attainable clean. Even with a spot on diet and working out 7 days a week you're not going to get that size that fast without help.

Harry right now is the best WR in the draft, again combine can change that. He doesn't have to have the fastest 40 time and I know he will not. But his hands are incredible and catch radius is incredible. 

I do believe that Metcalf will get in trouble for PEDs if not before the draft he's gonna get hit his rookie season. Just take a look at the NFLs list of suspended players and you'll see that it's a lot more common. 

Eat Clen,

Tren hard,

Dbol-ish your goals,

Winny everything and

Anavar quit.

Edited by Yav
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dude is a monster...  but with that much muscle mass I'd be worried about it impacting flexibility, which is an important tool for a WR to have. Don't think he'll have a whole lot of trouble breaking off of press coverage, though. And as others have mentioned, that much mass can cause injuries and he already had two season-ending injuries in his college career. One this past season which was a neck injury requiring surgery and a foot injury in his freshman year (after only two games). So, he might be one of those high risk/high reward players. Might make some big plays but also may only play 8-10 games a season. And wherever he goes I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will want him to tweak some things regarding his workouts. He only made it through one full season in college and McBeane really seem focused on prospects with a lot of experience. Not sure where he is on their radar but I'm sure they'll do their homework on him.

1 hour ago, Yav said:

Little known fact, pre the ban on pro-hormones you could buy steroids over the counter. Look it up. On top of that do some research on crossfit, that sport is full of steroids — FULL. Learn about what these players are doing. You can take a mild oral along with TEST and be done and out of your cycle in 6 weeks and have added up near 20 pounds of muscle on your body. But I suppose you know far more than anyone on the topic. 

Take a look at Metcalf he's added the size in short period of time, not attainable clean. Even with a spot on diet and working out 7 days a week you're not going to get that size that fast without help.

Harry right now is the best WR in the draft, again combine can change that. He doesn't have to have the fastest 40 time and I know he will not. But his hands are incredible and catch radius is incredible. 

I do believe that Metcalf will get in trouble for PEDs if not before the draft he's gonna get hit his rookie season. Just take a look at the NFLs list of suspended players and you'll see that it's a lot more common. 

Eat Clen,

Tren hard,

Dbol-ish your goals,

Winny everything and

Anavar quit.

Too much is being made of a picture and you're a homer.  Harry's 40 time will have him at the bottom of RD 1.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's a beast!  You wait until the combine...

Still, there are people here that want the 5th best D-lineman with the hope that they become the next Aaron Donald. ?

Sure, he’s going to test well.

And some team is going to draft him high because of that. But he’s not even the best Ole Miss receiver in this draft.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Eat Clen,

Tren hard,

Dbol-ish your goals,

Winny everything and

Anavar quit.

I dont even know where to begin with this lol.  I love how you challenge my knowledge of working out just because you are convinced from a photo someone is on roids. lol

Ive been playing sports and an athlete my whole life, so yeah I know a little about working out.  But who cares, means nothing.  I also love you think its more likely he is on roids than it being an exaggerated look in a still image from the angle where they are all flexing out.  Not to mention, all the guys look huge in that pic, so guess they must all be roiding out ahead of the combine LMAO.  

I know all about Harry, I have been championing him myself, so stop telling me about him like I dont like him.  I even mocked him to us in my mock draft I posted at #15 after the trade I mocked with Washington.  HOWEVER:  He is NOT the definitive or consensus best WR in this draft right now...why...because NO one REALLY knows who is going to be the best "prospect" going into night 1 of the draft until after combine, workouts, etc.  Thats because there are at least SEVEN guys who all have a chance to convince people they are the top guy through that process.  

And if you dont think Harry's 40 time is going to matter then you dont know as much as you think about this draft or Harry.  His number 1 criticism is will he have the ability to separate at the NFL level as there are concerns about his speed.  Is he going to be a guy like Brandon Marshall whose speed was good enough and size and ball skills Elite?  Or is he going to be more pedestrian like Devin Funchess...these are a LEGIT question on him, and his 40 time will literally be a massive factor on whether he goes first round or second round because its CROWDED at WR right now.  He is gonna go first 2 rounds unless his 40 time a horrific (which I do not expect it to be).  

Its fine if your OPINION is that Harry is the top guy, have no issue with that.  But you keep saying it like its fact when its just your opinion and its not an opinion even shared by the marjority simply because the WR class is very talented and deep.  So lots of opinions out there.  

I think its a bit hilarious that you just assume Metcalf is going to get busted for PEDs.  This seems to be more about you wanting to prove Harry to be the better prospect than any actual knowledge of the situation.  He may very well test positive, anything is possible, but to just assume such an unlikely scenario is going to happen over a pic where he is at an angle and flexing is a bit silly to me.  

To each their own...

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Eat Clen,

Tren hard,

Dbol-ish your goals,

Winny everything and

Anavar quit.

theres a ton wrong in here..... 

I make a lions share of my living working with young athletes..... I have a handful of wrestlers right now at 16-18 yrs old that literally seem to grow muscle if they even stare at weights too long. one of which went from 185 to just over 200 from april to august of last year and had a lower bf% at 202. in fact our whole in-season workout plans revolve around maintaining the power and strength gained through the offseason while not packing on the muscle some of their bodies are naturally looking for. its very hard line to walk.

i'm not gonna get into the science of all this or why its possible....but it is. and you clearly don't know nearly as much as you think you do. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

New poll question:

how does this photo make everyone feel about their own ab situation? 

At my age I try not to look into mirrors for any length of time!

37 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m more into skinny weak WRs. 

Speed is overrated too.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/14/2019 at 9:19 AM, Chicken Boo said:

Too much is being made of a picture and you're a homer.  Harry's 40 time will have him at the bottom of RD 1.

Opinions vary and Harry plays faster. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont even know where to begin with this lol.  I love how you challenge my knowledge of working out just because you are convinced from a photo someone is on roids. lol

Ive been playing sports and an athlete my whole life, so yeah I know a little about working out.  But who cares, means nothing.  I also love you think its more likely he is on roids than it being an exaggerated look in a still image from the angle where they are all flexing out.  Not to mention, all the guys look huge in that pic, so guess they must all be roiding out ahead of the combine LMAO.  

I know all about Harry, I have been championing him myself, so stop telling me about him like I dont like him.  I even mocked him to us in my mock draft I posted at #15 after the trade I mocked with Washington.  HOWEVER:  He is NOT the definitive or consensus best WR in this draft right now...why...because NO one REALLY knows who is going to be the best "prospect" going into night 1 of the draft until after combine, workouts, etc.  Thats because there are at least SEVEN guys who all have a chance to convince people they are the top guy through that process.  

And if you dont think Harry's 40 time is going to matter then you dont know as much as you think about this draft or Harry.  His number 1 criticism is will he have the ability to separate at the NFL level as there are concerns about his speed.  Is he going to be a guy like Brandon Marshall whose speed was good enough and size and ball skills Elite?  Or is he going to be more pedestrian like Devin Funchess...these are a LEGIT question on him, and his 40 time will literally be a massive factor on whether he goes first round or second round because its CROWDED at WR right now.  He is gonna go first 2 rounds unless his 40 time a horrific (which I do not expect it to be).  

Its fine if your OPINION is that Harry is the top guy, have no issue with that.  But you keep saying it like its fact when its just your opinion and its not an opinion even shared by the marjority simply because the WR class is very talented and deep.  So lots of opinions out there.  

I think its a bit hilarious that you just assume Metcalf is going to get busted for PEDs.  This seems to be more about you wanting to prove Harry to be the better prospect than any actual knowledge of the situation.  He may very well test positive, anything is possible, but to just assume such an unlikely scenario is going to happen over a pic where he is at an angle and flexing is a bit silly to me.  

To each their own...

DK added size in a matter of 2 months. Not something that is done without help. Sorry but diet alone will not add that size from Dec-now. Call it whatever you want picture angle or filter, it’s the added size that’s a red flag. 

Playing sports your entire life doesn’t mean you have an understanding of PEDs or their effect. 

Ive said it multiple times that Harry’s combine will determine, but right now he’s already been mentioned as the top WR in the draft. He has elusive speed and if you “know” about him then you already know that. 

As for DK, I don’t have a personal stake in any of the players, but dude is a walking violation like it or not. 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

theres a ton wrong in here..... 

I make a lions share of my living working with young athletes..... I have a handful of wrestlers right now at 16-18 yrs old that literally seem to grow muscle if they even stare at weights too long. one of which went from 185 to just over 200 from april to august of last year and had a lower bf% at 202. in fact our whole in-season workout plans revolve around maintaining the power and strength gained through the offseason while not packing on the muscle some of their bodies are naturally looking for. its very hard line to walk.

i'm not gonna get into the science of all this or why its possible....but it is. and you clearly don't know nearly as much as you think you do. 

That’s funny. 

You got me. I know nothing about working out.

ive seen quite a few HS athletes taking tbol and never getting busted but yea what do I know.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:08 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

David Boston Jr.

That's an interesting comparison and cause for concern.

I suppose I may be placing too much emphasis on bloodlines, but I think Metcalf is going to be a really good wide receiver.

David Boston's father was a ref IIRC.?

33 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

That's an interesting comparison and cause for concern.

I suppose I may be placing too much emphasis on bloodlines, but I think Metcalf is going to be a really good wide receiver.

David Boston's father was a ref IIRC.?

Obviously, I have no idea how his career will turn out but the picture of him evokes memories of Boston.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Yav said:

DK added size in a matter of 2 months. Not something that is done without help. Sorry but diet alone will not add that size from Dec-now. Call it whatever you want picture angle or filter, it’s the added size that’s a red flag. 

Playing sports your entire life doesn’t mean you have an understanding of PEDs or their effect. 

Ive said it multiple times that Harry’s combine will determine, but right now he’s already been mentioned as the top WR in the draft. He has elusive speed and if you “know” about him then you already know that. 

As for DK, I don’t have a personal stake in any of the players, but dude is a walking violation like it or not. 

You asked me if I knew anything about working out.  I answered your question.  However, I do greatly question your knowledge on PED's and working out if you think the only way to bulk up in 2 months is from PED's.  Especially when you factor in the incredible and almost freakish physiques of some of these kids.  Not to mention, he wasn't playing football due to the neck injury and spent bulk of his time working out.  And even more so that you are basing all these claims of his PED use on a picture where he in angled and flexing out.  

But the funniest part to me is that he isn't even the biggest guy there in terms of build, just the tallest.  But you are only calling him out for being on PED's.  I am not saying its impossible he is on PED's, I am saying the you saying its impossible he is not on PED's is ridiculous.  He very well could test positive, plenty of athletes have.  But to just assume PED use over a photo that exaggerates his bulk is silly to me.  Making your claims even more extreme is that he is about to go through an abundance of medical examinations soon too as he goes through the draft and teams evaluate his health.  

And once again, with Harry, yes he is mentioned as the top WR in the draft (BY SOME), but he is most often NOT mentioned as the best WR in the draft because its all opinion right now with not enough info to really rank the crowded WR group.  So you just proclaiming because one site you read listed him as that does not make it true.  Ive seen Harry listed as low as the 9th best WR in the draft...I dont agree with that ranking, but its out there.  So like I said many times now, its fine if YOU THINK he is the best WR in the draft, but you need to understand that is NOT the consensus because there are at least 7 WRs who have the potential to be the first WR taken and the combine will greatly impact teams boards on how they rank them.

And for the record, I love Harry as a prospect right now, but I need to how he runs at the combine first.  If he runs a 4.5 or better, he will be a first round pick and could be first WR taken.  If he runs closer to a 4.55 then I doubt he is first WR taken but could still go first or early 2nd.  If he runs worse than a 4.55 then I think he falls to the second round.  I personally expect a 4.9 to 4.52 from him.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You asked me if I knew anything about working out.  I answered your question.  However, I do greatly question your knowledge on PED's and working out if you think the only way to bulk up in 2 months is from PED's.  Especially when you factor in the incredible and almost freakish physiques of some of these kids.  Not to mention, he wasn't playing football due to the neck injury and spent bulk of his time working out.  And even more so that you are basing all these claims of his PED use on a picture where he in angled and flexing out.  

But the funniest part to me is that he isn't even the biggest guy there in terms of build, just the tallest.  But you are only calling him out for being on PED's.  I am not saying its impossible he is on PED's, I am saying the you saying its impossible he is not on PED's is ridiculous.  He very well could test positive, plenty of athletes have.  But to just assume PED use over a photo that exaggerates his bulk is silly to me.  Making your claims even more extreme is that he is about to go through an abundance of medical examinations soon too as he goes through the draft and teams evaluate his health.  

And once again, with Harry, yes he is mentioned as the top WR in the draft (BY SOME), but he is most often NOT mentioned as the best WR in the draft because its all opinion right now with not enough info to really rank the crowded WR group.  So you just proclaiming because one site you read listed him as that does not make it true.  Ive seen Harry listed as low as the 9th best WR in the draft...I dont agree with that ranking, but its out there.  So like I said many times now, its fine if YOU THINK he is the best WR in the draft, but you need to understand that is NOT the consensus because there are at least 7 WRs who have the potential to be the first WR taken and the combine will greatly impact teams boards on how they rank them.

And for the record, I love Harry as a prospect right now, but I need to how he runs at the combine first.  If he runs a 4.5 or better, he will be a first round pick and could be first WR taken.  If he runs closer to a 4.55 then I doubt he is first WR taken but could still go first or early 2nd.  If he runs worse than a 4.55 then I think he falls to the second round.  I personally expect a 4.9 to 4.52 from him.  

I wouldn’t waste your typing on the guy. Usually there’s a type of person that just blames the juice right off the bat.... and it’s not the type of person that would bother listening to anything knowledgeable on the subject. 

I brought up my highschool athletes that I work with personally. They aren’t nearly the genetic freaks that these nfl prospects are and a handful have the ability to pack on unreal amounts of lean mass. So much so that I scale certain intensities and modalities back. And where does he go with it?... well it’s obviously the juice. 

2 hours ago, Yav said:

ive seen quite a few HS athletes taking tbol and never getting busted but yea what do I know.

Not much. That’s what I tried to tell you. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 2