DK Metcalf Workout

beacon

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Hopefully he's better than that monster defensive end from Baylor with the 18 pack abs. 

Hopefully he's a better person too. Shawn Oakman, never got a sniff at the NFL due Sexual Assault accusations and was projected to be a 4th to late rd pick . While at Baylor he had that whole looked like Tarzan played like Jane at times, and was questioned about his motor. 

But, none the less the dude was physical freak at 6'9" and 280 lbs. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1

And here comes the draft hype.  Maybe he will be amazing in the NFL, no one really knows.  But when I watched the games on this guy, I saw a very athletic guy who ran nothing but fades and go routes.   He may look great on a highlight reel but the game tape, IMO, showed a guy who didnt block, didnt run a full route tree, and probably wasnt the best wideout on his team. 

Its great that he is jacked, maybe he can be a model, but he has more abs than career touchdowns.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its great that he is jacked, maybe he can be a model, but he has more abs than career touchdowns.

This is a fantastic quote.

Even if DK absolutely tears up the Combine, it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't done much as a WR. Past Bills regimes would've definitely overlooked that. Let's hope McBean know what they're doing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Hopefully he's a better person too. Shawn Oakman, never got a sniff at the NFL due Sexual Assault accusations and was projected to be a 4th to late rd pick . While at Baylor he had that whole looked like Tarzan played like Jane at times, and was questioned about his motor. 

But, none the less the dude was physical freak at 6'9" and 280 lbs. 

Thanks for the reminder. I could not remember what happened to him. 

Like I said yesterday in the other thread, go look at his recent pics on Instagram.  He is not as big as this picture makes him look.  He’s more Andre Johnson than David Boston.  This photo is misleading either due to camera angle or him flexing out.  He’s a big strong guy, but his IG pics showcase his size better and he’s not so big it’s a concern like what plagued David Boston.

I love this kids potential and have said many times this kid is gonna star at the combine, he’s a freak athlete and I think he has a very real shot of being first WR taken, even as high as #9 for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I've already been pretty consistent with my hopes for D.K. at #9...

If he goes to Indy and does what I think he will do, my next move will be to plan my near 2 month camp-out on Beane's front lawn...

I'll remind him I had Mahomes at #1 overall in 2017, and I begged...begged the Bills to take Chris Jones at #19 in 2016 when they took Shaq...

I can be very persuasive...?

Why? He's gonna get hit with a PED violation. He's on juice, if you can't see that then you have a problem. He's not even the best WR in the draft - SMH

N'Keal Harry is the best WR in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I was seriously confused at first. Took me a bit to realize that it WAS him. He must've gained 20 lbs recently. Even his face has changed. He looks like a monster now, compared to just a beast. God help the DB's when he takes the field! Hopefully, he isn't TOO big, and still plays like he can. 

He could be drafted as a LB at his size for crying out loud. Scary

20 pounds recently?  Here come the tests!

1 hour ago, Yav said:

Why? He's gonna get hit with a PED violation. He's on juice, if you can't see that then you have a problem. He's not even the best WR in the draft - SMH

N'Keal Harry is the best WR in this draft.

So you know he is on juice?  LMAO...come on.  You really think this kid is roiding up just before he is going to go through a litany of medical examinations and blood tests?  Hahaha, where do you people come up with this stuff?  Why do people default to "roids" every time someone has an incredible physique?  

Second, I love N'Keal Harry too, but there are a lot of WR's who have a claim for the best WR in this draft.  Its a very talented class and there are at least 7 guys who have a legit shot of being the first WR taken and the combine will certainly start impacting how they start grading out because they are so close now.  

Harry certainly could be the first WR taken, but he is no lock and his 40 time will be very impactful on where he is drafted.  Metcalf is the one guy that many feel has the "Top 10" pick potential and could have been projected there had he not missed half the season with a neck injury.  He is both big and fast, has great hands, a good route tree, and excels at contested catches too.  

Like I said earlier, a big combine (which many expect him to have) and he could really start to separate himself as the top WR.  But then again, there are several others in the mix who could elevate themselves too at the combine,  Its going to be an exciting combine for the WR position for sure, much like last year was for the QB's.  But for anyone to say he is NOT the best WR in the draft right now is premature before the combine.  

• Like (+1) 3

He looks great and his film has some impressive moments.  Not the biggest production in college, but may have the tools to excel in the NFL.  He's obviously been putting in the work and while I do think combine numbers are overblown in most cases, I do think they will be important for him.  Anxious to see what he runs and to see his fluidity and flexibility on routes and catching the ball to see if the extra muscle is more of a hindrance than a help.  Combine numbers are not the be-all-end-all, but if he runs in the 4.45 range, he will really help himself a ton.

Edited by sven233

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's a beast!  You wait until the combine...

Still, there are people here that want the 5th best D-lineman with the hope that they become the next Aaron Donald. ?

If the 5th best D-lineman grades out higher than the best WR as a pro prospect, it makes sense why some teams would pick the DLman before the WR. 

I’m not advocating one or the other, just saying some picks are considered safer picks than others.