Sign in to follow this  
beacon

DK Metcalf Workout

It's pretty much a given.  DK Metcalf is jacked.  I imagine he could stiff arm a DB into the next county.

He's crazy huge!    Just looks unnatural for a WR to be that size.   

I was duped by this thread yesterday. He's cut out of the photo. Ain't him

Edited by BuffAlone

He's supposed to run routes all day. Won't adding muscle mass just make him tire out faster?

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Or TO...

TO was lean muscle, not huge. He had a runners body but it was ripped. 

Flexibilty is huge for WR, muscle can get in the way of that a lot

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I was duped by this thread yesterday. He's cut out of the photo. Ain't him

It is him on the far left 

for those with subscriptions to The Athletic-

As an Ole Miss sophomore, D.K. Metcalf measured in at 6 feet 3, 224 pounds to go with an 11-1 broad jump, 37.5-inch vertical and 4.46 40-yard dash, earning a spot on the Freaks List. This week, shirtless pictures of the absolutely shredded Rebels wideout have gone viral and backed up his Freak status.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is him on the far left 

for those with subscriptions to The Athletic-

I was seriously confused at first. Took me a bit to realize that it WAS him. He must've gained 20 lbs recently. Even his face has changed. He looks like a monster now, compared to just a beast. God help the DB's when he takes the field! Hopefully, he isn't TOO big, and still plays like he can. 

He could be drafted as a LB at his size for crying out loud. Scary

Edited by BuffAlone

I've already been pretty consistent with my hopes for D.K. at #9...

If he goes to Indy and does what I think he will do, my next move will be to plan my near 2 month camp-out on Beane's front lawn...

I'll remind him I had Mahomes at #1 overall in 2017, and I begged...begged the Bills to take Chris Jones at #19 in 2016 when they took Shaq...

I can be very persuasive...😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It looks like the outer edges of the photo are stretched, which is common with cell phone pics. Look at his right arm in particular, it looks the outside edge of the pic is definitely stretched & makes him look wider. He's still huge, but that's a misleading pic. If he were in the middle of the pic, he'd look more like we'd expect.

An injury waiting to happen.  When are these guys going to learn that being that muscle-bound doesn't bode well for longevity in the NFL?

10 minutes ago, eball said:

An injury waiting to happen.  When are these guys going to learn that being that muscle-bound doesn't bode well for longevity in the NFL?

Maybe that's why the TBD injury rate is so low?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Hopefully he's better than that monster defensive end from Baylor with the 18 pack abs. 

Hopefully he's a better person too. Shawn Oakman, never got a sniff at the NFL due Sexual Assault accusations and was projected to be a 4th to late rd pick . While at Baylor he had that whole looked like Tarzan played like Jane at times, and was questioned about his motor. 

But, none the less the dude was physical freak at 6'9" and 280 lbs. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1

And here comes the draft hype.  Maybe he will be amazing in the NFL, no one really knows.  But when I watched the games on this guy, I saw a very athletic guy who ran nothing but fades and go routes.   He may look great on a highlight reel but the game tape, IMO, showed a guy who didnt block, didnt run a full route tree, and probably wasnt the best wideout on his team. 

Its great that he is jacked, maybe he can be a model, but he has more abs than career touchdowns.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its great that he is jacked, maybe he can be a model, but he has more abs than career touchdowns.

This is a fantastic quote.

Even if DK absolutely tears up the Combine, it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't done much as a WR. Past Bills regimes would've definitely overlooked that. Let's hope McBean know what they're doing.

• Like (+1) 1