Cardinals tweet their support of Right Josh

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So to be clear:  people are celebrating the “right” Josh based on a rumor that hasn’t happened with the Cards trading a rookie qb who basically had the same passing stats as our rookie QB?  Makes sense.  

Also, if we reverse the Joshs, we would have the same exact attitude towards Allen as some have towards Rosen.  Even if I didn’t like a rookie 1st round qb, to trade him after year on a crappy team is insane. IF the Cards do this, they better hit a Mahomes homer and hope Rosen doesn’t become a good qb.

I’d like to think it’s draft time and everyone is lying.  

Honestly, what sense does it make tfor Arizona to reveal their true plans either way?  If anything, they are better off getting lies out there.

What good does lying do them?  They own the first overall pick.  They can choose whoever they want in the draft. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Arizona is what we refer to as a cluster***k over here in the UK. They seem all over the place. 

There are twitter rumours out there supporting the Casserly story about Murray interviewing terribly and even saying a team "with real interest" has now "removed him totally from their board". Now I doubt that is Arizona.... that would be an embarrassing climb down but who knows with the mess there?

Its definitely not Arizona. Rosen was rumored off many teams boards, but Arz took him in the 1st. No way Murray came off wore than Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

What good does lying do them?  They own the first overall pick.  They can choose whoever they want in the draft. 

The game has little to do with their upcoming number 1 pick and everything to do with an attempt to create a bidding war.

Just now, BillsSB2020 said:

The game has little to do with their upcoming number 1 pick and everything to do with an attempt to create a bidding war.

Over Rosen or the 1st overall pick?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Over Rosen or the 1st overall pick?

My personal opinion is that they're taking Murray, but it would serve them no purpose to disclose everything either way. If you're shopping Rosen, you want teams to think you're "listening" to offers, but not desperate to deal him. You could also say there is incentive to not disclose everything as it pertains to the number 1 pick, especially if you're NOT taking Murray. There's no benefit to showing your hand at this point.

My hunch is that Cleveland was always going to take Mayfield, but you may as well keep that close to the vest in case something comes up with him and another team blows you away with a trade offer.

Just now, BillsSB2020 said:

My personal opinion is that they're taking Murray, but it would serve them no purpose to disclose everything either way. If you're shopping Rosen, you want teams to think you're "listening" to offers, but not desperate to deal him. You could also say there is incentive to not disclose everything as it pertains to the number 1 pick, especially if you're NOT taking Murray. There's no benefit to showing your hand at this point.

My hunch is that Cleveland was always going to take Mayfield, but you may as well keep that close to the vest in case something comes up with him and another team blows you away with a trade offer.

If they're shopping Rosen, and that's easy to verify (if you're an NFL GM), then it's obvious they're taking Murray and they won't be trading down. 

21 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Its definitely not Arizona. Rosen was rumored off many teams boards, but Arz took him in the 1st. No way Murray came off wore than Rosen.

Rumored off teams’ draft boards??? Dear lord some of you are very gullible.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they're shopping Rosen, and that's easy to verify (if you're an NFL GM), then it's obvious they're taking Murray and they won't be trading down. 

There's a difference between shopping and listening to offers. I would agree that that the secrecy doesn't provide some great advantage, but there's really zero benefit to showing your cards at this point.

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

You being serious Doc?  If another teams Ioves Murray, the Cards are better off trying to say they want Murray and hope a team gives them a monster package to trade up.   It’s draft time.  You want to get BS there.

again, if it was Josh Allen on the Cards, i think giving up him after one year would be stupid.  Especially for a guy Murray’s size.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

"Worst Quarterback interview ever" was what Casserly said teams had told him on Murray. There was never any question that Rosen interviewed well at the combine. He was generally considered to have done very well there. 

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

There's a difference between shopping and listening to offers. I would agree that that the secrecy doesn't provide some great advantage, but there's really zero benefit to showing your cards at this point.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You being serious Doc?  If another teams Ioves Murray, the Cards are better off trying to say they want Murray and hope a team gives them a monster package to trade up.   It’s draft time.  You want to get BS there.

again, if it was Josh Allen on the Cards, i think giving up him after one year would be stupid.  Especially for a guy Murray’s size.

I normally agree that teams should play it close to the vest.  However the Cardinals are in unusual circumstances in that a) their new HC previously said that he'd take Kyler Murray 1st overall if he had the chance, b) both that coach and GM said that Rosen is their QB "right now" and c) they're going to have to trade Rosen prior to the draft and will want to get the best return for him, so that means giving away their intentions of drafting Murray 1st overall.  I think when all is said and done, they'll trade Rosen after talking with a bunch of teams, the rest of the NFL will have known about it, and they'll stay at 1 and take Murray.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I normally agree that teams should play it close to the vest.  However the Cardinals are in unusual circumstances in that a) their new HC previously said that he'd take Kyler Murray 1st overall if he had the chance, b) both that coach and GM said that Rosen is their QB "right now" and c) they're going to have to trade Rosen prior to the draft and will want to get the best return for him, so that means giving away their intentions of drafting Murray 1st overall.  I think when all is said and done, they'll trade Rosen after talking with a bunch of teams, the rest of the NFL will have known about it, and they'll stay at 1 and take Murray.

The one card they would still have negotiation wise is the "we'll just keep both" schtick. It wouldn't be an ideal situation, but it's a chip.

Main point I'm trying to make is that while it's not some genius move to send these smokescreens, the org. may as well play the game as long as possible.

Same reason the Browns didn't just come out and say they were taking Mayfield.

Edited by BillsSB2020
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

This would be different. May the best young guy win and you trade the other one. Getting QB right is by far the most important thing a franchise must do. If they're not sold on Rosen and love Murray, why not?

It is not correct to judge Rosen based on last year. He didnt light up the league but is not a Ryan Leaf, Manziel, J Russell. If the current AZ FO is not sold on ROsen, how can they possibly be confident about Murray being the right guy ? Lets say Rosen is traded, most on this board think he wont fetch anything better than a 2nd rounder. Is it worth throwing away the next 3-4 years for that pick (if Murray is a bust) ? If they keep both for this season, worst case, one of them turns out to be a total flop and they get a very low pick in 2020 for him. Big friggin deal. That franchise is is so much trouble right now, that they cannot afford to be wrong about a QB. They have to remember Favre. They cannot be so arrogant as to think they already know which of Murray and Rosen is better. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It is not correct to judge Rosen based on last year. He didnt light up the league but is not a Ryan Leaf, Manziel, J Russell. If the current AZ FO is not sold on ROsen, how can they possibly be confident about Murray being the right guy ? Lets say Rosen is traded, most on this board think he wont fetch anything better than a 2nd rounder. Is it worth throwing away the next 3-4 years for that pick (if Murray is a bust) ? If they keep both for this season, worst case, one of them turns out to be a total flop and they get a very low pick in 2020 for him. Big friggin deal. That franchise is is so much trouble right now, that they cannot afford to be wrong about a QB. They have to remember Favre. They cannot be so arrogant as to think they already know which of Murray and Rosen is better. 

The coach may very well believe Rosen is not the right guy for his offense. I wasn't declaring Rosen a bust or projecting Murray as a franchise QB(although my OPINION is that he'll be a special player.)

Just chiming in on the Cardinals situation. Maybe they'll trade Rosen and live to regret it. Who knows?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

"Worst Quarterback interview ever" was what Casserly said teams had told him on Murray. There was never any question that Rosen interviewed well at the combine. He was generally considered to have done very well there. 

Do you always believe what these media guys say as fact when they are quoting anonymous sources?

Casserley was telling us a week out from the draft last year that he had inside info the Jets were taking Rosen at 3..

Edited by Aussie Joe

On 2/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, matter2003 said:

Future HOF Larry Fitzgerlad and All-Pro David Johnson are trash? Where can we find this type of "trash"??

Larry Fitz was injured as was the other top WR. David Johnson was a shell of himself. Probably because they have a worse line then the Bills. So yes, trash.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Do you always believe what these media guys say as fact when they are quoting anonymous sources?

Casserley was telling us a week out from the draft last year that he had inside info the Jets were taking Rosen at 3..

When it is only one source maybe not. There are multiple reporting Murray bombed the interviews.