Cardinals tweet their support of Right Josh

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

“...is our guy, until the day that he is not.” There, that should finish up the dangling participle for them. ;)

BTW, where is ‘wrong josh’ to add to the vote of confidence here? 

Having examined the grammar here, the word "guy" is neither a participle nor is it dangling.

If supported better, both teams might well have come up with good QBs.

Or not.

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Precisely. There is no closer, there is no continuation ... Meaning it's all there. If there'd been a second tweet to continue it, then "but" could have been a cliff-hanger. There is no second tweet. It's pretty clear what he meant.

Y'all are having fun with speculation, but ... " xxx Josh is our guy. xxx

It's the only way it makes sense, and yeah, they left off the final quotation mark. Doesn't change the meaning.

You don't say!

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best WR - Fitzgerald, AZ - Yes - just about, but he wasn't a patch on the player he has been. If Foster had played a full season at the level he played the final 7 games then it would have been him.

Best RB - Johnson, AZ - Also just about... but like with Shady here his effectiveness was sunk by atrocious run blocking.

Best TE - Ricky Seals Jones, AZ - No. He is dreadful, drops everything, can't block to save his life. I think Charles Clay is done and I'd take him on one knee ahead of Seals Jones.

Best OL - Push, both OL sucked - Theirs sucked and all their starters were hurt. Push at best.

Our Josh did more, but they were working with similarly awful casts.

I still like Rosen. That Cardinals O Line was disgusting last year. Even worse than the Bills.

But ... for pure entertainment value, I'd love to see Kyler and Kliff go pure Air Raid in the NFL next year. Seat of the pants estimate:

- 30% chance it fails miserably, but in an entertaining way.

- 30% chance it succeeds, at least in the short term, Chip Kelly-Mike Vick way

- 40% chance it's kind of mixed results, with enough things working to stick with Kyler and tweak things for a more sustainable future.

Do it!

16 hours ago, Bring it said:

Way to early to tell! Rosen may pan out but our Josh has a great attitude and is a crazy good athlete to boot!

The question here isn't "our Josh or their Josh" but to the Cards, "stay with last year's 1st rounder or move on after 1 season?"

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, their skill position guys were maybe a bit better than ours, but their OL was a good deal worse than ours. It wasn't close to a push.

Not that our OL was good. They weren't. But Arizona's was considerably worse. I only watched a few games and a few bits and pieces of Arizona, but they could not protect the passer, even as well as we did.

Also, Rosen is more mobile than I thought he would be - must be something he's recognized as a need and worked on hard last spring - but he's no threat to make incoming would-be sackers leave their 'nads on the field wiggling while they tackle air.

That is a trait which tends to make an OL look better.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The question here isn't "our Josh or their Josh" but to the Cards, "stay with last year's 1st rounder or move on after 1 season?"

Correct -- and thus, why in the hell would a team need to broadcast they are "sticking with" the 1st rounder?  Of course, they did fire the coach after one year so...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, their skill position guys were maybe a bit better than ours, but their OL was a good deal worse than ours. It wasn't close to a push.

Not that our OL was good. They weren't. But Arizona's was considerably worse. I only watched a few games and a few bits and pieces of Arizona, but they could not protect the passer, even as well as we did.

I watched them too, but honestly I dont think it was worse, I think Josh is a great deal better at escaping the rush than Rosen.  I think that was the bigger difference than the performance of the OL.  

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Good grief, twittering your 'support' for your rookie QB?  That's horrible.

It's nice to see another team doing something that is normally classified as "Billsy".

It seems like something the Bills would have done with EJ. Anyone else remember when Tim Graham interviewed him on radio row at the SB after his rookie year and asked him if he thought the Bills should draft another QB in the 1st rd that year? And EJ stormed off and it became a big story. Good times! 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe the Cardinals have no interest in trading back? And frankly nobody was coming to #1 anyway when the first possible QB team was at #6. 

Maybe. The key point is "May not be". I remember the year Goff and Wentz went 1-2. Very few mocks in January were projecting that they go early. It only takes two teams to be interested in a QB for the bidding war to bring #1 in play. So why give up on that option to trade? Options are valuable:)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Maybe. The key point is "May not be". I remember the year Goff and Wentz went 1-2. Very few mocks in January were projecting that they go early. It only takes two teams to be interested in a QB for the bidding war to bring #1 in play. So why give up on that option to trade?

The point there though was the Rams made the move to #1 because they thought the Browns wanted a QB at #2. Turned out the Browns didn't in fact like Wentz and they were willing to move down with the Eagles.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet that trash was a lot better than what our Josh has to work with and our Josh got better as the season went on and finished great.  Meanwhile, Rosen has the worst and lowest rated game of any QB this year not named Nathan Peterman.

Bills VS Cardinals, who has the better player:

Best WR - Fitzgerald, AZ

Best RB - Johnson, AZ

Best TE - Ricky Seals Jones, AZ

Best OL - Push, both OL sucked

Rosen is young, and can get better.  But our Josh did more with less.  

#RightJosh

#GoBills

#BillsPlayoffs2019

First of all, saying Rosen’s talent around him was a lot better is flat out wrong. People keep mentioning Fitz as if he’s even a fraction of the player he used to be. Johnson and Shady are basically a push and the Cardinal’s o-line was worse than ours.

Secondly, what does Allen even have to do with this topic? 

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

First of all, saying Rosen’s talent around him was a lot better is flat out wrong. People keep mentioning Fitz as if he’s even a fraction of the player he used to be. Johnson and Shady are basically a push and the Cardinal’s o-line was worse than ours.

Secondly, what does Allen even have to do with this topic? 

Fitz not being as good as his peak does not mean he was worse or as bad as our WR’s.  He’s substantially better right now than any WR on our roster.  Foster has exciting potential, but he’s not the complete WR Fitz is right now.  DJ is better than McCoy, he is more decisive and more powerful.  Even Chris Ivory outplayed McCoy.  So not a push.  

And I mention our Josh because people validating Rosen’s season of suck with the talent excuse, yet Allen had less talent around him and outplayed Rosen decisively.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fitz not being as good as his peak does not mean he was worse or as bad as our WR’s.  He’s substantially better right now than any WR on our roster.  Foster has exciting potential, but he’s not the complete WR Fitz is right now.  DJ is better than McCoy, he is more decisive and more powerful.  Even Chris Ivory outplayed McCoy.  So not a push.  

And I mention our Josh because people validating Rosen’s season of suck with the talent excuse, yet Allen had less talent around him and outplayed Rosen decisively.  

The notion that Rosen had so much more to work with is flat out wrong. It seems as though people keep repeating this when comparing him to Allen. I won’t deny that Allen looked better but they both had crap to work with.

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The notion that Rosen had so much more to work with is flat out wrong. It seems as though people keep repeating this when comparing him to Allen. I won’t deny that Allen looked better but they both had crap to work with.

Fitz was coming off three consecutive 100 catch seasons, with all his metrics being similar this past year as to those 3 years.  The difference from one year to the next was that Rosen stunk and couldn't get him the ball.  His catch percentage, ypc, etc were all on par with years past.  I love how now people blame Fitz for Rosen not being good, yet Fitz has produced until Rosen.  David Johnson is a much better back than McCoy at this point of his career.  Both those guys are a lot better than their counter parts here in Buffalo.

So I will respectfully disagree that is wasn't much better having Fitz for a full year and David Johnson over the #1 rotating WR combo of KB/Zay/Foster for 16 games and a McCoy who was outplayed by Ivory.

KB was a trainwreck and held the team back..Zay cant get open and struggles to catch...and Foster came on late, but he was mostly a big play guy only with speed and has no where near the finesse, hands, or route tree of Fitz (yet).  Im high on Foster like everyone else, but he is no where near the complete WR Fitz is and only is a better deep threat where Fitz is better at literally everything else.  

Poor QB play makes the cast look worse.  Look how much worse our cast and offense looked with NP and DA compared to Allen.  Rosen made that offense worse, doesn't mean he cant get better and have a great career, and he certainly needs more help too...but Allen elevated a bad cast while Rosen didn't and brought the cast down.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3