Cardinals tweet their support of Right Josh

YoloinOhio

On 2/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, JohnnyGold said:

Josh Rosen will never be a good QB in this league, ever. He will never be a succesful professional athlete.

So sayeth you Nostradamus... You nor anyone else here has any clue as to whether he'll be successful or not.

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im just glad we moved up and did not take Rosen

He might end up panning out if you put the team around him.....but Josh Allen makes plays WITHOUT a team around him so with a team around him I am excited for his ceiling.

...I'd take "our Josh" over "their Josh" in a nanosecond....mindful, humble, hardworking gamer with respect for the game and his teammates......not some whiny little putz yapping about where he was picked......definite "ME" versus "WE"......

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, colin said:

i think they go for the sooner qb and trade rosen.

question is:  who is their best trade partner(s) and what would they pay?

Well they won't. Kliff Kingsbury got the job not because of his Head Coaching record... but because of his fit with Josh Rosen. Pure and simple. If Kingsbury doesn't develop Rosen he gets fired. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Well they won't. Kliff Kingsbury got the job not because of his Head Coaching record... but because of his fit with Josh Rosen. Pure and simple. If Kingsbury doesn't develop Rosen he gets fired. 

I mean this whole thing is so stupid.  It’s over comments 3 years ago.  But in theory, he could dump Rosen (who is at his lowest value) and go all in on Murray.  Seems insanely risky but he could do it.  I would bet on him getting fired because Murray won’t survive an entire 16 games.

I don't think a single tweet rules out the POSSIBILITY that the Cardinals deal Rosen and draft Murray. Not saying it's likely, but of course you're going to "support" a guy you plan on trading. Not saying that's what they're doing. Just saying IF they plan on trading him, it makes no sense to publicize any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, Zerovotlz said:

You have to look at this like a choice of Murray vs Rosen.  If you think Murray is better, you take him.  A team that moved on from a coach after one year, then hired Kliff Kingsbury isn’t going to worry about moving on from the 4th QBs off the board last year.  They will have trade partners.  NE SD NO will all make that call.

murray is the one major QB prospect in this draft.  He will go 1/1 to Arizona

On 2/13/2019 at 2:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

They hired Kingsbury to work with Josh. If he moves on from Josh they will move on from him. 

On 2/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, GunnerBill said:

I was right on Feb 13.  I am still right.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I was right on Feb 13.  I am still right.

It does look like you might have been right.

EDIT: I still say it is a sign of muddled thinking in the Cardinals FO. Prioritise and hire a underqualified head coach because he can mesh with your 2nd year QB then 2 months later decide you are going to draft a QB at #1 and move on. When it comes to QBs too many shots is better than not enough, so I don't hate it as a move. But I still think Josh Rosen has a better chance of being a franchise Quarterback long term than Kyler Murray. I do like Murray, but personally it isn't the way I'd go if I was Arizona.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's what happens when you draft the wrong Josh.

Yup, although in fairness they didn’t want Rosen in the first place, they wanted Allen.  Beane made sure that didn’t happen and got us the right Josh.

And if GunnerBills info that Rosen was not even on the Bills board is true, makes Beane look even that much better for seeing Rosen as not a franchise guy.  AZ seems to now agree too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It does look like you might have been right.

EDIT: I still say it is a sign of muddled thinking in the Cardinals FO. Prioritise and hire a underqualified head coach because he can mesh with your 2nd year QB then 2 months later decide you are going to draft a QB at #1 and move on. When it comes to QBs too many shots is better than not enough, so I don't hate it as a move. But I still think Josh Rosen has a better chance of being a franchise Quarterback long term than Kyler Murray. I do like Murray, but personally it isn't the way I'd go if I was Arizona.

Serious question as I posted this in the other thread. Why not draft Murray and keep Rosen till they know who their long term solution is? Can any team risk putting their future on the line for their pre-NFL personnel evaluation?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Serious question as I posted this in the other thread. Why not draft Murray and keep Rosen till they know who their long term solution is? Can any team risk putting their future on the line for their pre-NFL personnel evaluation?

I thought the same thing. Why not keep both and make them battle it out... unless you just think Murray will win regardless and you need to move Rosen while he still maintains any value 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I thought the same thing. Why not keep both and make them battle it out... unless you just think Murray will win regardless and you need to move Rosen while he still maintains any value 

I would be fine with letting veteran QB's battle it out but back to back top 10 picks?  They need to be learning the pro game not fighting for their NFL life right from the get go.  IMO this would be to distracting. 

Take Allen, he was competing to land the starting job as a rookie, NOT to stay on the team.  In a Rosen/Murry battle the loser's stock would drop, especially Rosen's, and they might struggle to land anywhere else at close to what they're making now. 

IMO it would be crazy to give up on Rosen at this point and the Cards should be looking to trade their #1 for a boatload of picks.  But if they do want Murry then they have to trade Rosen NOW when his value is highest. 

• Like (+1) 1