Take Me Out To the Ball Game

/dev/null

""Baseball games are really challenging for someone with a nut allergy, because everyone's throwing shells around," said his father, Ben. "For my son, if he has any kind of contact, if he steps on a peanut and takes off his shoe, he could go into anaphylactic shock."

Who the ***** takes off their shoes at a ballpark?  This is ***** stupid.

Just now, Gugny said:

""Baseball games are really challenging for someone with a nut allergy, because everyone's throwing shells around," said his father, Ben. "For my son, if he has any kind of contact, if he steps on a peanut and takes off his shoe, he could go into anaphylactic shock."

I guess people with peanut allergies arent the smartest of the pack.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The same people who take their shoes off on a plane.

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Stoned is the conceivable only way to get most people under 30 to sit there and watch an entire game

Luv ya like a brother, row_33, but I knew some octogenarian Red Sox fans,  back when I lived in Boston, that wished - or hoped - they would live until what finally happened in 2004.

They'd watch every game, keep stats, and hope that they’d still live to see the Sox win a World Series - and I’m including my friend’s 90-year old Polish babscia -she was a diehard!

Myself, i’d go to Fenway sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes doubleheaders.

Baseball is a great way to spend a summer afternoon or warm evening at the ballpark.

(After March Madness, Frozen Four, the NFL draft, et al ?)

Of course, as always, JMHO

Edited by The Senator

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Luv ya like a brother, row_33, but I knew some octogenarian Red Sox fans,  back when I lived in Boston, that wished - or hoped - they would live until what finally happened in 2004.

They'd watch every game, keep stats, and hope that they’d still live to see the Sox win a World Series - and I’m including my friend’s 90-year old Polish babscia -she was a diehard!

Myself, i’d go to Fenway sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes doubleheaders.

Baseball is a great way to spend a summer afternoon or warm evening at the ballpark.

I keep a scorecard watching a daily game at home and stats sheet for hoops, but I’m a number cruncher in my early 50s. And spend $5 on a program and keep a scoresheet at Jays games, none last year.

my great grandpa was a diehard Dodgers fan and died a few months after they won in 1955

Seems everyone around me at games is buried in the phone the whole time, I guess the nets are up so they don’t get hit in the head by a foul ball, that would be a tragedy....

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Many years ago, my hometown (Glens Falls, NY) had a AA team.  Man, I wish we still had it.  I love live baseball (as well as on the radio and/or TV).  I wish I lived closer to a big league park.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Many years ago, my hometown (Glens Falls, NY) had a AA team.  Man, I wish we still had it.  I love live baseball (as well as on the radio and/or TV).  I wish I lived closer to a big league park.

Yepper...closest one for me, now, is Toronto -which is a long drive to see anything but a Red Sox game.

(Fenway was a 20-minute stroll - if I made it there before stopping halfway at the Elliott Lounge)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

It’s a massive commitment to spending quality time at a MLB stadium 

had seasons for a few years and going to 10 game  home stands got to be too much 

maybe try it again in retirement

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s a massive commitment to spending quality time at a MLB stadium 

had seasons for a few years and going to 10 game  home stands got to be too much 

maybe try it again in retirement

Oh, I'd never get season tickets.  80+ games is an enormous commitment.  Mets (and I'm sure all other teams) have a bunch of different plans (40 game plans, 20 games, weekends, saturdays, sundays, etc.).  

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I'd never get season tickets.  80+ games is an enormous commitment.  Mets (and I'm sure all other teams) have a bunch of different plans (40 game plans, 20 games, weekends, saturdays, sundays, etc.).  

When the team isn’t great they are flexible, when the team is in demand you can’t do those things 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

When the team isn’t great they are flexible, when the team is in demand you can’t do those things 

Mets have had these for as long as I can remember; definitely during their last WS run.  Quick check of the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers shows that they all have similar packages for sale.  Not sure who's in demand more than those three.