Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

not really, i pretty much always thought they were garbage, bargain-bin options.

Tyrod, especially after he crapped all over himself against the giants at home and whaley when he traded two firsts for a WR who couldn't stay on the field.

Not to mention the overpayment of the likes of Clay.

Sort of like mcbeane crapping themselves last season?  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny you say that and also do not see the irony of it.  So you are saying that McBeane has won the same while TEARING down the team as Whaley won with the team he built. 

During the tear down, McBeane has broken the 17 year playoff drought, and has the same record as the Whaley years when they were going all out to win now.  

So McBeane is winning the same with a lot less.  You still somehow cant see the positive in that and just said to me it was "unnecessary" tear down.  How is 7-9 and a 17 year drought an "unnecessary" tear down?

That 2014 team would have murdered the 2017 team.  

Again, they destroyed something they didn’t need to destroy.  We may pay a guy like Tyrell Williams $11 million/ year when we had Woods and Watkins.  They traded for Kelvin Benjamin.  

I do respect you as a poster but you definitely wear the rose colored glasses (and I do wish I still do in a way).  But it’s such a genius move by them.  Tear down a middle class foundation and then cry poverty.  

Either way, this is their make or break season.  And I truly hope you’re right.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Again, they destroyed something they didn’t need to destroy.  We may pay a guy like Tyrell Williams $11 million/ year when we had Woods and Watkins.  They traded for Kelvin Benjamin.  

I do respect you as a poster but you definitely wear the rose colored glasses (and I do wish I still do in a way).  But it’s such a genius move by them.  Tear down a middle class foundation and then cry poverty.  

Did the 2014 team make the playoffs?  Nope.

Also they didn't tear down the 2014 team, the tore down the 2016 team that won 7 games and had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and a marginal QB.  Under Whaley and Rex, the team won less games every year after its mediocre 2014 season of 9 wins.  Went on to win 8 then 7.  

So I am still failing to connect what you are upset about in terms of tearing down a team that had one mediocre 9 win season 3 years earlier.  And that 2014 team was not remotely close to the same team McD inherited and really has no relevancy in regards to what we tore down.  Different personnel all across the board.

Also, Woods and Goodwin left on their own, and while Beane was employed by the Panthers, so also irrelevant to this past year.  The only person they sent out was Sammy, who I wanted to keep, but now is a great move given his god awful contract compared to his production.  In the two most explosive offenses (Rams and Chiefs) the NFL has seen since Mannings Broncos, he has yet to reach 1000 yards yet somehow is making $16m a year.  And trading him netted us a good draft pick that helped reset our foundation and also a player that helped us break the 17 year drought in Gaines.  0% chance we pay Sammy what he got, so getting that 2nd and Gaines was a great move instead of losing Sammy for nothing.  

I get not having "rose" colored glasses, and thats a fair stance given this teams history.  I just for the life of me cant believe you are upset we dismantled a crap team to try and build a better team.  

All good, just surprised to see you so bothered by that aspect.  

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'll give you Woods but Sammy never played here and hasn't done much since he left. The 2014 team is part of the drought, the 2017 team isn't. I'd slowdown with the killed comments lol. KB doesn't belong in the league he's fat and lazy, easily the worst move Beane has made as GM

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did the 2014 team make the playoffs?  Nope.

Also they didn't tear down the 2014 team, the tore down the 2016 team that won 7 games and had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and a marginal QB.  Under Whaley and Rex, the team won less games every year after its mediocre 2014 season of 9 wins.  Went on to win 8 then 7.  

So I am still failing to connect what you are upset about in terms of tearing down a team that had one mediocre 9 win season 3 years earlier.  And that 2014 team was not remotely close to the same team McD inherited and really has no relevancy in regards to what we tore down.  Different personnel all across the board.

Also, Woods and Goodwin left on their own, and while Beane was employed by the Panthers, so also irrelevant to this past year.  The only person they sent out was Sammy, who I wanted to keep, but now is a great move given his god awful contract compared to his production.  In the two most explosive offenses (Rams and Chiefs) the NFL has seen since Mannings Broncos, he has yet to reach 1000 yards yet somehow is making $16m a year.  And trading him netted us a good draft pick that helped reset our foundation and also a player that helped us break the 17 year drought in Gaines.  0% chance we pay Sammy what he got, so getting that 2nd and Gaines was a great move instead of losing Sammy for nothing.  

I get not having "rose" colored glasses, and thats a fair stance given this teams history.  I just for the life of me cant believe you are upset we dismantled a crap team to try and build a better team.  

All good, just surprised to see you so bothered by that aspect.  

Look, we Deserved the playoffs after 17 years.  But if you’re being honest, it was one of the worst playoff teams of all time.  There is a ton to prove and sorry, I can just blindly say they are going to get there.  SM is a good DC so I’m not surprised the defense is headed in the right direction.  But our offensive moves have been horrible.  And to bring it back to AN, he would probably be the worst thing to happen to Allen despite his talent.  Guy struggled to make it work with a HOF qb.  But we definitely need to get some weapons and hopefully, they do better than the last 2 years because it was really bad.

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'll give you Woods but Sammy never played here and hasn't done much since he left. The 2014 team is part of the drought, the 2017 team isn't. I'd slowdown with the killed comments lol. KB doesn't belong in the league he's fat and lazy, easily the worst move Beane has made as GM

Sammy rushes back from a foot injury to prove his toughness and hasn’t been right since.  Last time I saw him, he had 100 yards in a title game.  No one would agree with me but I’d rather pay Sammy $16 million than Tyrell Williams $11.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Right. A 6th round pick from the MaC definitely could be a diva. Are you serious?  Brown’s teammates say he changed once he got money and fame.  I blame Belichick for Aaron Hernandez by your logic.

What star receivers really make you championship contenders? Big Ben, also an idiot, won 2 SBs without Brown.  The Pats had one of the weaker receiving groups in the nfl.

i grew up playing receiver but it’s one of the most overrated positions in football.  

I am talking about a team that is close and believe they have the right QB and roster around them to compete. Teams like KC, St. Louis, etc.. fit this category. A team where adding Brown could potentially push you over the top in trying to take down the Pats.

Too many unknowns in Buffalo to be taking that risk.

Edited by billieve420

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

I am talking about a team that is close and believe they have the right QB and roster around them to compete. Teams like KC, St. Louis, etc.. fit this category.

St. Louis?

Interesting.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I am talking about a team that is close and believe they have the right QB and roster around them to compete. Teams like KC, St. Louis, etc.. fit this category.

It's funny, because if you buy into the "culture" aspect in what McBeane have built here, why not bring him in? They've been here two years, the foundation should be able to handle someone like Brown.  Why wait another year? If they think Allen is the "guy," give him the best talent you can.  Time to put the process to the test.    

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

St. Louis?

Interesting.

I have never been a big brandin cooks guy. Brown would be a nice complement with Woods and Cooper. Draft a TE and that offense is scary.

I am not sold on Goff but think you could win with him.

Edited by billieve420

6 minutes ago, stony said:

It's funny, because if you buy into the "culture" aspect in what McBeane have built here, why not bring him in? They've been here two years, the foundation should be able to handle someone like Brown.  Why wait another year? If they think Allen is the "guy," give him the best talent you can.  Time to put the process to the test.    

Because I don't see the Bills competing for another 2 yrs at least. What player in Brown will you have couple years from now.

I rather focus on younger guys who haven't hit their prime yet and can grow along side Allen. Can Beane and company identify those guys and sign them. That is what I am interested in seeing this offseason.

Edited by billieve420

On 2/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed Bmarv.  I thought for a time, it would be a great addition, but the more info I have on this guy and his personality, there is zero chance, Beane and McD pick him up.

To many cons- poor attitude, huge contract, getting old, and would have to give up too much in assetts for him- pass

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Because I don't see the Bills competing for another 2 yrs at least. What player in Brown will you have couple years from now.

I rather focus on younger guys who haven't hit their prime yet and can grow along side Allen. Can Beane and company identify those guys and sign them. That is what I am interested in seeing this offseason.

If the Bills aren't competing for another two years, they might be attempting to make the playoffs under a new coach and GM.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, stony said:

If the Bills aren't competing for another two years, they might be attempting to make the playoffs under a new coach and GM.   

Competing for a Super Bowl. Not backing into the playoffs 1 year. I think Pegula will be patient with this front office and coaching staff. One thing they have demonstrated so far is lack of dysfunction.

They have a plan and they are seeing it through. Mistakes have been made but every team makes them. Everyone will get to see if they are successful or not and a lot is riding on Allen being that guy.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Look, we Deserved the playoffs after 17 years.  But if you’re being honest, it was one of the worst playoff teams of all time.  There is a ton to prove and sorry, I can just blindly say they are going to get there.  SM is a good DC so I’m not surprised the defense is headed in the right direction.  But our offensive moves have been horrible.  And to bring it back to AN, he would probably be the worst thing to happen to Allen despite his talent.  Guy struggled to make it work with a HOF qb.  But we definitely need to get some weapons and hopefully, they do better than the last 2 years because it was really bad.

Again this puzzles me.  I don't follow how you think that team sucks, yet you also are upset and think it was a mistake to dismantle that same team to build a better foundation.  

And if that team was so bad, wouldn't that mean that it only helps McD look that much better that he somehow managed 9 wins and a playoff birth with it?

Sammy rushes back from a foot injury to prove his toughness and hasn’t been right since.  Last time I saw him, he had 100 yards in a title game.  No one would agree with me but I’d rather pay Sammy $16 million than Tyrell Williams $11.

I really don't get this, and I am one of Sammys fans.  I mean we made playoffs right after trading him, so clearly it didn't hurt us.  Personally, I would rather draft a rookie in first 2 rounds than pay either Tyrell or Sammy.  But sign Humphries or Tate for the slot.  

BUT...no disrespect, but big deal about the 100 yard game in a playoff loss.  Tons of people have had a good game here or there, doesn't make him worth $16m per year.  Over the last 2 seasons in 2 of the most prolific offenses of this generation he has accomplished this:

Rams:  15 games

39 Rec (2.6 rec per game), 593 yards (39.5 yds/g), 8 TD's

Chiefs:  10 games

40 Rec (4 rec per game), 519 yards (51.9 yds/g), 3 TD's

If you average those 25 games out, then use his per game average to project a full 16 game season (something he has accomplished only once in 5 years, his rookie year) this is what he is getting paid $16m for:  51 Receptions, 711 yards, 7 TD's over a 16 game season.  

I mean come on...you cant really think thats worth $16m per in any circumstance?  Foster out performed him on a per game basis this year even.  And Foster literally makes 1/30th the amount of money Sammy makes...ONE THIRTIETH...thats a crazy difference in money.  

Foster in the 7 games after being brought back from being cut put up:  25 rec, 511 yards, and 3 TD's (and did this with a rookie QB, a bad OL, no run game, and weak WR/TE's around him).

Now lets take Fosters averages over the 7 games to see what he would have done over 10 to compare to Sammys 10 games.

Sammy:  40 Rec, 519 yards (51.9 yds/g), 3 TD's

Foster:  36 rec, 730 yards (73 yds/g), 4 TD's

Sammy: (#4 pick in the draft in 2014) made $16 million and played in an offense where Mahomes threw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs.  

Foster: (an UDFA rookie) made $525,000 and out performed Sammy on a per game basis under substantially worse conditions.

So I don't know anyone could say a sentence that has "I would rather pay Sammy $16M" in it.  At some point, he needs to produce and he hasn't produced outside of a 9 game stretch in 2015...4 years ago.  

• Like (+1) 2

We need to go after him. Pats will but hopefully steelers wouldn't trade him there, they "aggressively" pursued OBJ when he acts like a diva all the time.

Same for AB, he can act like a diva because they are that good. Old doesn't pertain to him, have you seen his route running? And speed. There's 3 elite talents right now between Julio, AB and OBJ. Then you go down a notch.

Do what you can to finally get our #1 WR we have been desperately trying to attain.

AB

foster (outside)

Zay (slot)

Looks good to me

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again this puzzles me.  I don't follow how you think that team sucks, yet you also are upset and think it was a mistake to dismantle that same team to build a better foundation.  

And if that team was so bad, wouldn't that mean that it only helps McD look that much better that he somehow managed 9 wins and a playoff birth with it?

I really don't get this, and I am one of Sammys fans.  I mean we made playoffs right after trading him, so clearly it didn't hurt us.  Personally, I would rather draft a rookie in first 2 rounds than pay either Tyrell or Sammy.  But sign Humphries or Tate for the slot.  

BUT...no disrespect, but big deal about the 100 yard game in a playoff loss.  Tons of people have had a good game here or there, doesn't make him worth $16m per year.  Over the last 2 seasons in 2 of the most prolific offenses of this generation he has accomplished this:

Rams:  15 games

39 Rec (2.6 rec per game), 593 yards (39.5 yds/g), 8 TD's

Chiefs:  10 games

40 Rec (4 rec per game), 519 yards (51.9 yds/g), 3 TD's

If you average those 25 games out, then use his per game average to project a full 16 game season (something he has accomplished only once in 5 years, his rookie year) this is what he is getting paid $16m for:  51 Receptions, 711 yards, 7 TD's over a 16 game season.  

I mean come on...you cant really think thats worth $16m per in any circumstance?  Foster out performed him on a per game basis this year even.  And Foster literally makes 1/30th the amount of money Sammy makes...ONE THIRTIETH...thats a crazy difference in money.  

Foster in the 7 games after being brought back from being cut put up:  25 rec, 511 yards, and 3 TD's (and did this with a rookie QB, a bad OL, no run game, and weak WR/TE's around him).

Now lets take Fosters averages over the 7 games to see what he would have done over 10 to compare to Sammys 10 games.

Sammy:  40 Rec, 519 yards (51.9 yds/g), 3 TD's

Foster:  36 rec, 730 yards (73 yds/g), 4 TD's

Sammy: (#4 pick in the draft in 2014) made $16 million and played in an offense where Mahomes threw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs.  

Foster: (an UDFA rookie) made $525,000 and out performed Sammy on a per game basis under substantially worse conditions.

So I don't know anyone could say a sentence that has "I would rather pay Sammy $16M" in it.  At some point, he needs to produce and he hasn't produced outside of a 9 game stretch in 2015...4 years ago.  

1) Sammy got hurt so those stats are very misleading

2). The last 2 teams that had Sammy had the best offenses in the nfl.  People laugh at the decoy thing but good offense have multiple threats. 

3) no single GM would take Foster over Dammy, even with the money. 

4) if Sammy was in the Bills last year and was forced to get the ball, he would have had a monster season. 

I do freely admit the injuries completely killed what Sammy could be.  But comparing a guy like Sammy to Foster? Come on. Sammy was an all time great college receiver.  Foster did nothing in college and we cut him.  He is only in the Bills because no one signed him and our wrs sucked so bad.  It would be awesome if he turned into a real legit nfl receiver but it would be really hard to bet on that.  He is a 3 or 4 on a non bad offense.

• Like (+1) 1