Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Boldin also retired.  I think Tomlin infairly gets crap because he has some of the most selfish players in the history of the nfl.  Ryan Clark, Brown’s former teammate, said money made him a monster.  Dude just sucks a person. 

And McDermott is a good DC.  He also has put together two of the worst offenses in franchise history.  Hell, he couldn’t even get Jordan Phillips under control against Miami. 

all the lols

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope McDermott is paying you well for all the ️ Tickling you give him.  

Oooh. Salty. You know, since the evil bot left you're in the catbird seat for "most arrogant least valuable poster."

That take was trash.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Boldin also retired.  I think Tomlin infairly gets crap because he has some of the most selfish players in the history of the nfl.  Ryan Clark, Brown’s former teammate, said money made him a monster.  Dude just sucks a person. 

And McDermott is a good DC.  He also has put together two of the worst offenses in franchise history.  Hell, he couldn’t even get Jordan Phillips under control against Miami. 

No doubt Brown is a monster right now, but I have been critical of Tomlin for years.  Not impressed and I think he is over rated and would struggle to succeed without the insanely talented overall roster he has been blessed with through being employed by an excellent organization.  And again, both past and current players have been critical on how Tomlin handles these situations internally.  He let a lot of things slide, and then goes on to steam roll and become a massive problem like now, he gets to own his role in this and not just blame the players.

And again, we greatly disagree on McD still.  Some of you have a hard time separating "building" and "fielding" when it comes to whats on the field.  He didn't build our offense, he inherited a mediocre offense that was led by a QB who was not going to take us much further.  And McD is not the GM, Whaley and Beane are the GM's.  Yes McD is certainly involved like all HC's, but they had to rebuild and it took taking a step back to do so, like all rebuilds do, hence the word "rebuild" which by definition requires something to be taken apart before it can be built again.

So to say he put together two of the worst offenses is pretty shallow way of looking at it.  He fielded the team he mostly inherited his first year, they tore a lot of things down and took on dead cap money to get a massive amount of cap room this year, and poised to have $123m in cap space next year (most in the league, but of course that will be affected by all teams FA spending this year) to actually start building up the offense.  

To be honest, I really don't understand how you are so negative on the path to this point, you are a good poster so it throws me back you are so upset with this course of action that clearly worked.  They tore down, reset the foundation on both sides of the ball with Allen and Edmunds, and now will start building the structure on top of it with both the budget and draft picks to do so.  These were ALL good things for the future of the Bills and a lot to look forward to moving forward.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I took your title back? Big day for me!

and at least we got right of the black qb (worse passing qb ever you said! Well, we were a worse passing team this year) and our black GM.  That’s all that matters, right?

:lol:

behold the saddest return volley in the history of return vollies.

racists.jpg?w=656

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No doubt Brown is a monster right now, but I have been critical of Tomlin for years.  Not impressed and I think he is over rated and would struggle to succeed without the insanely talented overall roster he has been blessed with through being employed by an excellent organization.  And again, both past and current players have been critical on how Tomlin handles these situations internally.  He let a lot of things slide, and then goes on to steam roll and become a massive problem like now, he gets to own his role in this and not just blame the players.

And again, we greatly disagree on McD still.  Some of you have a hard time separating "building" and "fielding" when it comes to whats on the field.  He didn't build our offense, he inherited a mediocre offense that was led by a QB who was not going to take us much further.  And McD is not the GM, Whaley and Beane are the GM's.  Yes McD is certainly involved like all HC's, but they had to rebuild and it took taking a step back to do so, like all rebuilds do, hence the word "rebuild" which by definition requires something to be taken apart before it can be built again.

So to say he put together two of the worst offenses is pretty shallow way of looking at it.  He fielded the team he mostly inherited his first year, they tore a lot of things down and took on dead cap money to get a massive amount of cap room this year, and poised to have $123m in cap space next year (most in the league, but of course that will be affected by all teams FA spending this year) to actually start building up the offense.  

To be honest, I really don't understand how you don't connect the dots here on what really happened given you are a good poster.  They tore down, reset the foundation on both sides of the ball with Allen and Edmunds, and now will start building the structure on top of it with both the budget and draft picks to do so.  These were ALL good things for the future of the Bills.  

Unnecessary tear down.  People killed Whaley for trading up. We traded up for Allen and Jones instead of just taking Mahomes and JuJu. We traded up for Edmunds and two LBs who had better seasons were drafted after him.  They also created a bunch of dead money.  

I just feel there are double double standards in evaluating this regime and past Bills’ ones.  I mean that’s what fans do (I used to) but they have a ton to prove.  i hope they do but I’m not sold yet.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

behold the saddest return volley in the history of return vollies.

racists.jpg?w=656

Lots of double standards on how you evaluate Whaley and Tyrod compared to now.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Lots of double standards on how you evaluate Whaley and Tyrod compared to now.  

not really, i pretty much always thought they were garbage, bargain-bin options.

Tyrod, especially after he crapped all over himself against the giants at home and whaley when he traded two firsts for a WR who couldn't stay on the field.

Not to mention the overpayment of the likes of Clay.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

not really, i pretty much always thought they were garbage, bargain-bin options.

Tyrod, especially after he crapped all over himself against the giants at home and whaley when he traded two firsts for a WR who couldn't stay on the field.

Not to mention the overpayment of the likes of Clay.

Yet, Tyrod averaged more yards passing this year than Allen and the new regime’s record, after inheriting a 7-9 team, is the same exact record as Whaley first 2 years.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be honest, I really don't understand how you don't connect the dots here on what really happened given you are a good poster.  They tore down, reset the foundation on both sides of the ball with Allen and Edmunds, and now will start building the structure on top of it with both the budget and draft picks to do so.  These were ALL good things for the future of the Bills.  

It's about how inexplicably bad the offense was. It exceeded our already low expectations. 1st half of the season should have looked like the 2nd. And the reason is really simple.

Nothing to do with McDermott's grand team building scheme, but the quarterbacks and failed WRs he came out with. He's apparently learned by reversing the situation to a sort out the offense we should have seen in the 2nd half but a lot of us had alarm bells ringing on how bad things started out. We've already had our argument on Peterman and Kelvin so I'll just leave it at our offense could have been watchable and interesting at the very least with the exact same record and i would be more gung ho on the regime.

Neither of us think it will happen again sounds like so s'all in the past. Just hope McDermott is constantly learning and improving

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Unnecessary tear down.  People killed Whaley for trading up. We traded up for Allen and Jones instead of just taking Mahomes and JuJu. We traded up for Edmunds and two LBs who had better seasons were drafted after him.  They also created a bunch of dead money.  

I just feel there are double double standards in evaluating this regime and past Bills’ ones.  I mean that’s what fans do (I used to) but they have a ton to prove.  i hope they do but I’m not sold yet.

Its fair to not be sold, they are still early in this process, so I get not believing they will successfully get there yet.  

HOWEVER:  I think its 100% wrong to say it was an "unnecessary" tear down.  

1. This team was a mediocre roster at best when McD became coach.  
  2. Tyrod was not going to get us any further than he already had, and I was one who felt TT was better than most people though around here.  
  3. Mahomes was a polarizing prospect, and not even his most staunch supporters expected him to be as good as he was in his first year starting.
  4. McD took over a team that finished its previous season as tied for 3rd in total TD's (over the 15 weeks TT started, they sat him the final week) and was 27th in defense in the 15 games outside the Pats fluke shutout week 4 (was an anomaly that skewed season stats as Pats shut out had no Brady, no Jimmy, no Gronk, and Jacoby making his second start with a hurt throwing hand).  Pats would hang over 30 on us a handful of weeks later with Brady back.  
  5. Trading down in what was viewed as a risky QB class and picking up extra first round pick and what became an Elite CB was not so bad at the moment it happened.  And lets again keep in mind, even if someone wants to say McD ran the draft, he still made decisions based on the scouting work Whaley and HIS team did, not McD and Beanes current team.
  6. Its WAY too early to talk LVE vs Edmunds.  Different systems, different teams...both had good rookie years, but doesn't mean they are the same fit in every team.  Edmunds may very well prove to be the better player, or even the better player for this team and McD.  He isnt even 21 yet and really had a good rookie season that got better over the season. 

So I get you are not sold, and thats fair.  But you are also seem intent on twisting everything into a negative until they prove it completely wrong.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, Tyrod averaged more yards passing this year than Allen and the new regime’s record, after inheriting a 7-9 team, is the same exact record as Whaley first 2 years.  

Funny you say that and also do not see the irony of it.  So you are saying that McBeane has won the same while TEARING down the team as Whaley won with the team he built. 

During the tear down, McBeane has broken the 17 year playoff drought, and has the same record as the Whaley years when they were going all out to win now.  

So McBeane is winning the same with a lot less.  You still somehow cant see the positive in that and just said to me it was "unnecessary" tear down.  How is 7-9 and a 17 year drought an "unnecessary" tear down?

• Like (+1) 1

If Brown made the Bills a championship contender next year you would have to consider your options. However, I don't see the Bills being there with or without Brown. So for me stick to your rebuild plans and not be tempted by the quick fix answer which will most likely disappoint.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Another great Weo point. You mean second round pick Bell wasn’t a diva? Or 6th round pick Brown?  

And i I think you need to read up on Big Ben when Cowher was the coach.  They hated him in Pittsburgh because he was a Richard!

No, a 2nd round rookie and a 6th round rookie were not divas in their rookie years.  Why would you claim otherwise?

You said he had 3 "idiot divas 'forced on him'".  How were they 'forced on him" anyway?  He drafted them.

I was one of the guys on here that would like the Bills to sign him. After that video he posted of himself (Mr Big Chest - WTH!!), he looks out of his mind. A "little diva"? He's a full blown one. He's still super talented and worth his salary and a #1 round pick but he is toxic.

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, a 2nd round rookie and a 6th round rookie were not divas in their rookie years.  Why would you claim otherwise?

You said he had 3 "idiot divas 'forced on him'".  How were they 'forced on him" anyway?  He drafted them.

Right. A 6th round pick from the MaC definitely could be a diva. Are you serious?  Brown’s teammates say he changed once he got money and fame.  I blame Belichick for Aaron Hernandez by your logic.

42 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If Brown made the Bills a championship contender next year you would have to consider your options. However, I don't see the Bills being there with or without Brown. So for me stick to your rebuild plans and not be tempted by the quick fix answer which will most likely disappoint.

What star receivers really make you championship contenders? Big Ben, also an idiot, won 2 SBs without Brown.  The Pats had one of the weaker receiving groups in the nfl.

i grew up playing receiver but it’s one of the most overrated positions in football.  

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Right. A 6th round pick from the MaC definitely could be a diva. Are you serious?  Brown’s teammates say he changed once he got money and fame..  

Did Brown have money and fame week 1 of his rookie year?  Did Bell?  No.  Did they "change" at some pint later, obviously they did.

Look, you said they were divas that were forced onto Tomlin .  This is obviously untrue. 

Tomlin allows this culture to fester.  That should be clear to you by now.  This isn't a head scratcher...