Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

No doubt Brown has acted as a bit of a diva, but from where I sit - Ben Roethlisberger and Tomlin have not been exactly blameless. You just dont go on public radio and call out your pro-bowl WR. Also, it appears Tomlin has let Ben have a run of the place and instead of putting an end to childish behavior on both sides, by actively siding with Ben over AB and painting AB as a quitter, he has exacerbated the situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

No doubt Brown has acted as a bit of a diva, but from where I sit - Ben Roethlisberger and Tomlin have not been exactly blameless. You just dont go on public radio and call out your pro-bowl WR. Also, it appears Tomlin has let Ben have a run of the place and instead of putting an end to childish behavior on both sides, by actively siding with Ben over AB and painting AB as a quitter, he has exacerbated the situation. 

I can't think of a training camp in recent memory where Ben didn't openly ponder retirement leading to weeklong narratives regarding his commitment to the team.

Or a season in which he didn't publicly throw a coach, or teammate, or entire position group under the bus.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He needs to just log off

“Tell them I ain’t doing no un-guarantees. I ain’t even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. . . . I think I done everything. What y’all think? What’s left for me to do? Win a Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that, right? . . . If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them to call me.”

I think he said about 3 times how he won’t play in the NFL no more unless his money is guaranteed. I guess that answers the question of whether or not he will play on his current contract... 

I have been on the side that felt AB is worth getting, even though I did not expect us to.  I felt like McD is a strong coach and could manage his locker room compared to Tomlin who I think is overrated and done a poor job in the locker room.

HOWEVER:  AB keeps hurting his case more and more each day.  My opinion is now being swayed away from liking the idea of him coming here (even though I never really thought he would anyway).  His team around him is failing him poorly by not finding a way to keep this dude out of the media, some anonymous GM's have reportedly already said this stuff has changed their interest in him.  

I would be open to a trade for Julio, Green, or OBJ...but my preference is to stay young and drama free and go sign Humphries to lock down that Kupp/Edelman slot weapon for Josh (He is a definite upgrade to Zay IMO at that), then draft Metcalf or someone early, and then steal Marquise Brown in the 3rd after his injury.  

Sorry AB, been a big fan, but you have even lost my enthusiasm for you with your idiotic antics on social and the off field issues that have to come to light.  Bye Felicia 

DISCLAIMER:  I reserver the right to be excited if the best WR in football defies the odds and is traded to the Bills just on sheer fact I have a man crush on Allen and will be thrilled to see him have an Elite weapon now.  Until then, I reserve the right to say FU AB, you aren't worth the headache because you are too stupid to keep your mouth shut and your nose clean.

• Like (+1) 1

I will be surprised if a team offers a 1st for him. Not that he is not worth it but because he has hurt his trade value too much at this point. But you never know. I can

see the raiders over paying. I would definitely offer a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd. Is a swap of 1sts (9 for 20) too much?  

59 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think he said about 3 times how he won’t play in the NFL no more unless his money is guaranteed. I guess that answers the question of whether or not he will play on his current contract... 

This is the guy some folks here want as our #1 WR?! Dude has issues that we don't want/need. Just getting him to meetings on time is an issue(unless he gets a ride in a helicopter). No Thanks.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have been on the side that felt AB is worth getting, even though I did not expect us to.  I felt like McD is a strong coach and could manage his locker room compared to Tomlin who I think is overrated and done a poor job in the locker room.

HOWEVER:  AB keeps hurting his case more and more each day.  My opinion is now being swayed away from liking the idea of him coming here (even though I never really thought he would anyway).  His team around him is failing him poorly by not finding a way to keep this dude out of the media, some anonymous GM's have reportedly already said this stuff has changed their interest in him.  

I would be open to a trade for Julio, Green, or OBJ...but my preference is to stay young and drama free and go sign Humphries to lock down that Kupp/Edelman slot weapon for Josh (He is a definite upgrade to Zay IMO at that), then draft Metcalf or someone early, and then steal Marquise Brown in the 3rd after his injury.  

Sorry AB, been a big fan, but you have even lost my enthusiasm for you with your idiotic antics on social and the off field issues that have to come to light.  Bye Felicia 

DISCLAIMER:  I reserver the right to be excited if the best WR in football defies the odds and is traded to the Bills just on sheer fact I have a man crush on Allen and will be thrilled to see him have an Elite weapon now.  Until then, I reserve the right to say FU AB, you aren't worth the headache because you are too stupid to keep your mouth shut and your nose clean.

Um, we had a player quit at halftime.  How is McDermott better at locker room manangement than  Tomlin?  

Tomlin is getting a bunch bunch of crap because he has had 3 of the biggest idiots divas forced on him.  The problem is they have to put up with them because they are really good.  But you’re delusional if you think Brown would be any better citizen in Buffalo than playing for one of the most storied franchise, that is always in playoff contention, with a HOF Qb.  Brown, Bell, and Big Ben care more about themselves than the team.  Brown would be a disaster here. I’d put odds on him going the Davis route more than the Reed one.

Brown is an idiot and a cancer to a locker room (I hate using that word for sports but it’s true here).  Draft young, hungry guys (which Brown once was) for way less the price and headaches.  Honestly, and I normally support the players, I hope the Steeelrs just tell him to eff off and make him sit out the whole year.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He hates Ben

Man,  AB must REALLY be tired of averaging over 1500 per for the last 6 years!

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tomlin is getting a bunch bunch of crap because he has had 3 of the biggest idiots divas forced on him.

They weren't divas when they met Tomlin.

The guy is useless at this point.  How can the Steelers keep him at HC?  It's chaos. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Man,  AB must REALLY be tired of averaging over 1500 per for the last 6 years!

They weren't divas when they met Tomlin.

The guy is useless at this point.  How can the Steelers keep him at HC?  It's chaos. 

Another great Weo point. You mean second round pick Bell wasn’t a diva? Or 6th round pick Brown?  

And i I think you need to read up on Big Ben when Cowher was the coach.  They hated him in Pittsburgh because he was a Richard!

58 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Um, we had a player quit at halftime.  How is McDermott better at locker room manangement than  Tomlin?  

Tomlin is getting a bunch bunch of crap because he has had 3 of the biggest idiots divas forced on him.  The problem is they have to put up with them because they are really good.  But you’re delusional if you think Brown would be any better citizen in Buffalo than playing for one of the most storied franchise, that is always in playoff contention, with a HOF Qb.  Brown, Bell, and Big Ben care more about themselves than the team.  Brown would be a disaster here. I’d put odds on him going the Davis route more than the Reed one.

Brown is an idiot and a cancer to a locker room (I hate using that word for sports but it’s true here).  Draft young, hungry guys (which Brown once was) for way less the price and headaches.  Honestly, and I normally support the players, I hope the Steeelrs just tell him to eff off and make him sit out the whole year.

So considering I said all this were the reasons I am souring on Brown, not sure what you are trying to say to me as we seem to agree on the issue with Brown.

However, I disagree on Tomlin and greatly disagree about what you said about McD and having a player quit at halftime.  

First, Tomlin to me is a bit over rated.  His makes so many poor choices in games that it baffles me he doesn't get more flack.  And since he has been HC (2007), his rosters have been one of the most talented overall during that span, yet he has never gotten to the SB but one the time in 2009.  Most importantly, both current and past Steeler players have voiced issues with how he handles the locker, to say its 100% the fault of those 3 players and assign no responsibility to the coach for letting those 3 players be that way is baffling to me.  Its not like AB, Bell and Big Ben are the first players to ever have big egos or personalities to manage.  So to act like Tomlin has no responsibility in this situation makes no sense.

Second, and the thing I massively disagree with is this comment about a player retiring at halftime as if that is somehow a reflection on McD and how he runs his locker room and team.  The actions of one man, who just lost his will to play...to play a game where its unforgiving physically and needs 100% commitment to lay your health and future on the line...quits on a team, doesn't mean McD runs a bad locker room.  Is Andy Reid running a bad locker room because Hunt went out and did something stupid?  

Vontae Davis...who had no history with this team, staff, or players...went from being a premiere player in this league to getting utterly scorched every time out on the field, even in preseason.  It was so bad, he almost didn't make the roster and was even a healthy scratch at one point.  Between how he felt about his body and the embarrassment of not being able to play well anymore, he made a decision to quit.  This team went on to rally the very next week where the D came together and we went in and did what everyone said was impossible and beat the Vikings decisively on the road.  That was a huge testament to McD and how he runs his locker room and how the players respond to him.  

So sorry, no disrespect but I cant not possibly disagree with you more about this over exaggerated Davis retiring thing.  McD has coached his tail off here and took a defense after that point and let it being the #2 unit in the league DESPITE all the offensive struggles with a rookie QB, 4 starting QBs due to injury, etc.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

So considering I said all this were the reasons I am souring on Brown, not sure what you are trying to say to me :)  

However, I disagree on Tomlin and greatly disagree about what you about McD and having a player quit at halftime.  First, Tomlin to me is a bit over rated.  His makes so many poor choices in games that it baffles me he doesn't get more flack.  And since he has been HC (2007), his rosters have been one of the most talented overall during that span, yet he has never gotten to the SB but one the time in 2009.  Most importantly, both current and past Steeler players have voiced issues with how he handles the locker, to say its 100% the fault of those 3 players and assign no responsibility to the coach for letting those 3 players be that way is baffling to me.  Its not like AB, Bell and Big Ben are the first players to ever have big egos or personalities to manage.  So to act like Tomlin has no responsibility in this situation makes no sense.

Second, and the thing I massively disagree with is this comment about a player retiring at halftime as if that is somehow a reflection on McD and how he runs his locker room and team.  The actions of one man, who just lost his will to play...to play a game where its unforgiving physically and needs 100% commitment to lay your health and future on the line...quits on a team, doesn't mean McD runs a bad locker room.  Is Andy Reid running a bad locker room because Hunt went out and did something stupid?  

Vontae Davis...who had no history with this team, staff, or players...went from being a premiere player in this league to getting utterly scorched every time out on the field, even in preseason.  It was so bad, he almost didn't make the roster and was even a healthy scratch at one point.  Between how he felt about his body and the embarrassment of not being able to play well anymore, he made a decision to quit.  This team went on to rally the very next week where the D came together and we went in and did what everyone said was impossible and beat the Vikings decisively on the road.  That was a huge testament to McD and how he runs his locker room and how the players respond to him.  

So sorry, no disrespect but I cant not possibly disagree with you more about this over exaggerated Davis retiring thing.  McD has coached his tail off here and took a defense after that point and let it being the #2 unit in the league DESPITE all the offensive struggles with a rookie QB, 4 starting QBs due to injury, etc.  

Boldin also retired.  I think Tomlin infairly gets crap because he has some of the most selfish players in the history of the nfl.  Ryan Clark, Brown’s former teammate, said money made him a monster.  Dude just sucks a person. 

And McDermott is a good DC.  He also has put together two of the worst offenses in franchise history.  Hell, he couldn’t even get Jordan Phillips under control against Miami.