Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hates Ben

One of my son’s closest friends is on Pitt’s baseball team, and he has gotten to know a bunch of the Pitt football players. Pitt practices basically alongside the Steelers, and apparently all of my son’s friend’s acquaintances on the Pitt football team (to a man) say that Roethlisberger is a gargantuan a-hole. Apparently Aaron Donald (pitt alum; stays in touch with the program) is a genuinely nice and good guy. Smith-Schuster is liked too.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, they are both POS.  Ben does have 2 rings though and is doing good at pretending to have “grown up.”

See my post above, CB.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...would not surprise me one bit if Big Ben wasn't the catalyst for the malcontents in the Kardashian like Steelersville drama......and Caitlin Tomlin is clueless....

The Quarterback sets the tone for the team in many ways because he's usually close to ownership and is generally looked upon to be the general. From all accounts, this fella doesn't put in much work in the off season and doesn't appear to be respected in his locker room. It seems as though the suggestion is that Roethlisberger gets away with quite a bit of slacking off and that could very well contribute to alot of players developing a chip on their shoulder.

I'm not sure what's what inside that locker room, but that's the way it APPEARS from the periphery.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2019 at 12:48 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Bet we can get him for a second.  And if so...

Do it.  

He would probably want to restructure and get more money. Not worth the potential headache.

I see no way he plays in Buffalo under the original terms of his contract.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:21 PM, Mat68 said:

Buy low.  There is enough here to make his market soft.  Land Brown with 2 or 3 and that's a win.  Pittsburgh is up against it and do not have any real leverage.

I don’t think paying what it takes is salary and assets to get Antonio Brown would qualify as “buy low” ?

On 2/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2019, 5:56 AM EST

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson has been making eyes at Antonio Brown, the wide receiver the Steelers are expected to trade soon. The oddsmakers have noticed.

When one sports books put odds on the team Brown will play for in Week One, the Cardinals were first, at +450 odds.

Other teams listed as potential Brown landing spots were the 49ers and Dolphins at +550, Packers and Colts at +700 and Raiders at +900.

The odds of the Steelers keeping Brown are at +500.

I'll take the Bucs for a reunion with Arians

• Like (+1) 1