Bills sign C Spencer Long to 3 year deal

One Buffalo

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was told he would “compete” for the C position. He could end up anywhere or nowhere

I hope that there are still three new starters to be found on the OL in FA/Draft and he ends up being a depth option...

If Long is our 6th Best OL come opening day then Beane has done a pretty good job I think..

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I hope that there are still three new starters to be found on the OL in FA/Draft and he ends up being a depth option...

If Long is our 6th Best OL come opening day then Beane has done a pretty good job I think..

I would like to see him at one of the starting Guard positions. But that’s just based on what I’ve read. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would like to see him at one of the starting Guard positions. But that’s just based on what I’ve read. 

Fair enough.. he will be competing against Teller and someone not on the roster as yet..maybe someone like Chris Lindstrom that they could consider in the 2nd Round..

My hope would be that the younger guys win out as this would be the better longer term option..

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We got a steal on this contract...

It was an insurance signing with the possibility if added guard depth. Looks like a great signing now. They knew they were gonna go after a top C hard which meant, if they got one, they could just slide Long to guard and have him compete there. If we somehow struck out in FA on a center then we at least got a guy in competition. Also protects against a Morse injury

Now knowing we have Morse, I love having Long compete at guard.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Agreed on this.

I was skeptical ( to say the least) at first about this deal, but now I think he sees out the three years here..

I didn't like it, but the $ being tossed around now - I love it

• Like (+1) 1