Bills sign C Spencer Long to 3 year deal

One Buffalo

39 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I don’t come here to talk smack. I come here for opposing views. It’s not my problem that you don’t like it

If that's really your purpose, perhaps you should take a moment to check yourself and see how you come off to others. It appears you lack self-awareness. You're on another team's message board acting pissy with people because they aren't pleased to see you. I can see you going to someone's house for a group dinner and complaining to the host that they didn't plan the meal around your gluten-intolerant, vegan diet.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

If that's really your purpose, perhaps you should take a moment to check yourself and see how you come off to others. It appears you lack self-awareness. You're on another team's message board acting pissy with people because they aren't pleased to see you. I can see you going to someone's house for a group dinner and complaining to the host that they didn't plan the meal around your gluten-intolerant, vegan diet.

He is doing that on purpose for the host - does not want to release a lot (more) gas!

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I don’t come here to talk smack. I come here for opposing views. It’s not my problem that you don’t like it

I'm just taking this as you're a Jets fan and thought Spencer Long was not good. I've never noticed you trolling here. I'm sure you have watched this guy more than the Bills fans here have.

Some people get all worked up when you question a new player, signing or other move.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Drought said:

I'm just taking this as you're a Jets fan and thought Spencer Long was not good. I've never noticed you trolling here. I'm sure you have watched this guy more than the Bills fans here have.

Some people get all worked up when you question a new player, signing or other move.

Just basing off his play with us last season. For all I know it could be the way our coaching staff played him, who knows. I just don’t think it’s a good signing.

5 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Just basing off his play with us last season. For all I know it could be the way our coaching staff played him, who knows. I just don’t think it’s a good signing.

You paid him $7mil last year.. we are paying him chump change..

Anybody still complaining about this signing needs to watch his Jets highlight video that somebody posted earlier in this thread. In what was supposedly "a terrible season that got him cast off the Jets", he sure put together some nice tape. Of course it only shows the good plays, but it looks a lot better than any highlight plays from Ducasse, Miller, or Teller. He really moves well.

Now he did look much better at Guard than Center, but the guy can play. I see him starting at OG for us and having a solid season, I think we get a Center somewhere else.

Long was just on Sirius NFL - did anyone catch it?  

Stupid work got in my way.  

It's like, yeah everyone, I know this conference call was scheduled for 2:30 by ME, but look at Sirius for goodness sake, there's a Bills player on!!! :beer: 

The long contract is so damn good, at worst he's going to end up a versatile backup that we can dump after 1 season.  We can still address the C position with a higher profile FA (Morse, Paradis) or draft one and have Long at the G or have him backup both C and G positions and dump Bodine for a modest dead cap of like 500k

Bills have been good at grabbing guys willing to take a team friendly deal and betting on themselves being able to use their opportunities here to be awarded more.  Trent Murphy and Long are perfect examples.  I hope we are able to do another type contract with Jason Verrett, CB from the chargers who's been really unlucky with injuries, back to back seasons with season ending knee surgery and then Achilles in training camp this season.  It goes to show what the LAC think of the guy because they want to retain him even though he hasn't played in 2 full years

Edited by Laughing Coffin