Bills sign C Spencer Long to 3 year deal

One Buffalo

13 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I was pretty cranky that day. Turns out it was a great contract for the team and Beane did a great job. Hope he turns out to be a good player. My complaint about Long being the highest paid o lineman and Bodine and Ducasse next in line was more about the lack of talent on the Bills line. Last year's fa pickups were uninspiring to say the least and I was concerned this year would be more of the same. If they are gonna spend for talent in fa I am hoping the line is a major focus. 

so you are go ahead and disagree with me on the internet and then take in information exchanged in the discussion and reevaluate?

this is not the internet i grew up with.  can't even get into a flame war over a signing i won't remember in 4 weeks anymore.

i guess it's back to yelling at stop signs for me.

• Like (+1) 1

The fact that there was no signing bonus makes this an outstanding signing by Buffalo.  There were reasons why Long struggled at center for the Jets.  I wouldn't write him off because he couldn't execute a shotgun snap with a torn ligament in his finger.  Bring him in.  Let him compete.  If he can't, you tell him goodbye, and there is zero cap issue.

• Like (+1) 1

The only thing this signing tells me is that the Bills know there is gonna be a ton of competition for the top OL free agents.  So might as well grab a guy now who at worst is your primary backup interior lineman.  Realistically, Bills will be lucky to land 1 of the top free agents like Paradis, Morse or the RT from Carolina.  In a perfect world, Bills sign a top flight OL and a top flight Offensive skill position player in free agency.  Then back that up in the draft with another top flight OL and offensive skill position player with their top 2 picks.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, Logic said:

I love the fact that the Long signing actually motivated a couple of Jets fans to come over and post their opinions.

As I see it, the Jets' below average GM overspent on an injury prone player who is average to good when healthy, watched him get injured, saw that he wouldn't necessarily be a good fit with the scheme Gase wants to run, and had to cut their losses. The Bills have now signed him to a much more reasonable contract with the hopes that he can return to health and, thus, effective play. Time will tell. 

And now, a live look at new Jets coach Adam Gase:

Image result for adam gase crazy face

He wasn't below average on Washington. His only below average season was in NY. Let's hope a return to good health and a better scheme fit help him return to his previously high level of play. As has been mentioned, he represents an upgrade over what the Bills had, at the very least.

Prompted Jets fans to come over here? Lol, I will be happy to read the posts complaining about his play next season

13 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The only thing this signing tells me is that the Bills know there is gonna be a ton of competition for the top OL free agents.  So might as well grab a guy now who at worst is your primary backup interior lineman.  Realistically, Bills will be lucky to land 1 of the top free agents like Paradis, Morse or the RT from Carolina.  In a perfect world, Bills sign a top flight OL and a top flight Offensive skill position player in free agency.  Then back that up in the draft with another top flight OL and offensive skill position player with their top 2 picks.  

I will be surprised if OBD goes offense with their first two picks

5 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Spam? You must not understand what spam is

We understand spam (it’s a crappy meat product in a can) and trolls (creepy green things living under a bridge). Spamming trolls apply figuratively and literally to EVERY Jets fan. What’s not to understand?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Prompted Jets fans to come over here? Lol, I will be happy to read the posts complaining about his play next season

When he’s sitting on the bench as up, and getting paid not nearly what you guys sign him for? 

Weird flex, but okay. 

Edited by Captain Murica

8 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'll never understand why fans of other teams create accounts here just to talk smack. At least people like @Ice bowl 67 come in and ask pertinent questions and are cordial. Seems like a waste of time.

Ice bowl isn't cordial. He/she is condescending.

10 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'll never understand why fans of other teams create accounts here just to talk smack. At least people like @Ice bowl 67 come in and ask pertinent questions and are cordial. Seems like a waste of time.

Yeah, I don’t understand it either. I’ve never created an account on a Pats or Jests board to talk smack or get them riled up. They must be seeking attention in anyway or form they can get it, even if it’s negative. 

Plus, the Jests are just the mutant brother of the giants they keep locked up in the basement.

jetsjest.jpg

Edited by Captain Murica

Could be in store for a nice bounce back year and Bills got him on the cheap of that is the case. Dude must have been a pretty good player to get that contract from the Jets...

Edited by matter2003

On 2/17/2019 at 9:20 PM, ndirish1978 said:

I don’t come here to talk smack. I come here for opposing views. It’s not my problem that you don’t like it