Bills sign C Spencer Long to 3 year deal

One Buffalo

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I hope i'm wrong but even without financial details - signing him to a 3 year deal doesn't scream tryout or backup to me. Seeing what he made in New York, I doubt he's coming at league minimum. 

I'm afraid that they did their homework on Paradis and that this says he's not coming.

May or may not have anything to do with Paradis or any other Center. They may have signed him to replace Groy and compete for a G position with versatility to back up at C. I agree 3 years says starter more than backup, but that’s not too surprising since he’s always been a starter. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Don't panic yet folks.

When was the last time the Bills had some decent depth on the OL.

The panic should only start if Long winds up being the starting C. If he starting at the G's, it is better than what they had, but still this should only be a depth signing.

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

Well mediocre is a huge upgrade for our oline. At this point we just need to add some NFL talent to the oline, even if it is only mediocre. Hopefully he will end up as a backup after the draft. I think that is where we are going to address the C position. But at least we have a guy that can play and not get our franchise QB killed. Last year was embarrassing, it was the worst oline I have witnessed.

He’s not an awful guard tbh. He moves decently. But huge problems pass protecting at C and not so great at run block.

LG is probably where he should be. He’s average there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

May or may not have anything to do with Paradis or any other Center. They may have signed him to replace Groy and compete for a G position with versatility to back up at C. 

They have 4 interior lineman either UFA or 1 year away. I'm figuring this is cheap depth signing. 

1 minute ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Sounds like you're just saying he messed up shotgun snaps because of the finger

Probably tbh. Bowles left him in there for no reason. We had a decent enough back up Center. I don’t expect him to botch snaps when he’s healthy but doesn’t really do much as a Center anyway. Move him to guard and you have a viable back up. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

May or may not have anything to do with Paradis or any other Center. They may have signed him to replace Groy and compete for a G position with versatility to back up at C. I agree 3 years says starter more than backup, but that’s not too surprising since he’s always been a starter. 

If the Bills are serious about upgrading the OL, they should be big players for Morse or Paradis, and an OT.

If this is their only interior acquisition, then we should have a major problem with this signing.

Again, signing Long should NEVER take the Bills out of the mix for the big FA C's.

• Like (+1) 1