Can someone explain Grammy song of the year to me ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Are you seriously thinking Jethro Tull is heavy metal?  You need some educatin', boy.

Sorry, apuz, I just saw that the Grammy idiots voted Tull as best heavy metal band. Do those knuckleheads even listen to the music???

Yup, they beat Metallica for Metal Album years ago, been one of the biggest jokes that they won it and were in that category to begin with.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

It's just a sign of the times. Rock/alternative music is all but dead due to lack of cd sales. The song is ok, but not song of the year by any means. Also the grammys tend to follow culture trends , so not surprised a song with a cultural message won. I said before the grammys even started Sunday night that there would be a heavy pro woman theme and low and behold they open with 4 super well known/famous woman. It's Hollywood, what do you expect. This is America 

I believe they also gave out all the metal, rock, and alternative awards before the show started, like how they give out most of the technical Oscar's the night before at a different show.

Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, Tonies, Golden Globes... all self-sucking self-worship tributes  to themselves.

None of their opinions are worth a dime . Certainly, I’ve  had much more intelligent discourse on this website than we’ll see on television, particularly the extremely piss-lousy awards shows.

JMHO

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, Greta Van Fleet, for example, can suck my balls.  That being said, was so happy for Kacey Musgraves and Brandi Carlile with their Grammy awards, very well deserved

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You love every song by every musician though. 

Edited by The Poojer
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t get it.    Hundreds of songs and people chose this ?      Seems fake.   

Since this has yet to be answered after 2 pages of people circle jerking about rock and roll or metal, I'll just quote a comment from the comment section.

He’s smiling and dancing to distract you from the horrible stuff behind him, just like how entertainment distracts us from whats really happening in our societies.

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Real music went out about 1993. What we have in its place is electronic pollution generated by an algorithm. I guess that saves the millenials from the tiresome concept of music lessons

there are still some great singers making music.  I enjoy "pure" voices.  

Many bands in the 70's and 80's sounded great in the studio with electronic filtering and sounded horrible live.  

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Real music went out about 1993. What we have in its place is electronic pollution generated by an algorithm. I guess that saves the millenials from the tiresome concept of music lessons

We're just living in a big simulation, man....

On a serious note, Spotify (and the like) is the greatest thing to happen to music since the Beatles. It exposes you to so many current artists that are putting out brand new music you actually want to listen to.

Rock isn't dead. It's just not the popular kid anymore.

• Like (+1) 1