Can someone explain Grammy song of the year to me ?

Teddy KGB

31 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wrong.     Kodak Blacc and the Migos get airtime in my car 

Woke agenda cringe overload 

Childish Gambino gets airtime from tons of young bloods. He's not typically a "woke" artist he just wrote a song that's gonna pander to a ton of people and get popular. Which is what you do if you're a successful musician making a rap single and want to win a grammy and tons of $$$.. which is what the grammy's are about every year: pandering.. which is why the grammy's suck and you should never watch or care who wins again. Uproxx and the Ringer or Rolling Stone.. stick to magazine reviews for your favorite artists/genre and STAY AWAY FROM THE GRAMMY'S. WORST AWARDS SHOW / INDICATION OF HIT SINGLE EVER.

That said, Childish Gambino.. I'm a fan but he has some pretty ratched random songs. Haven't heard this one.. could suck. But Grammy's give it to pandering artists.. as is tradition. He certainly isn't the leader of the Woke agenda. Just a rapper with a dope woke *** single [according to grammy's]. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Childish Gambino gets airtime from tons of young bloods. He's not typically a "woke" artist he just wrote a song that's gonna pander to a ton of people and get popular. Which is what you do if you're a successful musician making a rap single and want to win a grammy and tons of $$$.. which is what the grammy's are about every year: pandering.. which is why the grammy's suck and you should never watch or care who wins again. Uproxx and the Ringer or Rolling Stone.. stick to magazine reviews for your favorite artists/genre and STAY AWAY FROM THE GRAMMY'S. WORST AWARDS SHOW / INDICATION OF HIT SINGLE EVER.

That said, Childish Gambino.. I'm a fan but he has some pretty ratched random songs. Haven't heard this one.. could suck. But Grammy's give it to pandering artists.. as is tradition. He certainly isn't the leader of the Woke agenda. Just a rapper with a dope woke *** single [according to grammy's]. 

Agree it’s not on him.    He’s a Cali guy with the same message as NWA etc.  

This lady probably made the call 

hippie-artist-ann-cohen-drawing-at-a-caf

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I remember they gave one to Jethro Tull and since then I’ve had a dozen fans angrily inform me the albums from the early 70s were garbage compared to the later stuff...

This was famous because it took the Grammy away from Metallica's "black" album that year. 

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I went nostalgic 

With a little help from my friends

Great album, always at hand

35 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

This was famous because it took the Grammy away from Metallica's "black" album that year. 

Uy yi yi....

I'm sure I'm not even close to the demographic that song is intended for, but I thought it was completely awful.  Reminded me of that bumper sticker "It's not that I'm old, your music really does suck"

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

And no one was more surprised than Jethro Tull, as evidenced by their ad in Rolling Stone.

1989d.jpg

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I'm sure I'm not even close to the demographic that song is intended for, but I thought it was completely awful.  Reminded me of that bumper sticker "It's not that I'm old, your music really does suck"

And no one was more surprised than Jethro Tull, as evidenced by their ad in Rolling Stone.

1989d.jpg

For clarity  (some don't know) 

Jethro Tull is a band 

Ian Anderson is the lead singer  / flute player    

10 seconds in 

Oscar:
I tell you one thing that really drives me nuts, is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band.

Dr. Banks:
Who's Jethro Tull?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Nothing says metal like a flute........

I would have voted for his earlier hit, the theme from "Troy and Abed in the morning" over this one.

I think this may have been the Grammys trying to make peace with him and Drake and whomever else decided to sit out performing because "the academy is not diverse enough"

Are you seriously thinking Jethro Tull is heavy metal?  You need some educatin', boy.

Sorry, apuz, I just saw that the Grammy idiots voted Tull as best heavy metal band. Do those knuckleheads even listen to the music???

Edited by Poleshifter

4 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

It's because it's the wokest song of all the woke songs judged by the wokest people.

I recommend that you attend sensitivity training until you are as woke as you should be.

#OrangeManBad

Being located in Virginia, all the Sensitivity classes are booked thru 2021.   Not understanding pop music can also be seen as a sign of aging.

• Haha (+1) 1

Can’t help you teddy... 

The only part of the Grammy’s I caught was the “best song of the year”, as it just so happened to be on when I walked in the room. 

I did not know a single song or artist up for best song of the year.... 

Edited by BillsFan4

It's just a sign of the times. Rock/alternative music is all but dead due to lack of cd sales. The song is ok, but not song of the year by any means. Also the grammys tend to follow culture trends , so not surprised a song with a cultural message won. I said before the grammys even started Sunday night that there would be a heavy pro woman theme and low and behold they open with 4 super well known/famous woman. It's Hollywood, what do you expect. This is America 

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

517fEW0xJ4L.jpg

Myself, I gladly plead guilty to that moniker.

I watched an interview with Van Morrison a few years back - he was asked which new musicians he listens to...

His reply, “None... there’s nothing new or original...all of it has already been done!”

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It's just a sign of the times. Rock/alternative music is all but dead due to lack of cd sales. The song is ok, but not song of the year by any means. Also the grammys tend to follow culture trends , so not surprised a song with a cultural message won. I said before the grammys even started Sunday night that there would be a heavy pro woman theme and low and behold they open with 4 super well known/famous woman. It's Hollywood, what do you expect. This is America 

Same thing for giving "Album of the Year" to a crappy country album. Country is the new bubblegum pop.

Grammy's are garbage. Who even cares about them anymore?

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Nothing says metal like a flute........

I would have voted for his earlier hit, the theme from "Troy and Abed in the morning" over this one.

I think this may have been the Grammys trying to make peace with him and Drake and whomever else decided to sit out performing because "the academy is not diverse enough"

i was mocked  got all kinds of sideways looks for saying Tull was metal back in the day. until, that is, they actually won the best metal award for Crest of a Knave.

as an aside, does anyone remember WSYR and the days of early metal?

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Myself, I gladly plead guilty to that moniker.

I watched an interview with Van Morrison a few years back - he was asked which new musicians he listens to...

His reply, “None... there’s nothing new or original...all of it has already been done!”

By 1974