Looking Back I wish we traded for Mack

BillsFan1988

When u have a great player like this that wants to be in Buffalo wants to play for Buffalo and all it takes was 2 first rd pks and some cap space . Man we made a huge mistake not trading for Khalil .  Now we might spend this first on a DE that can't even play in the NFL. This class of DE's especially the ones projected to be on the board at #9 is not very good in my opinion. 

Just to think our defense finished #2 in the NFL but we only had 26 sacks on the season. Had we made that trade I think we had 50sks on the season and probably would of won 9 if not 10gms last yr. 

I realize Beane wants to build threw the draft but trading for Mack could of opened many doors for us especially in free agency.  I really believe players would look at the Bills as a prime destination.  We still would probably have close to 70mil to fill the holes. I'm pretty sure the Bills kicked the tires on Mack but weren't ready to pay the draft compensation required by the Raiders.

Looking back man I wish we traded for Mack.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

When u have a great player like this that wants to be in Buffalo wants to play for Buffalo and all it takes was 2 first rd pks and some cap space . Man we made a huge mistake not trading for Khalil .  Now we might spend this first on a DE that can't even play in the NFL. This class of DE's especially the ones projected to be on the board at #9 is not very good in my opinion. 

Just to think our defense finished #2 in the NFL but we only had 26 sacks on the season. Had we made that trade I think we had 50sks on the season and probably would of won 9 if not 10gms last yr. 

I realize Beane wants to build threw the draft but trading for Mack could of opened many doors for us especially in free agency.  I really believe players would look at the Bills as a prime destination.  We still would probably have close to 70mil to fill the holes. I'm pretty sure the Bills kicked the tires on Mack but weren't ready to pay the draft compensation required by the Raiders.

Looking back man I wish we traded for Mack.

The Bills tried to trade for Mack. The Raiders wanted to trade him out of conference. 

Just now, Jasovon said:

Which free agent WR or OL would help us this year? I see alot of depth guys but no number 1 WR or starting linemen.

You see no starting linemen in free agency? Really? There are no starting LTs but there are plenty of good quality starting interior guys and a couple of good starting right tackles.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Defense isn't the weakness on this team.

It's not a difference maker group. Mack would add that element.  We're talking more hurries, sacks, picks & fumbles he's an absolute game wreaker.

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My top 8 edge rushers all had double digit sacks in 2018.

Most of these interior players don't even have 10 career sacks in college.  The outside guys there stats are nothing special.  I just don't see special players Polite not special, Ferrell & Sweat i would stay away from these prospects.

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills tried to trade for Mack. The Raiders wanted to trade him out of conference. 

Idk if this is true. I'm thinking the Bills offered 1 first and maybe a 2nd but they didn't offer 2 firsts . Conference or not the Raiders known we were worse then the Bears. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

It's not a difference maker group. Mack would add that element.  We're talking more hurries, sacks, picks & fumbles he's an absolute game wreaker.

Most of these interior players don't even have 10 career sacks in college.  The outside guys there stats are nothing special.  I just don't see special players Polite not special, Ferrell & Sweat i would stay away from these prospects.

Idk if this is true. I'm thinking the Bills offered 1 first and maybe a 2nd but they didn't offer 2 firsts . Conference or not the Raiders known we were worse then the Bears. 

And the Jets were even worse then the Bills, yet...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/nfl-rumors-jets-made-big-khalil-mack-trade-offer-raiders-wanted-him-nfc%3famp

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They offered a 1st and a 2nd but we're willing to increase the offer . We don't know what that increase was. U might be right but if the Raiders were listening to offers as long as u give them more then the Bears u will have a great chance of landing him. 

BTW Khalil Mack had a big say in were he was landing because of the willingness to sign a longterm deal. Maybe he wasn't interested in playing for the Jets.

33 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

They offered a 1st and a 2nd but we're willing to increase the offer . We don't know what that increase was. U might be right but if the Raiders were listening to offers as long as u give them more then the Bears u will have a great chance of landing him. 

BTW Khalil Mack had a big say in were he was landing because of the willingness to sign a longterm deal. Maybe he wasn't interested in playing for the Jets.

You are kind of making a bunch of assumptions in this thread to fit your narrative that the Bills could have had him and chose not to. I’m simply going on what was reported - that the Bills were one the teams that made a strong offer, and that another afc team that was trying to trade for him believed the Raiders were focused on trading him out of conference. No one knows the exact offers or where he did and didn’t want to go. I’m just saying what was reported, you can decide what you believe in your own mind. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are kind of making a bunch of assumptions in this thread to fit your narrative that the Bills could have had him and chose not to. I’m simply going on what was reported - that the Bills were one the teams that made a strong offer, and that another afc team that was trying to trade for him believed the Raiders were focused on trading him out of conference. No one knows the exact offers or where he did and didn’t want to go. I’m just saying what was reported, you can decide what you believe in your own mind. 

Why would the Raiders care if Mack was on the Bills?  How would that hurt them?

13 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Unfortunately it was a year early for us. We didn't know if we were giving up the 1st overall pick or not. Great move by the Bears. Browns should've really made that move. They're a playoff team if they do and a Super Bowl contender this year if they did.

Mack would not have made the Browns a SB this year.  Bears are better overall and they were not a serious contender this past season, it turns out.