Was Josh Allen told not to check down?

billvernsays

I’m starting to think Josh Allen was instructed to not check check the past year. I think it was important for Allen/Dabol/McDermott to know what he can/can’t do. No one expected us to be decent this year, I think our agenda in 2018 was getting Josh Allen comfortable down the field.

Next year I think we see a monster improvement in accuracy and efficiency because we’ll have game plans designed to win with the talent to go along with it

14 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I’m starting to think Josh Allen was instructed to not check check the past year. I think it was important for Allen/Dabol/McDermott to know what he can/can’t do. No one expected us to be decent this year, I think our agenda in 2018 was getting Josh Allen comfortable down the field.

Next year I think we see a monster improvement in accuracy and efficiency because we’ll have game plans designed to win with the talent to go along with it

No, if you watch the games there are many times where there IS NO checkdown.  This was by design because with al the routes going deep, that left the middle of the field wide open for Allen to take off and use his legs to pick up yards as there was no way an MLB is going to be able to catch him in the open field.  Smart play design by Daboll to take advantage of things Allen does well .

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2