RIP Red Cashion

Rico

13 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Thats referee Ben Dreif.  Cashion was known for yelling first down with a lot of enthusiasm.

Then I sit corrected, I will take your word for it. Then again, I took Youtube's word for it that is was Cashion. It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

With most refs, you don't realize they're not working anymore until they die.  I have no idea when Cashion retired, but the memory of his calls is so fresh.

The exception to this of course is Ed Hochuli who thought his words of wisdom were the reason we all watched the game.  Happy happy happy that he's retired.

11 hours ago, ocemur said:

Then I sit corrected, I will take your word for it. Then again, I took Youtube's word for it that is was Cashion. It's almost like you can't trust the internet for 100% accurate information any more.

I think Cashion was also one of Nick O’Leary’s grandfathers.

15 hours ago, Utah John said:

With most refs, you don't realize they're not working anymore until they die.  I have no idea when Cashion retired, but the memory of his calls is so fresh.

The exception to this of course is Ed Hochuli who thought his words of wisdom were the reason we all watched the game.  Happy happy happy that he's retired.

Now I'd only his son wasn't on the field as well. Flag happy punk...