Rookie Grades series at NFL.com

GreggTX

On Darnold: 

The Jets are thrilled by the potential of Darnold, who looks like he might be able to develop into the franchise quarterback the team has sorely needed.

On Allen: 

Allen's evaluation depends on who you talk to: He's better than anyone else Buffalo had at the position after trading away Tyrod Taylor, but his passing at multiple depths of the field needs work. His big arm created some highlight completions, and his running ability was the talk of the town, but he's yet to prove he'll be "the guy" in Buffalo. He has the tools to improve, though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017446/article/afc-east-rookie-grades-sam-darnold-gives-jets-reason-to-hope

complete bs. 

Also, as per the OP's point, he references Jackson, the Pats UDFA CB, but not Wallace. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

On Darnold: 

On Allen: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017446/article/afc-east-rookie-grades-sam-darnold-gives-jets-reason-to-hope

complete bs. 

Also, as per the OP's point, he references Jackson, the Pats UDFA CB, but not Wallace. 

What a joke 

• Like (+1) 1

Absolutely absurd write-up.  Correct, no mention of Levi Wallace.  Where 3 Bills rookies (Allen, Foster, Wallace) would have been 1st round selection in the "redraft" article they published just last week. And I'm so sick of the accuracy topic on Allen.  The same redraft had him picked at #3 instead of #7, so that's higher, right? Has to be an 'A', lazy journalism.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, cage said:

Absolutely absurd write-up.  Correct, no mention of Levi Wallace.  Where 3 Bills rookies (Allen, Foster, Wallace) would have been 1st round selection in the "redraft" article they published just last week. And I'm so sick of the accuracy topic on Allen.  The same redraft had him picked at #3 instead of #7, so that's higher, right? Has to be an 'A', lazy journalism.

I mean sort of he was still the 3rd QB picked with the Giants taking Darnold.

It's lazy journalism and there really isn't an excuse for it. There are 32 teams in this league, if you're going to cover the NFL, you should have a working knowledge of all 32 teams beyond talking points and retweets. Bottom line is that was passes for journalism works in circles these days: 1- Uninformed person #1 writes a poor story; 2- "Insiders" retweet person #1's story; 3- A narrative is established.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

On Darnold: 

On Allen: 

complete bs. 

When I read stuff like this....I feel like I am watching Foxnews or something and someone trying to explain away what I am seeing with my own two eyes.......

Well yes......he showed he can do this but

meanwhile

Isnt this other guy just awesome just cuz we said so?

:)

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When I read stuff like this....I feel like I am watching CNN/MSNBC/CBS or something and someone trying to explain away what I am seeing with my own two eyes.......

Well yes......he showed he can do this but

meanwhile

Isnt this other guy just awesome just cuz we said so?

:)

Fixed it for ya. ;)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

On Darnold: 

On Allen: 

complete bs. 

the Jets should be thrilled with Darnold, he looks great and I have no doubt he'll be a star.    I think Allen will turn out to be a very good QB as well, but right now , Darnold is ahead, but not by much.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't get too worked up over this stuff.  Its hard to track every player in the league, much less a below 500 team's undrafted rookies, even if they provided significant contributions.  

I mean, it's not like it's this guy's job to do so...