Capaccio's top ten FA WRs

buffaloaggie

I want two of John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Golden Tate, or Adam Humphries.

I think we have to remember, though, that Buffalo has been one of the worst destinations for WR's for many years. It's going to take a couple seasons of Josh Allen slinging it before that changes. These guys might not want to come here unless we overpay a lot.

5 hours ago, 947 said:

OL is much easier to find in free agency. If we sign 2 guys, that frees us up to wait until the 3rd round for OL & take WR or TE early. I'd much prefer that route.

I don't necessarily agree with that. There will be a ton of competition for the quality Olinemen available, of those that don't resign with their respective teams. Oline is a problem all around the league. The decent ones that do hit free agency will get paid a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Moncrief's age, price and upside. I like TW next because he did produce when he wasn't buried in the depth chart but his price might be through the roof as the market is thin. I'd prefer to develop Zay in the slot, but Beasly would be cheaper than Humphries if you want to throw in the towel on Zay. John Brown seems to play a similar spot as Foster and Foster is much cheaper and looks to have more upside.. 

Edited by qwksilver

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

WGR doesn't let us Europeans in any more because of our little data protection regulation.... who was in Sal's top 10? In my mind it is a very, very thin group. 

Didn't realize you were in Europe. I have some of the same issues with various sites because I live in Japan.

1) Tyrell Williams

2) John Brown

3) Adam Humphries

4) Devin Funchess

5) Golden Tate

6) Cole Beasley

7) Randall Cobb

8 ) Donte Moncrief

9) Tavon Austin

10) Cordarrelle Patterson

Capaccio does have notes in here that some of these guys might cost too much, some are mostly slot guys and some are less receivers than "give him the ball in space" guys. I thought it was an interesting article.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m going draft for WR.. None of those free agent WRs will be worth the contracts they will get.  

Well, as buddy nix used to say, everybody overpays in free agency.  Hard to believe we couldnt retain Woods for $8m and now guys with less talent are getting $12m

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Well, as buddy nix used to say, everybody overpays in free agency.  Hard to believe we couldnt retain Woods for $8m and now guys with less talent are getting $12m

I am not sure we could have retained Woods for that to be honest. He wanted to go back to Southern Cal. The Buffalo price would have been higher I suspect. 

11 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm actually fine with them signing Funchess AS LONG AS they don't count on him to be the #1 or #2 receiver. Funchess is an 800-yards-per-year guy. That's a guy that can help your team.

If they were to sign Funchess to a reasonable contract but then also spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on WR, would it bother you?

Rookie
Foster
Jones
Funchess
Duke Williams
McKenzie

That's a pretty promising WR depth chart

The problem is they would sell him to the fans as a #1. I could just see Beane now making the comparisons to Anquan Bolden. Lol. I still can't believe he tried to sell Bolden like he was 26yrs old and in his prime when we signed him. 

Only two I’d pursue are 1. Humphries 2. Williams - in that order. 

The others I don’t want or know they won’t come here. I believe Tate already stated he wants a chance at a ring. Even me being the optimist I am at times, knows we are a few years away from competing for a playoff spot regularly(I hope). 

Funchess, is KB Lite without the production. John Brown, bleh, I think Foster is going to be better than him. Cobb has issues staying healthy. I’m not a fan of Moncrief at all. Patterson I wouldn’t mind because he can be used in multiple ways, also, he’d have to be an additional signing if we land one of the two mentioned above. I wouldn’t mind Beasley, just prefer Humphries over him due to age and the constant increase in production every year. 

Edited by Captain Murica

10 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I'd take Adam Humphries. Dependable and a safety valve for our young QB. 

Foster, Jones, Humphries, Williams, McKenzie and one of Metcalf/Butler/Harmon/Samuel/Ridley and our WR corps is really, really good in one off-season.

I think “really really good” is a really really big exaggeration.  ?

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I guess this could be a desperation move in September or October if all else fails.

If he had not torn his Achilles he was absolutely 100% my first choice to bring in. I'd have traded for him in season too. He is the perfect placeholder vet to lead and teach habits and take pressure off the young guys. With the injury I am sceptical. He wouldn't be 100% at all during camp.

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I really think Tavon Austin is a guy that can be used in a lot of ways and can really help us out. That’s a guy I would be very interested in and he should be overly expensive.

Austin has not been productive his entire career...the reason he can be used in a lot of ways is because he is not good enough to play one position.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Austin has not been productive his entire career...the reason he can be used in a lot of ways is because he is not good enough to play one position.

Tavon Austin is the Sam Bradford is receivers. Funny that the St Louis Rams basically sealed their fate with those guys.

Edited by C.Biscuit97