Capaccio's top ten FA WRs

buffaloaggie

There are probably 8-10 WRs in the draft with higher upside than Tyrell Williams. Signing him (and overpaying) would be really stupid. We'd end up with a marginal WR2 while watching guys we passed on to do so become top targets on other teams. 

It'd be the equivalent of us signing Terrelle Pryor in 2017 coming off a 1000 yard season, and passing on JuJu & Cooper Kupp in the draft because "our WR needs are now met".

I'm actually fine with them signing Funchess AS LONG AS they don't count on him to be the #1 or #2 receiver. Funchess is an 800-yards-per-year guy. That's a guy that can help your team.

If they were to sign Funchess to a reasonable contract but then also spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on WR, would it bother you?

Rookie
Foster
Jones
Funchess
Duke Williams
McKenzie

That's a pretty promising WR depth chart

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tavon Austin is never going to be good. He is one of the worst draft picks in recent history.  

That’s a lot of money invested in non star receivers.  I like both players but not at what they are going to get paid at.  There are guys just as good in this draft much, much cheaper.

Tavon Austin is great when used properly. He is a sweep/HB/slot/PR/KR/screen player. Ultimate X factor, if you have a good coach he will probably provide you with 10 game changing plays during the course of the year. Not an every down WR but I would be very excited if we signed him to compete with McKenzie.

31 minutes ago, 947 said:

There are probably 8-10 WRs in the draft with higher upside than Tyrell Williams. Signing him (and overpaying) would be really stupid. We'd end up with a marginal WR2 while watching guys we passed on to do so become top targets on other teams. 

It'd be the equivalent of us signing Terrelle Pryor in 2017 coming off a 1000 yard season, and passing on JuJu & Cooper Kupp in the draft because "our WR needs are now met".

We need oline so bad. The only way I can see us taking a WR before round 3 is if we trade down and acquire more picks. Hopefully that happens. If not we need to address the position in free agency.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

We need oline so bad. The only way I can see us taking a WR before round 3 is if we trade down and acquire more picks. Hopefully that happens. If not we need to address the position in free agency.

OL is much easier to find in free agency. If we sign 2 guys, that frees us up to wait until the 3rd round for OL & take WR or TE early. I'd much prefer that route.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Golden Tate and Williams.  Draft Hakeem Butler.  Add in the kid from Canada. Now we might have something.   Zay and Foster can compete for the 5th spot.

Haha I do love Hakeem Butler, but you're nuts if you think Tate or Williams will be as good as Foster next year.

They started targeting him in week 10, and he lit it up with elite production.  Got huge separation and caught everything.

His average from week 10 on puts him at almost 1200 yards and 7 TD's annually on a very reasonable target number .  Nobody could stay with the guy.

Tate was sub 800 and Williams at 650.  

I say with Duke, Hakeem Butler, Zay and Foster you'll have some excellent options.   Beane's not dumping money into another Jordan Matthews type guy just to have a name around.

1 minute ago, 947 said:

OL is much easier to find in free agency. If we sign 2 guys, that frees us up to wait until the 3rd round for OL & take WR or TE early. I'd much prefer that route.

I would be happy with that. Even if we sign two oline I would still like to take one in the first two rounds. It’s a strong OT class. I do like a lot of the second and third round WRs.

3 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Haha I do love Hakeem Butler, but you're nuts if you think Tate or Williams will be as good as Foster next year.

They started targeting him in week 10, and he lit it up with elite production.  Got huge separation and caught everything.

His average from week 10 on puts him at almost 1200 yards and 7 TD's annually on a very reasonable target number .  Nobody could stay with the guy.

I say with Duke, Hakeem Butler, Zay and Foster you'll have some excellent options.   Beane's not dumping money into another Jordan Matthews type guy just to have a name around. 

I don't care if he's got a name or not as long as he can catch a football better than Foster and they other guys we got.

11 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

That will be the best stretch of Foster’s career. I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

I could care less about names.....just give me a guy that will come in and not drop a pass that hits them right in the hands

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Golden Tate and Williams.  Draft Hakeem Butler.  Add in the kid from Canada. Now we might have something.   Zay and Foster can compete for the 5th spot.

Foster at the 5th spot? Lmao. He looked like a gem after he was called up. Nobody could handle his speed and he was finally catching almost everything it felt like

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

Tavon Austin is great when used properly. He is a sweep/HB/slot/PR/KR/screen player. Ultimate X factor, if you have a good coach he will probably provide you with 10 game changing plays during the course of the year. Not an every down WR but I would be very excited if we signed him to compete with McKenzie.

Tavon Austin played with Sean McVay and McVay had no use for him.

Austin sucks. It’s time for people to understand this.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Brown was on pace for well over 1000 yds on the season and was making big plays for Flacco before Jackson took over and rendered the wr’s obsolete in Balt. I’d welcome him with open arms. 

Also beasley would be a welcome addition. Surprised these 2 havnt been mentioned by others more in this thread. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1