Kyler Murray officially chooses Football over Baseball

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  It’s such a separate skill than most other athletic ones.  

Honestly, this is probably no lose for Murray. If he flames out in football, a baseball team will sign him for the PR alone.  For god sakes, Tim Tebow is going to camp with the Mets (As a Mets fan, they are way more embarrassing than the Bills).

They made the WS in 2015 and the playoffs the next season. They also went 97-65 in 06 and just missed the WS, and they went in 2000 (the first year of the Bills' drought). I don't see how you can say they're more embarrassing than the Bills. 

Edited by dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They made the WS in 2015 and the playoffs the next season. They also went 97-65 in 06 and just missed the WS, and they went in 2000 (the first year of the Bills' drought). I don't see how you can say they're more embarrassing than the Bills. 

Haha, maybe I over exaggerate but they are so frustrating.  They operate like a small market team (because of their owner got taken to the cleaners) and they always seem to sign guys I hate to contracts that they will never live up to (Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier).  They brought back Jose Reyes, after “allegedly “ beating his wife, and played him all season while he was batting like .175.  And they somehow only went 10-9 in one of the greatest pitching seasons in modern history with Degrom.

i think what makes it so frustrating is because I was kinda both a causal Mets/ Indians fan growing up in Buffalo (both were farm teams of the Bisons) but really dove in head first with the Mets because I spend so much time in NYC.  Honestly, I get when a small market like Buffalo struggles.  But it’s crazy when a big market team sucks.  

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, maybe I over exaggerate but they are so frustrating.  They operate like a small market team (because of their owner got taken to the cleaners) and they always seem to sign guys I hate to contracts that they will never live up to (Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier).  They brought back Jose Reyes, after “allegedly “ beating his wife, and played him all season while he was batting like .175.  And they somehow only went 10-9 in one of the greatest pitching seasons in modern history with Degrom.

i think what makes it so frustrating is because I was kinda both a causal Mets/ Indians fan growing up in Buffalo (both were farm teams of the Bisons) but really dove in head first with the Mets because I spend so much time in NYC.  Honestly, I get when a small market like Buffalo struggles.  But it’s crazy when a big market team sucks.  

They're probably going to be better this season. Cano is a huge pickup, and he's still extremely good. Christ, he had an OPS+ of 136 last season - in line with his better years.  If their staff stays healthy, it's among the best in MLB. 

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2019/2/7/18215693/pecota-2019-mets-baseball-prospectus-projections-89-wins

Edited by dave mcbride

To little too late. Teams want players with an singular, unconditional passion for football. Murray was clear a long time ago that this was a financial decision, by trying to hold up the A's for more money to forgo football. A lot of teams are going to have him flagged, and he may have very well cost himself several draft sport. Then again, it only takes one team to overlook that - I'd say Washington or Miami are the best bets. 

I think going with football makes sense for him.  I think he's too short to excel at either sport.  He's going to get all the guaranteed money plus probably stick around for the full amount of his rookie deal.  He'll go directly to the NFL.  If he chose baseball, he'd get a one-time bonus but then it's the minor leagues for a couple of years, making squat and riding buses.  Maybe he makes it to the show, maybe he doesn't, but if he doesn't there won't be any more serious money.  

Personally, if I had the athletic talent to play both sports at a high level, I'd choose baseball, but more for the long-term lifestyle and the better chance of a healthy life afterward. 

5 hours ago, billspro said:

I think they should. 

I wouldn't take him early. 3rd round maybe. Defenses will make him throw from the pocket. I think that will be his demise. He's like 5'8". He's gonna hit his oline in the back of the head. 

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I think going with football makes sense for him.  I think he's too short to excel at either sport.

There's this guy for the Astros named Jose Altuve. Just saying.

Either way, this is a good thing for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Considering that series of interviews Murray did for Gatorade, I would be surprised if he becomes a successful NFL QB.

He seemed to have zero personality. Perhaps that was due to his evasiveness about picking a sport, but it looked like a big red flag to me.

9 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

can't tell if it's a good gig. High pay, less pressure, less pain. But good God the travel, the bore, and hours must suuuck.

More hotties though. Baseball WAGs are always the best of the leagues.

That would be it for me.  The travel and the freakin bore of the game.  Rain delays and living in hotels with 80 plus road games. 

In football you have 8 road games, and its an action packed sport.

Baseball can be exciting, but damn the other 95% of the time I wanna take my own life watchin that sport zzzzzzzzzzz

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s up there

Trying to do a lot of other things in sports has the threat of bodily contact to take while doing it, sometimes the risk of severe injury from this contact is prominent

So does standing there when Verlander is hurling a hard object at you at 101 miles per hour.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

So does standing there when Verlander is hurling a hard object at you at 101 miles per hour.

Getting hit by a baseball hurts but is not destroying a player, they wear all kinds of plastic to protect themselves 

i wiukd rather get get hit by a baseball than take a mid-level hit by an NFL linebacker or NHL defenseman

Edited by row_33