Kyler Murray officially chooses Football over Baseball

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, why does it matter how big you are in baseball? If anything, being shorter is probsbly an advantage because you have a smaller strike zone and a guy like Murray is someone you want to get on base by any means.

I could have listed many examples of MLB players and all the reasons you cite are valid, but Altuve is MAYBE 5'6", so that completely takes Murray's height of 5'10" or 5'11" off the table in baseball. A few QB's named Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Baker Mayfield are doing pretty well in football as well. The height thing is antiquated. 

But the main thing for us is that the more QB's available in the draft, the better.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I don’t know what we even discussing anymore haha.  I wasn’t sure if the Flutie comment was a put down or compliment. 

No, I fully expect Murray to go in the 1st half of Round 1 :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

No, I fully expect Murray to go in the 1st half of Round 1 :)

Me too, haha.  It will be possibly the most interesting qb prospect ever.  I just can’t imagine him not getting hurt every year though the baseball background could help him like Russell Wilson.

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I could have listed many examples of MLB players and all the reasons you cite are valid, but Altuve is MAYBE 5'6", so that completely takes Murray's height of 5'10" or 5'11" off the table in baseball. A few QB's named Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Baker Mayfield are doing pretty well in football as well. The height thing is antiquated. 

But the main thing for us is that the more QB's available in the draft, the better.

I bet Murray is 5’9” he looks tiny out there.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Me too, haha.  It will be possibly the most interesting qb prospect ever.  I just can’t imagine him not getting hurt every year though the baseball background could help him like Russell Wilson.

Murray can throw a football. That is what I do know. The question will be him getting into the right system and if he can find his throwing lanes. He's definitely as short as they come for a QB. He succeeded in college in a Spread system. I think he will need a lot of looks from Shotgun in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You might be right. But his skill set is pretty remarkable. With the way the game has evolved, I could see him succeeding. Really could. He's a little shorter than the guys I mentioned, but his mobility/arm talent is probably superior. QB's with baseball backgrounds have done pretty damn well in the NFL.

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You might be right. But his skill set is pretty remarkable. With the way the game has evolved, I could see him succeeding. Really could. He's a little shorter than the guys I mentioned, but his mobility/arm talent is probably superior. QB's with baseball backgrounds have done pretty damn well in the NFL.

But it’s not even the height. He might weight 175 lbs.  monster qbs get hurt.  

I thought he was great this year.  If he was even Baker’s size, that would be one thing.  But man, it’s a super risky move.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha .  I had seen a number of articles stating his real height was 5'9".    But  there seem to be rumors now that he's more like 5'8" .    At some point , height does matter.  

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Haha .  I had seen a number of articles stating his real height was 5'9".    But  there seem to be rumors now that he's more like 5'8" .    At some point , height does matter.  

I had always heard 5’8 1/2 during the season but we will get official measurement at combine in a couple weeks. Here he is next to (Tua in the middle) Haskins who is 6’3. Hard to tell as Haskins is leaning slightly and Kyler’s hair is worth at least an inch.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had always heard 5’8 1/2 during the season but we will get official measurement at combine in a couple weeks. Here he is next to (Tua in the middle) Haskins who is 6’3. Hard to tell as Haskins is leaning slightly and Kyler’s hair is worth at least an inch.

If eye level and seeing over the OL is what counts for QB’s, his eyes are closer to Tua than Tua’s are to Haskins.  

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

...put 'em next to Danny Divito....he'll look like 6'5"+............

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Murray just looks like a little boy.  And Tua’s height won’t be that big of a problem but he is definitely smaller than I thought.

i think Haskins is going to be a Star if he gets to sit behind Eli.  

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...put 'em next to Danny Divito....he'll look like 6'5"+............

That’s why all my friends are super ugly. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mickey Abbott says he's wearing lifts in his sneakers.

• Haha (+1) 1