Kyler Murray officially chooses Football over Baseball

YoloinOhio

Russell Wilson's success will make him a 1st round pick.  If he sucks he can go back to baseball.  You only live once and playing the peak position of the most popular US sports league is enticing even if it means less money and more potential long term health problems.  I hope he's drafted by the Fins and is a total bust.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No top forty, shorty?

But he’s sporty!

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

hopefully on a team i cheer for, but whom are we kidding any more....

‘Pull Together, Argos!’ ?  ?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Football is played with the intent to destroy the body and brain of your opponent.

And lining your pockets with bounty bucks, if Gregggggggggg is your coordinator / coach.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Getting hit by a baseball hurts but is not destroying a player, they wear all kinds of plastic to protect themselves 

i wiukd rather get get hit by a baseball than take a mid-level hit by an NFL linebacker or NHL defenseman

I agree, depending on where the fastball was going to hit me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Russell Wilson's success will make him a 1st round pick.  If he sucks he can go back to baseball.  You only live once and playing the peak position of the most popular US sports league is enticing even if it means less money and more potential long term health problems.  I hope he's drafted by the Fins and is a total bust.

Murray and Wilson are not alike.  Wilson is physically solid---at least 20lbs heavier and taller than Murray.  Plus, he had 3 full years of very good to great college staring play.  He left one school (because of baseball issues with his football coach) and walked into the Big 10 and again dominated.

Murray has had 1 season as starter.  He's tiny.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Baker Mayfield says hello!  

Right. He was also with Lincoln Riley.

I remembering reading an article that said almost every NFL team had sent someone down last off-season  to speak with LR about his scheme.

I didn’t watch much of the Sooners so I don’t have much of an opinion on KM. I do think he will be drafted early because the position he plays, the success he had and the familiarity with Riley.

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's this guy for the Astros named Jose Altuve. Just saying.

Either way, this is a good thing for the Bills.

Yeah, why does it matter how big you are in baseball? If anything, being shorter is probsbly an advantage because you have a smaller strike zone and a guy like Murray is someone you want to get on base by any means.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Murray is Doug Flutie all over again. Thank God we're not looking for a QB this year. 

But flutie would have been given more of a shot in the nfl today.  

14 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Right. He was also with Lincoln Riley.

I remembering reading an article that said almost every NFL team had sent someone down last off-season  to speak with LR about his scheme.

I didn’t watch much of the Sooners so I don’t have much of an opinion on KM. I do think he will be drafted early because the position he plays, the success he had and the familiarity with Riley.

Though they played in the same scheme, they are very different players. Murray is a much better athlete - he’s electric and elusive runner) and is accurate but not quite as accurate as Baker. The biggest difference (besides about 3 inches of height which is important in the NFL) is the experience. He’s only played one season and Baker played 4. I think Baker’s experience was a big key to his immediate success (along with his talent). This is also true of Haskins. I think both have potential but should sit a year personally. I know others have succeeded with one year of college starting experience but Imo they both need seasoning a la Mahomes redshirt year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Going to be interesting to see how things shake out leading up to the draft...

If Arizona picks Murray #1, it will be worse than when Josh McDaniels picked Tim Tebow and Kingsbury's tenure in Arizona will be just as short as McDaniels' time in Denver.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Going to be interesting to see how things shake out leading up to the draft...

Denver or some team should offer a 3rd for Rosen if the Cards are that stupid.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

What are you getting at? Are you saying because he was only a 1 sport athlete?

Flutie would be a 1st rounder in today’s nfl.