Kyler Murray officially chooses Football over Baseball

YoloinOhio

It’s good news for us for trade scenarios. 

But a terrible move on his part in my opinion. 

Baseball players make so much money. Long term health and financials baseball was such a better move. You don’t even have to be that good to make so much guaranteed money. 

• Like (+1) 4

The more QBs in the draft, the better for the Bills.  At least some mock drafters have him going in the top 8, which would be great for the Bills.  He's shorter than Baker  Mayfield, but only be a couple inches.  Mayfield seems to manage just fine, and I don't know that it would be any harder for Murray.  It is a given that whoever drafts him understands that teams' offense will have to be structured around Murray's skill set.

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Hopefully this will work to our advantage. Some team may fall in love with him at the combine and trade up with us.

Oh yeah this can only help us.   Remember how much the QB fever ramps up with all the workouts, interviews and combine stuff.   

Even if he doesn't go top 10, it's still one more player we don't need that someone else will burn a high pick on.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I could see a team like Miami drafting him. Curious to see how he does in the pros and I have my doubts. I think any team taking him in the 1st round would be making a mistake. The threat of him leaving to play baseball would always be hovering over team.

I don’t know about that baseball threat. His rookie deal will be five years long, he’ll be 26 when it expires, and thats old to begin your minor league career in pro baseball. And that’s assuming no erosion in his baseball skills in the interim. 

While I think he made the wrong decision in the long term, I can’t blame him for taking the guaranteed $25m or so (depending where in the first round he goes) and putting that to work immediately. Not that $5m for playing baseball is anything to sneeze at, but it’s a much longer slog to make the bigger money in MLB compared to the NFL. 

That said, I think his rookie deal will end up being the only big money he gets to play QB in the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The more QBs in the draft, the better for the Bills.  At least some mock drafters have him going in the top 8, which would be great for the Bills.  He's shorter than Baker  Mayfield, but only be a couple inches.  Mayfield seems to manage just fine, and I don't know that it would be any harder for Murray.  It is a given that whoever drafts him understands that teams' offense will have to be structured around Murray's skill set.

I have  read articles that say he is 5'9" in socks.        Even Brees and Russell Wilson are at least in the 5'11"  range.   

But enough of that . Shouldn't the Bills consider drafting him?   I've read on this board that team should keep drafting QBs until they hit on their franchise QB :p

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I have  read articles that say he is 5'9" in socks.        Even Brees and Russell Wilson are at least in the 5'11"  range.   

But enough of that . Shouldn't the Bills consider drafting him?   I've read on this board that team should keep drafting QBs until they hit on their franchise QB :p

We shouldn't draft a quarterback until after we fire Beane next January. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Good for him for choosing what he wants to do and not listening to others.  Dude was awesome in college.  But man, it’s hard to see a guy like this holding up when guys like Big Ben, Newton, and Allen get hurt.  It will take some mega balls to draft him.  

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they took a flyer on a guy in the 3rd or 4th round I'm sure some people would be outraged here but I would like it.

Considering the shitshow we had at the position, how could anyone be upset at getting another young guy behind Allen? 

I would love Tyree Jackson of UB in the later rounds.  Perfect developmental guy, who could be the next Logan Thomas if he can’t make it as a qb.

25 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

But enough of that . Shouldn't the Bills consider drafting him?   I've read on this board that team should keep drafting QBs until they hit on their franchise QB ?

Wilson is also Thicc.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Obviously. Baseball is boring.

can't tell if it's a good gig. High pay, less pressure, less pain. But good God the travel, the bore, and hours must suuuck.

More hotties though. Baseball WAGs are always the best of the leagues.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s good news for us for trade scenarios. 

But a terrible move on his part in my opinion. 

Baseball players make so much money. Long term health and financials baseball was such a better move. You don’t even have to be that good to make so much guaranteed money. 

You do however have to be able to hit major league pitching which imo is the hardest thing to do in any sport.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You do however have to be able to hit major league pitching which imo is the hardest thing to do in any sport.

Yup.  It’s such a separate skill than most other athletic ones.  

Honestly, this is probably no lose for Murray. If he flames out in football, a baseball team will sign him for the PR alone.  For god sakes, Tim Tebow is going to camp with the Mets (As a Mets fan, they are way more embarrassing than the Bills).

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I see a rich man's Russel Wilson.  I think he's going to be great.

He might be but either way he will make a rich owner even more rich. He is going to pack the house, refreshment stands, parking lots, souvenir stands, etc. There will T-Shirts and jerseys galore that say "Murray" on the back. Pure profit.

He will be a cash cow for one lucky owner.

Edited by Bill from NYC

45 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

It’s up there

Trying to do a lot of other things in sports has the threat of bodily contact to take while doing it, sometimes the risk of severe injury from this contact is prominent

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I don’t know about that baseball threat. His rookie deal will be five years long, he’ll be 26 when it expires, and thats old to begin your minor league career in pro baseball. And that’s assuming no erosion in his baseball skills in the interim. 

While I think he made the wrong decision in the long term, I can’t blame him for taking the guaranteed $25m or so (depending where in the first round he goes) and putting that to work immediately. Not that $5m for playing baseball is anything to sneeze at, but it’s a much longer slog to make the bigger money in MLB compared to the NFL. 

That said, I think his rookie deal will end up being the only big money he gets to play QB in the NFL. 

He could retire from the NFL and switch over to Baseball at any point unless there is some language added to his contract but not sure how that would work. Obviously would have to pay back some bonus money but I am glad the Bills are not in the market for a QB this year.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1