What do you want to see this offseason: TRADES

YoloinOhio

I’ll throw a name out and it is someone that I wanted last year. How about Stefon Diggs for a 2nd? He just signed a reasonable extension and would instantly give us that #1 WR. Minnesota is up against the cap and were nowhere near the team that they expected to be. They already have Thielen (who I would take as well) and have all of that money tied up in Cousins. It may make sense for them to look to someone like Deebo Samuel in round 2 and save the $$. I’m not sure of the breakdown of Diggs contract but assuming that there’s a minimal cap hit to the Vikings it may be an option? 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll throw a name out and it is someone that I wanted last year. How about Stefon Diggs for a 2nd? He just signed a reasonable extension and would instantly give us that #1 WR. Minnesota is up against the cap and were nowhere near the team that they expected to be. They already have Thielen (who I would take as well) and have all of that money tied up in Cousins. It may make sense for them to look to someone like Deebo Samuel in round 2 and save the $$. I’m not sure of the breakdown of Diggs contract but assuming that there’s a minimal cap hit to the Vikings it may be an option? 

I think it is a pipe dream but I'd do it in a nano second.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think it is a pipe dream but I'd do it in a nano second.

It’s certainly a “best case scenario” but at least there is SOME level of logic to it. The Vikings are a flawed team. If they had 3 picks in the top 50 (or whatever it is) they could do something like: Polite, Samuel and Lindstrom. 

I don’t think that there is a deal there to be had but the Bills should at least pick up the phone. 

53 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/stefon-diggs-16872/

If I’m reading it right I don’t see a dead cap hit if traded... could be wrong 

Edited by YoloinOhio

It’s going to be a wild offseason this year in the nfl. Trdaes, Release, FA, draft ext.Already stared with Flacco trade and Antonio brown trade that should be coming before March 13. Hakeem Hunt to Cleveland ect.

I think the Bills are going to be active. 

Edited by wppete

OBJ!  Let's go!!

In his weekly mailbag, Jay Glazer of The Athletic said he expects the trade market to be very active across the NFL this offseason, the same way it has been over the past year with players like Jimmy Garoppolo, Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper changing teams. He mentioned how some teams tried to trade for Beckham at the trade deadline this past season, and he predicted that the Giants will pull the trigger on moving OBJ in the coming months.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/giants-could-trade-odell-beckham/484503

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course. Diggs is pretty much a #1 but I’d bed Minny would trade Thielen before Diggs. Thielen is 3 years older and not as explosive.

However, I doubt they’d trade either.

I would like to see Beane make a play for Mohamed Sanu...

I think he is still playing well, will just have turned 30 when the season starts, and would be a good leader for the other young guys on the team ( including hopefully a highly drafted prospect this year)..

His contract still has two years left at a very reasonable $6M per year which will probably be about half what Golden Tate ends up with..

I think a 5th would get it done...

Probably unlikely that Atlanta lets him go, but I think its more of a possibility then them letting Julio go...

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to trade down in the draft. I think the free agent money will go towards immediately protecting Allen. Similar to what the Rams did for Goff.  The receivers and tight ends aren’t elite enough to draft at 9. Trade down to 15 with Washington and get an extra 2nd, or trade down with Oakland and get their two late 1st’s. 

Imagine getting Harry or Metcalf AND Hockenson or Fant in the 1st Round and having a 2nd to grab another lineman like Risner, Deiter, or Jenkins. All could play center guard or even right tackle. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Logic said:

The Bills could sure use a good veteran WR. The problem is that in order to obtain one, they'd need to part with high draft picks. I don't see the Bills, who are still in the early stages of a rebuild/youth movement, wanting to part with high picks -- which represent young, cheap labor -- in order to obtain older, more expensive players.

My gut says the Bills are not trading for a receiver.  Maybe look for a surprise cut during camp if another team has another prospect ready to emerge.

16 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I would love to trade down in the draft. I think the free agent money will go towards immediately protecting Allen. Similar to what the Rams did for Goff.  The receivers and tight ends aren’t elite enough to draft at 9. Trade down to 15 with Washington and get an extra 2nd, or trade down with Oakland and get their two late 1st’s. 

Imagine getting Harry or Metcalf AND Hockenson or Fant in the 1st Round and having a 2nd to grab another lineman like Risner, Deiter, or Jenkins. All could play center guard or even right tackle. 

Buffalo's leverage diminished greatly with the pending Flacco to Denver trade.

I’d be good with moving around and ending up with an extra pick in an early round next year. They say next years picks get “discounted” by a round or so because the FO wants to stay employed, but I think these guys are safe and next years draft IS going to happen. It seems you might get good value if you take advantage of the “discount”. 

Is that crazy? 

• Like (+1) 2

I fully expect Beane to make one big move this offseason via trade. For who, I have no idea. Anyone who's been following this regime knows that Beane isn't afraid to pull the trigger, and we now have the ability to take on bigger contracts which makes such a move all the more likely.

Do not be surprised if Beane trades down in the draft, accumulates more picks, and gives up a second/third for a vet receiver, pass rusher or OL that another team is trying to dump for cap reasons. There are plenty of teams in cap hell right now that would be willing to move vet pieces for below their true market value, in attempt to clear up some cap space. Given our situation, we should definitely looking to be a willing trade partner on the other end of such a deal, and Bean knows this. 

I expect something relatively big to go down soon. Should be an exciting offseason!

On 2/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, Augie said:

I’d be good with moving around and ending up with an extra pick in an early round next year. They say next years picks get “discounted” by a round or so because the FO wants to stay employed, but I think these guys are safe and next years draft IS going to happen. It seems you might get good value if you take advantage of the “discount”. 

Is that crazy? 

This years draft is pretty deep.

And while that may seem like a subjective take.........the fact that there is a record amount of underclassmen declared is a good indicator that next years might not be so good.

So a second rounder next year might net you the same kind of player you'd get in the 3rd or even 4th this year.  

That's to say nothing about the time value of the pick.

It would have to be a pretty great value to trade out of this draft, IMO.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This years draft is pretty deep.

And while that may seem like a subjective take.........the fact that there is a record amount of underclassmen declared is a good indicator that next years might not be so good.

So a second rounder this year might net you the same kind of player you'd get in the 3rd or even 4th this year.  

That's to say nothing about the time value of the pick.

It would have to be a pretty great value to trade out of this draft, IMO.

Good point, but unless we combine some picks to move around, 10 new draft pickups is a lot. I have no idea how the depth of this year compares to next year, but it seems these perceptions change quite a bit over the course of a year.  If next year is indeed less deep, that’s taken into consideration this year. I’m not saying it WILL happen, just that I’d be OK with it if it makes sense in the right deal. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Good point, but unless we combine some picks to move around, 10 new draft pickups is a lot. I have no idea how the depth of this year compares to next year, but it seems these perceptions change quite a bit over the course of a year.  If next year is indeed less deep, that’s taken into consideration this year. I’m not saying it WILL happen, just that I’d be OK with it if it makes sense in the right deal. 

For some teams 10 draft picks would be a lot but the way this roster is structured they could easily find yobs on the 53 man for that many.

Wouldn't be surprised if a dozen rookies made the final 53  man roster next year..........going 0 for 8 in UFA last winter.......with only 1 guaranteed a roster spot......the virtually un-cuttable Star Lotulelei........ left a lot of opportunities.

20 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I see us taking the best OL available with our first pick & then I hope we trade back up into the first & grab a WR.

In my perfect world we would land Williams OL with our first pick & then trade up & grab WR Harry, Metcalf or Brown.  

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

If we trade back in Rd 1, secure an additional 2nd and then jump back into the 1st to target a player that makes sense as we get a 5th year option year on that player targeted via trade up.

• Like (+1) 1